407/High Speed Heist

From Transformers: The Dark Eras MUSH Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search
High Speed Heist
Date of Scene: 18 October 2017
Location: Tagan Heights
Synopsis: Decepticons attempt a train heist near Tagan Heights, but leave empty-handed.
Cast of Characters: Quantum, Springer, 94, Shadowstar, Hyperdrive


Quantum has posed:
    A large Convocation-controlled rail shipment is headed for Tagan Heights from the Pancontinental Expressway to the east, loaded with supplies and heavily armored with even a few Autobot personnel on guard duty...whatever is inside must be of value. The maglev freighter is entering the outlying sectors of the industrial hotbed now, and Decepticon recon units have reported on the location of the likely high-profile target.

Springer has posed:
    Springer sits in the maglev freighter, holding his Blaster Cannon across his chest. His demeanor is friendly and relaxed, but behind his affable smile his optics are constantly scanning the train inside and out. He is prepared for anything, ready to literally spring into action at the first sign of trouble.

Hyperdrive has posed:
Hyperdrive is not particularly thrilled with being a guard on a transport. His systems keep complaining about the magnetics from the lift as well as the movement. He looks at Springer. "Are ya sure that this isn't a punishment of some sort?" Once again he checks his weapon and cycles through the preparedness drills that he was taught. At the end of the cycle there's a faint shimmer as he checks his forcefield. The young mech looks a bit nervous considering he's here without his usual friends.

Shadowstar has posed:
     Not only reported, but the recon unit is currently following the train. Like was said, it is obviously a valuable target and she has been waiting for backup to see fi they could get into that shipment and get some supplies for themselves. With her stealth systems in place, Shadowstar flies out from an alley just as the train is passing and transforms before lightly floating down to land on the back of the train. She tries to peek inside through the rear door if there is one available, and if not she climbs up to the top of the train and stealthily moves forward, trying to see what each car contains. She is pretty good at moving quietly, but there might be quiet, unusual clangs or bumps or scraping sounds every now and then. <<I am on board.>> she radios to her comrade.

Quantum has posed:
    Their is a rear door, however it does not have any windows and is locked tight. Either hacking or some good firepower would be necessary to get through that, but shooting might derail the thing and destroy the payload before the Cons can even get their hands on any of it. No windows for her to peer into and scans won't penetrate into the interior, so no way to know what exactly is inside until she can -get- inside. There are roof hatches on top of the cars in addition to the rear door she tried earlier, but again they are all locked hard and fast.

    As the train races closer to Tagan Heights' more densely populated areas, the track is bound to start meandering through more and more narrow spaces, meaning riding on the outside of the cars will become rather dangerous quite soon.

    Crusing at high altitudes above the train is Quantum. << Any sign of security personnel or drones yet? Or any idea what's on it? >> he asks upon receiving her comm.

Springer has posed:
    Springer looks up at Hyperdrive and smirks. "This is the job, kid -- most of it. It's not all glorious fights against overwhelming odds. I mean, well, sometimes -- but a lot of the time it's just guarding assets until the Decepticons are dumb enough to make a move on them. Then I introduce them to this." Springer holds up his blaster cannon and gives Hyperdrive a smile. Confident as he is, he's completely unaware of the stealthy Decepticon moving in, the little noise she makes more than overwhelmed by the sound of the train.

Shadowstar has posed:
     Shadowstar vents hotly. <<They have it locked tight. Not even windows or ports. I am going to have to blast a door or hatch to even get a view, and that is going to blow any element of surprise we might have.>> she radios back. She ponders a bit as she moves down to hang on to the back of the train again. No sense in getting her wings clipped by a building. <<I am going to try blowing the lock with my blaster. Maybe low power won't be too flashy and with the noise of the train it might go unnoticed. That...or this will be the shortest infiltration of all time.>> she radios with a huff. She then deploys her twin blaster, turned down to just about as low as it will go. "...here goes nothing..." she mutters before firing the purple beams in a steady stream, trying to cut through the lock quietly.

