240/The Cog - Finale

From Transformers: The Dark Eras MUSH Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search
The Cog - Finale
Date of Scene: 15 November 2016
Location: Grav-Haraan Glacier
Synopsis: The Decepticons go up against the Cog for the final time.
Cast of Characters: Blast Off, Prowl, 65, Vortex, 84, Brawl


Prowl has posed:
    The last time the Combaticons attempted to take down the remaining Functionists hiding in their giant cloaked ship out in the Aria Nebula, Vortex went charging in without a plan and without much backup--suffice it to say that this didn't end well for him or his teammates.

    One thing is for certain. The sheer size and scope of the station known to its denizens as the Cog will require either a large attack force or a very skilled infiltration team with a near-foolproof plan in order to succeed in taking the massive station down...then there's the question of an escape plan. Either Blast Off will have to navigate the treacherous nebula himself without getting them all killed, or they will have to find a way to get through the portal back to Cybertron before it is destroyed. Either way, the Decepticons are determined to take the secret base down once and for all...

Vortex has posed:
Vortex's rotors shiver in the cold where the spacebridge entrance lies. They've gotta be expecting them. He gives the magnaboots a little scuff before folding his rotors back and holding his gun at the ready. No flying out of air locks this time. He's determined to get this done. Not going to drop everything and manically chase Prowl again. Nope. Even if he's done that... Every time he's seen the mech. New day, new battle, new Functionists to slaughter.

Vortex's visor gleams from the light of the spacebridge and he shifts to tuck his scrawny frame safetly behind Brawl. Big guy owes him. He slaps the tank's back. Let's get this show on the road, then!

Blast Off has posed:
Blast Off holds his ionic blaster, also ready for action. "I still think we should have shuttled in..." He mutters, "But perhaps just as well you lot aren't scuffing up my insides." A little huff, and he gives a nod to Brawl. "Alright, Brawl... you first. Time to tank it."

Thundercracker (84) has posed:
Thundercracker is following behind the Combaticons. He feels kinda bad that he left them to secure Tarn the other cycle and has agreed to help with this mission to try and make amends. Alongside him is his wingmate skywarp which will make this mission all the better. He misses flying with his wingmate.

Brawl has posed:
If Brawl had a mouth, he would be grinning, taking the slap to the back as it was meant - a brotherly nudge to get moving. The mech takes a few steps forward, and then pauses. "THis thing's safe?" Of course it is. Vortex wouldn't send him in if it wasn't. The mech doesn't care if there are guns and threats on the other side, but somehow, the idea of walking through a portal very slightly unnerves the mech. He can't punch temporal phenomena. Once he has made space between himself and his Combaticons, he transforms into his _nearly_ indestructible tank mode. With his turret set forward as if to express grim determination, the tank treads on forward into the space bridge.

Skywarp (65) has posed:
Skywarp saunters in alongside Thundercracker. He seems ready for action, springing a little as he paces, and humming some sort of psych-up ditty quietly to himself. He snickers at Brawl's query, peering over at Thundercracker and flashing a stupid grin. He then steps up to the space bridge.

Prowl has posed:
    Yep, as soon as Brawl walks through, alarms screech that intruders have entered. Though this time, it's not people who greet them but autoturrets that emerge from the walls and open fire on all of them. Vortex was right in thinking they were probably expecting them to show up again at some point. And since they couldn't just get up and move elsewhere, they opted to set up more security instead.

Vortex has posed:
"S'not the portal you need to worry about, Brawlie..." Vortex sticks close behind the tank, which is still massive to the rotary, and that pans out as being a good thing. He ducks behind a tread as the shots begin, but he still gets scolded by a few shots. Slag. But no need for orders here, its natural what to do next. He crouches, taking aim and shooting at the turrets to muck up the mechanisms to stop the shooting.

Blast Off has posed:
As soon as they step through, chaos starts, and there's no way for the shuttleformer to evade damage. "Gah!" Blast Off stumbles back hissing with some pain, as a hail of gunfire rips away some of his armor. Time to grit his dentae and get to work, though. The sniper starts running to the left, attemtping to get over some rows that rim the space bridge and make his way to the side of the room where there might be more cover. He returns fire while scanning the room. "Find the power, and let's pull the plug."

Brawl has posed:
Turret on turret action! The large, drab tank inches forward, ignoring the assault as it makes some adjustments to aim and fire the turret at the weapons. There is little need for maneuvering or dodging, just to stay put and try to draw fire. Though it's hard to taunt automated systems. Maybe this will help. BOOM!

Thundercracker (84) has posed:
Thundercracker gets slammed with a hit and win givers. "Skywarp! Why are you in root mode?!" Knowing him he's up to something. Leveling back out the blue seeker unleashes both wing lasers at the weapons firing at them.