Hyperdrive has posed:
Hyperdrive acks as some of the shaking makes him lose his stance. He remains standing and he glances over at Springer and gives him a grin. "Not really into the shootin of cons or anythin anyway so nice borin guard duty is probably gonna be my fate in life unless I find somethin I'm really good at." He opens his hand to show off a small bit or ordinance, "I'm not too bad with a gun, not that mine is all that powerful. So far I'm better at pingin the weak spots. And ya don't always need bigger ta be better."

Quantum has posed:
    << Scrap. >> Quantum mutters. << Yeah, why don't you do that. If it's just drones might be able to fool 'em, but if there's any actual personnel you'd probably better prepare for a fight. Let me know if you need backup. >>

    The blast is enough to break the latch on the door, and it sparks and cracks loudly, flying off of the train as it continues to race toward the city. However this will definitely be loud enough to alert Springer and Hyperdrive to her presence. Inside the car she just opened, Shadowstar will find what appears to be a bunch of body parts, but they look new, not scavenged, especially since they're all lined up neatly and packaged with perfect efficiency on several tiers of shelving along each side of the car. Very orderly, too. It very much would remind one of a storage area in a cold construction facility, except on a train.

Springer has posed:
    That's definitely not a normal train noise. Springer suddenly stands, reading his blaster cannon. "Hyperdrive," he orders. "Head's up. I heard something suspicious. I'm going to investigate. Try not to get killed before I get back." With that helpful advice, Springer arms his cannon and heads towards the back of the train, keeping his sensors peeled for any signs of Decepticons (or neutral thieves for that matter).

Hyperdrive has posed:
Hyperdrive acks as the train makes other noises that it shouldn't be. And then Springer gives his wonderful words of encouragement. He turns to the entrances nearest him as Springer goes for the other entrance. Couldn't this have been one of the less exciting duties. He didn't mean to sound that bored.

Shadowstar has posed:
     Shadowstar almost loses her balance as that door explodes off rather than just getting cut! She grumbles at herself. Why does she have to be so good at destroying things?! She slips inside as quickly as she can and returns to sneak mode. Her lights all dim or go out, and she slides to the front of the car near the next door. Anyone who comes in is going to quickly notice that there is no longer a back door, and what little hope for surprise that remains will be gone unless she can somehow disable the guard. <<Still no enemy contact, but there is no way they didn't notice that. If a guard appears, I will have to ambush them.>> she radios to her nearby comrades. <<Unless anyone else has a better idea.>> she adds as she slips into the shadows by the shelves, blasters ready.

Skywolf (94) has posed:
While patrolling in the skies near Tarn, Skywolf recieves a communication from Decepticon High Command regarding the call for a backup is registered at Tagan Heights. And he replies back that, "I will be heading at Tagan Heights!". Skywolf makes his way to the location for inspecting the issues.

Quantum has posed:
    Shadowstar can probably hear Springer approaching the car she's in even if she can't see him yet as he approaches the source of the sound she made. He definitely looks like one of the Bots' more elite soldiers, making it even more likely that there is something important about this shipment.

    Quantum remains monitoring the situation from above, awaiting a signal to engaged if needed. The train has entered the city now, and starts to enter a tunnel through a large air traffic control tower.

Springer has posed:
    Springer notices the outer door is gone, and quickly scans the rear car for any signs of Decepticons. Not spotting the darkened Shadowstar at first, he walks right past her, making a beeline for the missing door. Holding his cannon in one hand and the doorjamb in the other, Springer leans way out of the back of the train, looking in all directions for a potential Decepticon ambush, not suspecting that the real target is behind him.

Hyperdrive has posed:
Hyperdrive is becoming a bit more nervous as his systems indicate there's a bit more going on then just a little noise in the back. But Springer is one of those larger than life Autobots that always comes back from the fight with stories and dents. So he's not really worried about Springer. He himself however isn't used to using weapons in an offensive fashion. So he continues to hold his position and looks at the stuff he's protecting, hoping its going to be worth it if anyone gets hurt.