Skywarp (65) has posed:
Skywarp, still snickering at the notion of a teleporter mishap, meanders carelessly behind the Combaticons. If he had remained focused, he would have had a chance at evading the blasts, teleporting to safety, or even using a Combaticon as a shield. Unfortunately, Skywarp is caught daydreaming, absorbing the first round of fire before he can react. "Whuu?" is all he can muster in response to Thundercracker. He figures he's supposed to transform because Thundercracker is yelling at him again. *sigh* He does transform now, rattling machinegun fire in response to the defense salvo.

Prowl has posed:
    The turrets keep shooting, and the alarms keep shrieking. It's all very chaotic. Vortex's adhesives strike one of the turrets, locking up its joints and preventing it from moving according to its targeting algorithm, though not entirely destroying it.

    According to Blast Off's scans and the intel they obtained from Salvo, the large double door on the far wall of the room leads into the central corridor that spans the length of the colossal station. If they can get to the other end in one piece, there is a gravlift that goes down into engineering.

    As for the rest of the turrets in here, Thundercracker and Brawl do the brunt of the damage, causing most of them to crumble and fall to the floor in smoking heaps. There are still a few active ones, though they should be able to bolt into the corridor and shut the door to block them. Of course...the main corridor will present new challenges--but one step at a time, right?

Vortex has posed:
Vortex grins as he sticks up a turret without disabling it. CHAOTIC alignment at its best! But with Brawla and- he hates to admit it- Thundercracker, an opening is created. "Hup!" Vortex puts his gun away to hop up onto the tank that just took a volley of shots for him and run over his top. The rotary doesn't get in front of Brawl's turret though before jumping down and making his way to the doors. He streaks his way across, looking around for tricks and ready to hop outta the way. Prowl has been here often, you can never be too wary of traps.

As he nears the door, his rotors prick and his steps slow. The light in his visor narrows. There's something on there but he's no explosives expert or anything- that's more Brawl's speed. << There's something here! Unsure what it is. Don't think opening the door right now is the best way to go. Any other route to the center, Blasty? >>

Blast Off has posed:
Once Blast off reaches the far wall, he circles around, using cover where he can- and covering the others. Well, mostly Vortex and Brawl, taking aim at any turret about to fire on one of his teammates. By the time he gets to the door he can see something amiss as well. He runs a scan again, but... << It's the fastest way. There are some hallways and corridors we can try... or we could detonate whatever this is from a distance. I can shoot it from afar, certainly. If we were undiscovered I might go the long way, but... right now speed may be our best bet. >>

Skywarp (65) has posed:
Skywarp barrel rolls away from the incoming turret blasts. Now up to speed and focused on battle, he continues his skirmish with the blasters, providing support fire for the advancing Combaticons. He buzzes around like an angry wasp, weaving his way through gunfire and attempting to pick off what remains of the automated defenses. He's too focused on his task to pay attention to what is going on with the door.

Brawl has posed:
It is satisfying to see so many of the automated weapons crumple into smoking piles of rubble. He'd prefer to stay and destroy them all, but there is an order to push forward. The double doors leading to the central corridor come into Brawl's view. His turret turns, aiming at them, as if to fire, but that hum just before an attack never emits. Instead there is an uncertain pause. One, Vortex is in the way, and while he'd merily blast a seeker AND the door, Vortex is not only a fellow combaticon, but he enables his violent urges. <<Does it look like a bomb? If so, then yes, it will blow up. Blinking lights might mean bomb.>> Brawl is so helpful. The would turn and head towards the doors, but that requires a lot more time and space than the Combaticon has. And a decisions needs to be made, and well, that's not really Brawl's forte either. So instead he begins firing at the turrets again, boredly.

Thundercracker (84) has posed:
Thundercracker heads for the door but catches something amiss. He pulls up ho stung and watches skywarp shooting straight at the door. Or at least it looks like he is. "Skywarp wait! The door, anyone else see the trap?"

Prowl has posed:
    Upon closer examination, yes, there is a bomb on the door. It's an EMP, so it is designed to knock out important systems. It'll probably take out the turrets, but also disorient him and anyone else in the room, making their trip toward engineering all the more difficult. Meanwhile, the turrets keep unloading at them, though their numbers are certainly thinning thanks to Skywarp, Thundercracker, and Brawl's continued assault.

Vortex has posed:
Vortex growls to himself, hissing as a shot scalds his side. Slaggit. << If its the fastest way in, let's not frag around. >> The rotary turns and hurries away from the door. << /Someone shoot/ it or get rid of it, longer we take to get there, the more defenses they can mount! >>

Brawl has posed:
Somewhat loathe to stop playing with his new friends, the automated defenses, Brawl protoforms and heads towards the double doors to take a better look at the EMP. <<"......This is one of those things that shuts things down. Less kaboom more fzzzzzzzzzzzzt.">> Yeah. Brawl is helpful. So helpful. <<"So it won't be quicker. Because it will make us all fizzle out.>>. "<<Usually I blow stuff up, not un-blow them up. Want me to fiddle with it?>>

Blast Off has posed:
After some radoing back and forth, Blast Off begins backing away from the door. He'll let others work on it, and is prepared to shoot it and blow the thing up if needed. But for now, he works to silence the rest of the turrets. He radios back to Brawl, << Go watch that Sekker, yes, see if you can figure it out. >> He's not hopeful, this IS Brawl after all... but Brawl does actually know explosives pretty well. Who knows.

Thundercracker (84) has posed:
Thundercracker seems preoccupied as he counties citing at the turrets but he is also moving closer to the door to take a scan of the bomb.

Skywarp (65) has posed:
Skywarp pulls back, seemingly annoyed at the proceedings. He transforms and lands nearby, pretending to help with the battle, but really just firing randomly and staying out of danger. Let the Combaticons do it, he tells himself. He slows his approach and falls to the back of the pack.

Blast Off has posed:
"Alright, step back everyone." Blast off waits until everyone's clear (well especially the other Combaticons but he isn't trying to blatantly try to off the Seekers right now either). Once things are clear, he aims, draws in a slow deep vent of air, and fires at the device, seeking to short-circut the bomb with his ionic blaster- which interferes with eletrical things.

Prowl has posed:
    By now, the turrets are mostly down. There are a few still feebly firing some potshots, but most of them are scrapheaps by now. That's a good thing for them, since for once Blast Off's aim seems to be off. Instead of shorting out the bomb, it misses and strikes the latch, knocking it off and causing the bomb to detonate!

Vortex has posed:
FINALLY, someone does something. And its a Combaticon, no less. Stuff it, Seekers. But then the most unlikely thing happens. Blast Off /misses./ He misses and the thing goes off. A wave of numbness rolls over his rotors and they fall slightly, making the rotary shiver to eek that feeling away. But otherwise... He's unaffected. Right.

"Let's stop wasting time!" With gun in hand, Vortex marches to those doors where the EMP just went off and forces them all the way open. Then he continues on in, ready for a fight.

Brawl has posed:
Well. That just happened. Although Brawl had moved himself a distance from the EMP, it was really a useless gesture. For all of Blast Off's posturing and gloating over his superior ability to sharpshoot, he let Brawl, and the whole room, down when they were desperately relying upon him. In moments, the mech is aware of an odd sensation. Or lack thereof. Everything is blank. The mech puts his hands out in front of him, trying to feel for something to orient himself, his feet shuffling on the ground as he staggers this way and that. Brawl stumbles uselessly into a wall. However, once he can feel something, he begins to pound on it with reckless abandon, unloading all of his rage at his inability to see. It doesn't help that his thought process, what little he had, is comprimised as well.

Skywarp (65) has posed:
Skywarp watches with dismay as the blast goes awry. He does the only sensible thing to do in this situation and teleports himself out of the blast radius. Since he's such a good pal, he grabs Thundercracker too, and carries him as well. He figures the Combaticons will be fine... probably. Or not. Whatever. "That didn't go as planned," he comments. He then teleports them back to the fray and continues his advance. Rushing past the downed Brawl, He feels the need to comment. "We Combaticons know ALL ABOUT how EMPs work," he chides. "Let's just shoot the thing."

Blast Off has posed:
Blast Off takes aim, confident of his shot. He's the best sharpshooter this side of Cybertron, after all. He takes aim, fires..... AND MISSES??!! The sniper stares in shock as the thing goes off, bracing himself as the shockwaves resonate, but his heat shields seem to protect him. In fact everyone seems fine... except Brawl. Blast Off stares as the tank loses footing and stumbles. He's shocked he missed, and shocked to see Brawl hit by it. Possibly even feeling ... a bit of guilt. Skywarps's jeer doesn't help, and the sniper glares at him, fists clenching before unclenching again.

Finally breaking out of his stupor, he moves forward, too, not able to help but move towards Brawl. Well, maybe not TOO close, since Brawl is disoriented and smashing things. He huffs at Thundercracker's comment, then reaches an uncertain hand towards the tank. "Brawl... Brawl! I.." He wants to say sorry, but with all the snide comments his pride is stinging as it is, and he hates admitting mistakes- especially in front of the Seekers. . "I... Uh. Can you move down the Gravlift?"