Shadowstar has posed:
     Shadowstar waits. And just as planned the first guard heads for the door! She loves it when a plan comes together. As Springer is looking for trouble outside, trouble slips in behind him. With a running start, Shadowstar leaps from the decking and aims a kick right at the aft of the elite Autobot. She can already see the look on his face as he flies out, seeing her glowing purple optics and her grin as he bounces off the tracks! Hopefully reality will match her imaginings fairly well...

Skywolf (94) has posed:
Skywolf notices a Train wildly moving on railtracks through main sector of the City, while he tries to land on the roof quitely and heads towards shipment. After few wagons, some noise is coming from last cars. Skywolf heads towards the end and sees that an Autobots is thrown out of the car and fallen on the ground. He enters inside the car to check what is going on over there.

Springer has posed:
    Springer detects moment and starts to turn too late to keep him from literally having his aft kicked by Shadowstar. Springer twists in the air to see who kicked him, and sure enough the last thing he sees are Shadowstar's glowing purple optics before he hits the ground hard, bouncing and rolling roughly along the maglev guideway. Cursing and realizing he's left Hyperdrive alone, Springer tries to transform - realizing too late that he's damaged something near his transformation cog, trapping him in root mode. Quickly he calls for backup, grumbling as he painfully climbs to his feet and watches the train disappear quickly in the distance.

Hyperdrive has posed:
Hyperdrive frowns as he realizes that what was a routine run with a higher level bot and rookie as team just became a solo mission. He moves himself so that he can watch the cargo and the doors. One hand goes to the cargo and he gives it a quick scan, trying to get its relative size and mass and start the computations so he can properly protect it. The other hand readys to attack if he needs to.

Quantum has posed:
    If Hyperdrive is going to try to protect any of the cargo, he should probably focus on the cold storage unit near the front of the transport because that's where the frozen sparks are--those are the ones that can't be replaced, unlike the body parts on the rest of the freighter.

    Fortunately for Springer, he happened to fall off of the train while it was passing through the air traffic control tower, and instead of falling through several tiers potentially into the Undergrid, he just gets left behind in the tunnel.

    Quantum watches as the train enters the tunnel, but realizes it's too narrow for him to follow. He could wait on the other side, but it seems Shadowstar already has backup. Besides, he's fast enough that if something happens, he can return fairly quickly. << I'm pulling out and heading back to the Tesarus front. Sounds like you've got this well in hand anyway. >>

Shadowstar has posed:
     Shadowstar lets out a taunting laugh as Springer bounces away. She even blows him a kiss before she turns to head deeper into the train. As Skywolf joins her Shadowstar blinks, then grins. "Well, we should be able to handle whoever we come across now. Would you mind scouting ahead? I'll keep us covered. That open door is basically an invitation for any enemy reinforcements to move in behind us."

Skywolf (94) has posed:
As Skywolf enters inside the last car of a fast moving train, he notices some unknown mech who is in a shock of dispair. He makes his way to the back of car where the cargo is stored, but it was guarded by some Autobot that he dont recognize and get ready to fire at full force while pointing away from shipments. As the train goes inside the tunnel, the entire wagon is covered in black out. While Skywolf still moves ahead to get a closer look at the cargo in storage unit up front.

Hyperdrive has posed:
Hyperdrive isn't thrilled with frozen sparks helping to aid the autobots as ready soldiers, he isn't into the idea of them becoming Cons either. Why can't they get a chance to choose for themeselves. Sighing, he stays toward the front, optics trained and ready though a small part of him wishes he was back at base juggling for Hot Rod or Swivel instead of doing this. The pitch darkness that envelopes him causes him to tighten his grip on the small item in his hand. He mentally counts the seconds, waiting for the light to return.

Shadowstar has posed:
     Shadowstar continues forward, keeping Skywolf in front of her now. Why would she risk her own finish when she can risk someone else's? "I doubt that was the only guard. Keep your optics active." she says as they move forward. She takes note of what each car contains as they move forward, but as they haven't encountered other guards or drones she figures there must be something better further in. "Push ahead! We don't have all cycle!" she says as they near Hyperdrive. He might even be able to see them since they aren't sneaking this time.