Thundercracker (84) has posed:
Thundercracker can't believe the boasting mech misses the target. Really? The blue tetrajet pulls back and transforms. He can feel the EMP waves just barely touch him and then he's grabbed and teleported away. Then before he can get his bearings Skywarp ports again and yes back where he was before. "Well that worked well." He says dryly as he glances toward blast off.

Brawl has posed:
BANG BANG BANG! Metal hammering metal. Brawl either can't hear or just doesn't respond to Blast Off's words. He just continues to make a bigger dent in the patch of metal he's been throwing his rage against. He lets out a few angry roars of frustration, but doesn't seem to be talking much. His flailing becomes more erratic, but he can't even form the words he needs to tell people that he's blind. His optics have lost their glow, however, which may be a clue to the observant. It is unlikely that the mech will make it to the hallway unaided, and even guiding him looks like it will be a huge risk.

Prowl has posed:
    Well it could have gone worse, right? With Skywarp's teleportation ability and Blast Off's shields, only Brawl took the fall. And to top it off, what remained of the turrets in that room suddenly shut down as soon as the EMP went off.

    Well then, onward into the central corridor it is! Here, they are met with four marauder turrets and three guards. One is tall and bulky, one is average-built, and a third is lean and on the lighter side but looks like a speedy type. The tall one charges at Vortex and aims a fist at his face, while the mid-sized one hangs back and aims a rifle at Skywarp.

Skywarp (65) has posed:
Skywarp is struck in the top of the knee by a well-placed rifle blast. He trips and is catapulted forward, but regains his bearings and somewhat neatly transitions this into a lunging attack. As he closes the gap between himself and the guard, he produces a glimmering blade from within his forearm and takes an angry swipe in the rifleman's direction.

Vortex has posed:
Oh great, more guards. Vortex doesn't slow in his advancement as the tall mech comes at him. Instead, he uses his agile build to duck and spin around the mech, able to catch who's behind- aw, slaggit. He can see through the doors and Brawl looks mad. << Blast Off, the hell is the tank's problem? You know what, just move. Lemme give him some direction. >> The rotary aims his gun at the tall mech and fires, hoping to blind him with glue.

"HEY BRAWL!" Vortex shouts at a volume that could make the tank jealous. "Hey, ya prissy lil coward! You gonna stay back there and let me do all the fightin?! How pathetic!!" Here's hoping Brawl can follow the sound of a voice throwing insults. When it comes to a raging juggernaut, you just gotta direct them.

Blast Off has posed:
Blast Off casts Thundercracker a bitter look. "If YOU hadn't been distracting me I would have made that shot ages ago. I shoot things miles away all the time, and this was a piece of petro-cake!" Yeah, it was obviously someone else's fault. Blast Off stays an arms-length from Brawl, noting his dimmed optics. Again with that fragging twinge of guilt.

"Brawl, come on. This way." The sniper begins making his way after Vortex and Skywarp, talking to Brawl as he does so to guide him with his voice. (As opposed to hand, which could get him punched- and that would hurt like smelt.) "This way. Follow me. Things to smash down here- watch out, Grav Lift, take a step down right... there." But it seems Vortex has other things in mind. The sniper stops and glares at the rotary... annoyed. What's most annoying is the realization that Vortex's way is probably going to be more effective, too.

Brawl has posed:
Noise. That... that noise! Voice! Maybe... his name? Sounds about right. No. Don't try and think. Smash. Smash everything! Smash that noise!Brawl Seems to lunge towards Blast Off's calm voice and posh accent, but miscalculates and ends up ramming himself into another piece of wall. This just makes the mech more angry and he howls in frustration. Vortex' taunting voice fills his audials, and he forgets Blast Off immediately. The mech begins to guide himself along the wall, one pounding fist at a time. It's surprisingly systematic and intuitive for the mech. If his doesn't punch air, and something doesn't scream, it's not worth punching. So move and punch again. It is this way that the mech begins to slowly make his way into the hallway and towards the sound of Vortex voice. However, he is a rediculously easy target at this point. Well. More than usual.

Thundercracker (84) has posed:
Thundercracker twitches a wing at blast offs remark but doesn't reply to it for now. Instead he pulls his glaive and attacks the closest guard, if you will, in front of him.

Prowl has posed:
    Skywarp's glaive slices through the mech's midsection. Fuel spews everywhere--all over the floor and all over him. He stumbles backward, not having expected the the seeker to get that close that fast. He collapses, down for the count. Vortex's opponent misses with his fist. With the amount of physical power behind that punch, the miss throws him off-balance, sending him straight into the adhesive discharge. The muck manages to strike him just the right spot, seeping into his joints and effectively paralyzing him as well as trapping him against the wall the attack knocked him into.

     The lighter-built one darts in front of Thundercracker, attempting to catch him off-guard. The blade misses him as he dodges to the left and sticks a pistol in the blue seeker's side.

    Meanwhile, more marauder turrets begin to swarm in, attaching themselves to the walls, ceiling and floor with their guns blazing hot. It's clear they are probably not going to stop coming...an opening needs to be made so that they can simply charge through hopefully fast enough to not get mowed down. Well it's a good thing they brought Brawl, right? If he'd snap out of it any time soon, anyway...

Vortex has posed:
At least his shouting got the dreadnaught to move. Vortex doesn't have time to admire that or his handiwork with that tall mech when a shot sizzles his shoulder. He hisses, taking a step or two back. Slagging turrets... He glances back at the tank before running towards the turrest the fastest he can, taking a few shots at one.

"HEY BRAWL!" Vortex shouts over his shoulder. "Remember the brig?! Well- I'M THE ONE WHO TOLD COMMAND ABOUT WHAT YOU DID! I PUT YA IN THERE! Just try and get me!" He's lying buuuut... Come on tanky wanky, let's get rid of theses turrets.

Brawl has posed:
Being scored by the marauder turrets just increases Brawl's growing thoughtless rage. Then the words Vortex shout, although not making much sense in his state of confusion, do it all. The mech growls and unleashes his fury as a spray of bullets in every direction he can turn.

Thundercracker (84) has posed:
Thundercracker misses with his blade then gets shot in the side by his target and yet before he can retaliate he's shot by brawl. What the slag. Why why did he somehow think he could make amends with the Combaticons? Cause he's stupid that's why.

Skywarp (65) has posed:
Skywarp barely has time to admire his kill when he is rocked by friendly fire. He teleports back to Thundercracker to help deal with the last guard. As more guards pour into the area, the Seekers stand shoulder to shoulder, holding the line and making it possible for the COmbaticons to continue their advance.

Blast Off has posed:
Oh frag. Blast off ducks and dodges the bullet, literally, as Brawl goes berzerk. Welp, not sticking too close to him now. "BRAWL! Don't shoot at US!! Shoot..." Uh. He looks around. "Shoot at 2 O'clock." Pause. "That means shoot slightly to your right." Meanwhile, the sniper tries to shoot the turrets too while running a scan of the area. "Now we need to get to the power source and shut it down... but watch out for booby-traps." He runs a scan for anything amiss as he moves forward.

Brawl has posed:
The recoil and the sheer rage met its climax, and then dwindled away to an uneasy tension, waiting to rise up again. Brawl's optics flicker back on, and he stands dumbfounded for a moment as he gazes about his environment. But, urging via radio re-focuses the mech. He's come to his senses and owers his gun, charging past the turrets towards the gravlift. Although the seekers seem to be holding them off more or less, he takes a few pot-shots at the marauders. Unlike Blast Off, however, he isn'tbeing overly careful or watching for traps. For some reason it doesn't occur to him that someone would set more than ONE trap. Foolish brute.

Prowl has posed:
    With the seekers holding the line for the Combaticons, the gravlift is now in sight...if Skywarp and Thundercracker can hold off the hordes of marauder turrets and probably some guards for long enough, they might just pull it off...

Vortex has posed:
Vortex cackles, ducking the bullet spray from Brawl. Now /this/ is a classic Combaticon mission. Seekers being shot is a bonus. With guards and turrets taken care of and knowing his brothers well enough, he charges forward. He jumps and slides int the gravilift, knocking into the wall to bring him to a stop. He's ready to go. << Hurry it up you two! I'm already here! >>

Blast Off has posed:
Blast Off does hurry it up, charging after Vortex, his own gun working hot and heavy to try and cover Vortex. << Hold your turbo-horses, I'm right behind you. >>

Brawl has posed:
Brawl isn't fast. But once he build up momentum, he can really get going. The problem is stopping. Shortly after Vortex uses the wall as a brake, Brawl comes hot on his heels, narrowly avoiding crushing his comrade. He slams into that same wall, leaving a Brawl shaped imprint.

Prowl has posed:
    The doors slide shut, and down the gravlift goes--the noise of the battle above is shut out. It's strange, but it's as if the chaos has just come to a sudden cessation. Some kind of elevator ambience is playing in the background, even...

    Then the doors open again, and they find themselves down in engineering. It's very dim, but the low hum of the machinery can be heard all around them. In the center is what surely must the reactor, surrounded by massive coolant chambers and connecting conduits to circulate said coolant. It would appear for the time being that they are alone--but could it really be this easy?