Skywolf (94) has posed:
The cargo contains some valuable items such as frozen sparks with sealed locks. On the other side it have replacement parts, ammunitions, and epuipable weapons. But the most expensive containers are ahead, which stores some gallons of energon. Skywolf communicates back that, "The cargo contains something that we need a lot, energon. Do we need something other than that importantly!". While the train passes through tunnel it lightens up the car a bit, with that Skywolf sees an Autobot holding some items tightly.

Hyperdrive has posed:
Hyperdrive frowns as he hears the voices. He calls out to the cons. "You are unlawefully boarding this train. Please leave or I will be forced to open fire!" WHy couldn't the jerk bots have gotten stuck with this run.

Shadowstar has posed:
     Shadowstar, still using Skywolf as cover, grins at Hyperdrive. "Surrender and we won't have to scrap you and toss you out with your friend! I'm sure he's alerted you to what happened to him. He was so easy to deal with. But, if you want to add your spark to these other helpful items we'll be taking back to Kaon, I won't complain!" She doesn't attack yet, but does step a bit more into the open and displays her weapons. The twin-barreled blaster on her right arm, and her four wings sporting a multitude of micro-missile launchers. Sure, it would be foolish to use those in a train, but it still looks good during a threat, right?

Skywolf (94) has posed:
Skywolf takes some steps back, and aims at the Bot. But could not fire because of being him near the energon containers. Skywolf suggest to Autobot that, "Better start running, and keep the items down you are holding as it is!".

Hyperdrive has posed:
Hyperdrive grins a little at the cons. "I'd much rather discuss this over some nice energon at a bar somewhere, but unfortunately I'm on duty and that duty is ta protect this at all cost and unfortunately I was hopin that would just mean standin here boredly and all but you guys had ta show up and now I'm gonna have ta use my weapons on ya and that really is gonna make things alot more miserable than they were supposed ta be but anyway I hope you guys brought yer shades...." And at the end of that nice long drawn out spiel, Hyperdrive throws the small object in his hand at the offending cons.

Shadowstar has posed:
     There's a flash and then suddenly...Shadowstar is blind! Not completely, but there are sparks and flashes all over her vision that make it hard to aim. "Gah! What was that, you Autobrat?!" she exclaims before leveling her blaster as best she can. "Alright, we gave you a chance to leave. Now eat plasma!" She steps out of cover to try and get the best shot, then a pair of purple plasma beams lance out at Hyperdrive. Or maybe at the wall. Probably the wall. But she's aiming for Hyperdrive!

Skywolf (94) has posed:
With avoiding any more contact from Autobot, Skywolf goes for the cover while managing his optics. But could not see through directly, and says "You have just made the biggest mistake of your life, now I am going to bring the misery on you. May be my optics are blurry, my hands would be enough for the assualt that I am going to bestowe upon you!".

Hyperdrive has posed:
Hyperdrive yelps as he is shot. This is the first time he's ever been shot and while he would have laughed at Shadowstar shooting herself, he's too busy realizing that being shot REALLY sucks. "Hey idiots! There's fragile stuff all around, stop shootin! Especially me!" He raises a hand and an odd turret can be seen that suddenly discharges energy at Skywolf.

Shadowstar has posed:
     Shadowstar fires! And...promptly starts hopping around as her foot smolders from the plasma blast. "Gah! Shooting me in the foot! How cowardly, even for an Autobot! I hope you have written your final testament!" she exclaims as she fires again. She notices an electric sound and ducks instinctively, then blinks and looks around. "Skywolf? Are you alright?"

Skywolf (94) has posed:
While taking some hits, Skywolf goes for some more firepower against the Autobot. He manages to load a huge cannon on his shoulders and takes an aim towards the target. Skywolf now doesn't care about the cargo, but is being stunned due to the attack he received. Still stands back up and starts firing at all wills.