Vortex has posed:
Vortex bounces the whole time, rotors waggling. All that battle energy has gotta be expended somehow. If Blast Off is eternally aloof and Brawl forever noisy, then Vortex just can't sit still. Ever. And then the doors open and... Its dark. He dims his visor, grayed and matte colors letting him blend intot he dim lighting.

Vortex glances back at his brothers and then steps out. Silently, he begins to stalk around the outer rim of the room, searching for movement or a trap or something.

Blast Off has posed:
They finally arrive. Blast Off keeps a wary optic on the lookout, for he suspects a trap. There's no way they left this room ungaurded. The sniper heads towards the controls, scanning for anything odd. If he sees nothing, he'll take a look at the control panel and decide what to do next. << let me know what you find, if anything, Vortex. >>

Brawl has posed:
Grumbling and muttering under his breath, Brawl follows behind Blast Off. He's not terribly alert - that is what Vortex is for. He just seems to be waiting for the go ahead to shoot or smash something.

Prowl has posed:
    "Well, it is about time. I have been expecting you."

    A voice suddenly comes through the darkness. And if anyone looks toward it, there is a teal-colored mech with what appears to be a single golden optic for a face. Which means that if anyone was paying attention to anything back before the Senate fell, or read any history really, this was in fact Twelve-of-Twelve, othewise known as the Castigator, the punishment-enactor, the one who decided that people should get their head and hands amputated if they were considered an affront to Primus by overreaching their pre-determined function, or if they spoke out on behalf of those who did.

    This may or may not be a moment Vortex has been waiting for...for a -long- time.

Vortex has posed:
Vortex is being careful, looking for Prowl. Any sign of that black and white mech with his stupid lile red chevron- Primus, he wants to wear it like a mustache and he's unsure why. The Combaticon shakes the thought from his head before he stops at that voice, head snapping around to see who was talking. Definitly not Prowl, then who- the rotary's spark stopped for just a moment.

The fear and hate and self-loathing bubble up and fuel his rage. This was one of them. One of the Functionist council that said a mech built as a plane can't be a rotary. Well, he's about to show this council member how wrong they were.

The glue gun drops from Vortex's servos as he turns on his heels and charges, his engine giving a guttural growl while his his rotors twist and flare aggressively. The he kicks off the floor and lunges at Twelve-of-Twelve, claws going for that stupid, dumb optic.

Blast Off has posed:
Blast Off stops as Twelve of Twelve makes himself known. Yep, definitely a trap. The shuttle's violet optics narrow, frame growing tense. There's an instinctive, overwhelming hatred broiling up within... he's not even sure why. Something personal. Perhaps because he knows what it's like to have your body altered without your permission, perhaps other reasons from far away, too. Something about Twelve is WRONG on so many levels.

But when Vortex attacks, Blast off decides he should keep focused on the task at hand. Tex can distract Twelve while Blast Off figures out the best way to destroy this reactor. So he lets the rotary do his thing while focusing on finishing their mission, seeming to ignore the Functionist with an aloof disdain.

Brawl has posed:
And for once Brawl ISN'T the rage monkey. He is bored, exhausted, and annoyed more than angry. After coming to his senses, he wasn't exactly sated, but his momentum had been interrupted and it was taking a while for the berzerker to reroute and reconnect with his own reservoir of anger. However, he'd be more than happy to do something violent about now.
     The voice only mildly catches Brawl's attention. He whips out a gun, aiming it at the monoptical freak for a moment, then lowers his gun as Vortex gets in the way with a charge. He's mildly miffed that Vortex acted quicker than himself at the first available target. No empathy here. With his other hand he obnoxiously jostled Blast Off's arm. "Hurry up, will ya?"

Prowl has posed:
    "You are all very determined, I will give you that." Twelve intones. "But you must understand--we are not the enemy--we are your salvation. Only in fulfilling Primus' ultimate purpose will we ever realize our true potential. But in order to fulfill that purpose, we must make sacrifices. Nothing truly good ever comes easily." Even as Vortex charges, he remains perfectly calm, not really moving except to tap a key on the console he's standing near...

    Suddenly, there is a loud, low groan, and lights flicker on, outlining the figure of an old yet terrible nemesis--the Omega Destructor. There had been reports of Prowl working with someone to salvage and rebuild though some of them were destroyed it would appear that not all were. Its arm comes down toward Vortex as he is lunging toward Twelve, aiming to bat him away and send him flying into his teammates.

Vortex has posed:
Vortex would be foaming at the mouth if he had one. As it were, the arm does connect with the rotary but instead of batting, he clings to the arm. He scrambles and pushes off, landing hard on the floor beside Twelve. His armor bristles, the light in his visor awash with anger and hate.

"SHUT UP! You ruined my life! So pay for it with yours!" Vortex swings out his sword as he lunges once more at Twelve, willfully ignorant of the Omega Destructor. His full focus is on the Functionist scum.

Blast Off has posed:
"HEY!!" Brawl jostling Blast off means the shuttleformer gets kncoked a few steps and has to step back again. He glares up at the tank with a HUFF. "No touchy. Back off and let me do my job." Then suddenly fraggin OMEGA DESTRUCTOR what the smelt. The sniper looks up, arms jerking back in surprise. Well isn't that just special. *sigh*. Blast Off doesn't have much time, but if Vortex keeps Twelve occupied and Brawl takes on the Omega, then perhaps the sniper can try to redeem himself by shooting the coolant tanks. Overheat those and EVERYONE is gonna have to flee. He aims and takes a shot- please actually hit this time!

Brawl has posed:
What just happened? Good question. Brawl is perplexed as one moment he is poking Blast Off, ignoring some words from some mech he has no interest, and suddenly there is a surge of pain. Pain. It's not just pain. It's a sort of... broken feeling. Brawl shudders, having literally not seen what hit him and he whirls around, narrowing his optics. He sees the big... thing. It moves. So it must die.

Prowl has posed:
    Twelve does not reply to Vortex, but merely ducks away from his attack and dives behind one of the coolant tanks, though the blade manages to score a shoulder. Unfortunately, all three of them have a much bigger problem to deal with. To think Brawl can take this thing on alone might be...well it might not be very realistic.

    If Blast Off has examined the controls any further, he might learn from the readouts that if the reactor overheats, they will not have very much time to escape. Attempting to simply fly out of the blast radius in time would be difficult, but getting back to the portal in time before it is destroyed might be just as difficult. Either way, it might be too late to go back on this own. The sniper's shot punctures the tank, causing coolant fluids to spew forth. He'd better stay away from it though...it appeares to corrode the floor where it landed, so it probably won't be any better inside of his body.

    The Destructor takes a blast to the leg from Brawl, and despite the tank's own considerable firepower it appears to only have made a small chink in the thing's armor. In response, rocket pods emerge from its shoulders, and a salvo of drone missiles rain down on the Combaticons.

Vortex has posed:
Vortex sees metal shave away from a shoulder- from that Functionist- and its the most beautiful thing he's ever seen. And then missiles hit close to the rotary. He's sent flying, skittering on the ground when he lands. His leg is badly wounded and his side covered in burns but he doesn't care. Pain means nothing.

"Come back here!" Vortex spits as he uses his sword to drag him to his pedes. And then he follows where he last saw Twelve. "Lemme let ya in on a little secret, Twelve. Primus doesn't exist! And soon, I'm going to let you join him in sweet non-existence! Then I'm going to mount your head on my wall!! You wanna talk about sacrifice- then come here and fight me!"

Brawl has posed:
Screw this. Although Brawl would be arrogant to stay and fight the Omega Destructor, alone, until he was blasted into oblivion, he is also impatient. And he knows how little damage his weapon is doing. Or seems to be doing. And it will take time to wittle away at it. Not to mention the missile that plows into his already comprimised armour is an indicator that swift action is necessary. So Brawl follows Blast Off's actions and changes his target to the coolant tanks, taking a blast at one as he begins backing up to the gravlift.

Blast Off has posed:
Blast Off huffs, stepping back even more to avoid any of the chemical spills. << Vortex, Brawl, remember why we're here. Let's destroy this reactor -which will destroy THEM, too- and get out of here. We'll have to move fast once this begins to go. >> He takes another shot at it.

Prowl has posed:
    Both Blast Off and Brawl's shots weren't properly directed. Perhaps they should have aimed at the spot that had originally been cracked and damaged? It would also help, if Vortex helped, too...

    Speaking of Vortex, Twelve does not oblige him an answer, nor does he come out of hiding. And with the injured leg, the rotary's search is rather slow. Meanwhile, the Destructor is still intent on ending them--and fast. It unleashes another wave of drone missiles.

    One thing that someone might notice is that while their own firepower might not do the trick in time, the Destructor's sure would. If they could get it to accidentally hit the right target...

Vortex has posed:
Vortex's head is awashed with nothing but raging hate. He wants Twelve to suffer. Wants him to suffer as he suffered and continues to suffer. Break him as he has been broken. This is his chance! To right wrongs raged against him. Against brethren like him! To feel justice flow through his fingers- the justice the Decepticons promised him and had yet to deliver on.

"Come out and fight me!" His voice almost sounds hoarse, the edges of desperation lapping at the pitch. This is owed to him! He's worked so hard to get here- to find them! He is owed a chance at vengeance! But its not coming.

Another missile hits, this time directly to the small of the rotary's back, throwing parts of him this way and that and spattering pink all around. His visor flickers at he hits the ground. No, no, no! It's not fair! This was his chance! He tries to move but just gets error messages as his body doesn't respond. A growl devolves to a whine in his throat. He was so close... It isn't fair.

Blast Off has posed:
Then the world ends. Or it sure seems like it. Blast off fails, as does the tank, to do any real damage but the damage is certainly done to them. So much so that Vortex falls. "FRAG." The shuttleformer staggers back, his CPU sending alarms throughout his systems. Several systems fail, one arm is seriously damaged and he has to grip his gun with the other hand. Barely standing now, he can tell there's some kind of massive damage, armor falling off and circuits buzzing. However, there seems to be some damage at the collant tanks- did they get something after all?

Stumbling towards Tex, he waves at Brawl. << Grab Vortex, let's get out of here! Back to the hallway, back up to the bridge! >>

Brawl has posed:
"SLAG!" Brawl curses as he takes another grievous hit. He can feel his weakened armour crumple against the impact, idly wonderinf if this is what it feels like to be Blast Off. He doesn't like it.
     The damage to Brawl's armour is extensive. So extensive, in fact, that a significant size shard of twisted plating is broken off from the burst impact of the Destructor's missiles. The piece of armour slams forcefully into the coolant tank Blast Off had already weakened, perforating it deeply, causing a gush of the corrosive chemical to spurt out. Brawl sees that as the substance pools, and melts, it will eventually reach Vortex tattered form. The mech grunts and doesn't hesitate to noisily charge to his fellow Combaticon's aid, more small pieces of his armour flaking off from the jarring movements. <<Blast Off, can you get us the slag outta here?>>. It isn't difficult for Brawl to lift up Vortex, and he is ready to knock the mech about the head if he fights. Brawl looks for Blast Off, turning to run towards him, seeing him as the only way out.

Prowl has posed:
    Blast Off really is their only way out, as the reactor quickly overheats and turns into a blazing inferno that expands. And expands, and expands...

    The shuttle mech will rocket out of there as fast as he can, making his way through the crumbling station in an attempt to get to the portal before it is destroyed, and hopefully also picking up Thundercracker and Skywarp along the way.

    With fire and hot gases rushing up behind them and debris buffetting them on all sides, Blast Off and his comrades come up on the bridge--and by some miracle of Primus it is still active. Now if he can just get through it--completely through it, before it is incinerated--they might just be saved...

Blast Off has posed:
They've got to get out, and fast. Only one thing to do. << Get in!! >> he radios, then transforms. Damaged or not, he's going to fly (or ram if he has to) his way back to the space bridge. He's not in good condition for a space trip at this point, and the Nebula would probably eat him alive. He's barely holding on as is. But if he can fly to the space bridge they'll be back on Cybertron, safe. Ish.

<< Vortex, there's no time!! He can die in the flames! >> Cargo doors open. Once Brawl brings Vortex inside, the shuttle rockets up the hallway, heading back to home as fast as he can go.

Brawl has posed:
It is taking all of Brawl's self control to not silence his own, already severely mangled comrade. However, he just carries, him, running as fast as his legs will carry him. Even now, as he sits inside Blast Off, his grip on Vortex is getting tighter and tighter, coming close to crushing the fallen mech further. <<Let's blow.>> Brawl glares at the seekers out of habit.

Vortex has posed:
If intense pain wasn't already rattling his frame, Vortex might have taken Brawl's tight hold differently. As it were, its almost comforting. He rolls his helm to lay it against Brawl, visor dimming. << You don't understand... >> He mutters over his comms. Its too late to change anything now anyways. His chance came and went. Vortex presses his head against his Combaticon brother and self-induced stassis.

Blast Off has posed:
Blast Off rockets his way to the space bridge once he's got all his passengers (including those Seekers), earning himself some brand new dents and scratches and tears on his wings as he manuevers through the hallways, trying to evade destruction yawning behind.

Brawl has posed:
Whilst comforting Vortex like a swattled babe was NOT Brawl's intention, he's not about to throw a fit. Mostly because he doesn't know what Vortex is thinking or feeling and is just relieved that the mech has more or less gone silent. The ride is a bumpy one, however, and Brawl's feet are pushing hard against the floor to provide some stability. He tries to keep Vortex secuyre, as he is sure if Vortex's head gets whiplashed off, he'll be blamed for it.

Prowl has posed:
    Blast Off manages to just barely make it through the portal--his rear rudders might have gotten singed a bit, even. But they finally make it to the other side, just astroseconds before the explosion incinerates the terminus on that end of the bridge, effectively cutting it off. The terminal on the Cybertron end flickers and deactivates behind them just as the shuttlemech bursts onto the icy expanse of the south pole region.