Hyperdrive has posed:
Hyperdrive is shot yet again after he manages to stun at least one of his opponents. This is where Springer would have been so much more helpful. Triple changer...hah. Having a third form is only useful when it works! Unfortunately he's getting hisself shot up and he needs to protect the cargo. Especially the sparks. So he decides to switch tactics. Concentrating a moment, the air shimmers around Hyperdrive and the sparks. "I've called for backup and yer both wounded already. Retreat and we can be dance partners another day. If the other bots show up first, we might not get that chance."

Shadowstar has posed:
     Still seeing stars and flashes and sparks, Shadowstar huffs at Hyperdrive. "Even if we did retreat, do you think we would leave this supply train standing when we left? Why don't -you- back down and we can all go home alive! Your friends won't get here in time to save you!" She is still brandishing those missile-studded wings, but hasn't fired them. At least it seems she doesn't want to destroy the items if she can capture them. Still blind as a batbot, she keeps firing. She doesn't have any idea if her last few shots have hit Hyperdrive, but she isn't one to give up!

Skywolf (94) has posed:
As Skywolf not being able to attack because of being stunned, but still tries to stand up on his feets. And yet again brings his cannon up on his shoulders to fire at the target. Due to being stunned may be Skywolf not be able to fire a shot but will try for sure.

Hyperdrive has posed:
Hyperdrive isn't designed to do tons of damage. But he can make it so he can protect himself and those around him. He tries to stand a little taller and glares at the cons. "Yer darn near incapacitated and my back up is nearly here. Leave and ya'll can fight another day. But I am NOT giving you this cargo!" He sees that Skywolf keeps trying to bring a cannon into pla and looks at Shadowstar, "And you might want to drag yer friend outta here cause if he has HIS way, we're all gonna be blown up. Me, you, him and these innocent sparks."

Shadowstar has posed:
     Shadowstar is just about fed up, but she can't admit defeat! She really can't even tell that Skywolf is stunned! She just keeps firing, but -is- starting to back away in case a tactical advance to the rear front is called for. "I already told you, we aren't leaving without either taking those sparks, or blowing this train off the tracks!" She doesn't sound as sure of herself as before, though. Probably from being blind and stumbling around in the dark shooting at who knows what. It's a miracle she didn't hit Skywolf! With her vision still mostly useless, Shadowstar takes aim and powers her blaster up to full. Maybe she can end this quickly and call in backup of her own to loot the train!

Skywolf (94) has posed:
Due to being incapacitated, Skywolf could not able to bring any firepower. He will do anything for that cargo to be captured. Skywolf will not run empty handed, or will explode the entire train.

Hyperdrive has posed:
Hyperdrive glares, "And I can't just give you these sparks, Yer runnin outta time decepticon. My teammates will be here shortly. You can't hit the broad side of the barn. Yer gonna be easy pickins fer the autobots. The smart thing would be ta retreat!" He doesn't dare do anything to endanger the sparks further.

Shadowstar has posed:
     Shadowstar growls as she realizes that the little 'Bot is right. But, she isn't going to tell him that! Still, she takes ahold of Skywolf and starts trying to pull him toward the back of the train while still firing at Hyperdrive. "Skywolf! What happened? Are you alright?" she asks, her vision still terrible but she's able to tell that the mech is having trouble moving.

Skywolf (94) has posed:
Still not being able gain any focus, Skywolf is struggling to stand on his feets. And starts moving towards the Autobot in form of unconsiousness to do something to break the shield. As its the only thing that is holding the cargo this long.

Hyperdrive has posed:
Hyperdrive glares, "Oh come on now....Yer makin this alot harder than it has ta be. Tell em that Prime was on here or some stupid thing if ya have ta. But Its gotta be better than dealin with the rest of the bots. He brings out another orb in his hand, looking to possibly use it against skywolf.

Shadowstar has posed:
     "Perhaps." Shadowstar says, though lets Skywolf continue forward if he wishes. "But, fleeing is bad form! Decepticons fight for victory! And you seem to be out of tricks! If we can get that shield down...it is a shield, right?" She squints, trying to see clearly. "Yes, shield! If we can get that down, you will be a sitting cyberduck!"

Skywolf (94) has posed:
Skywolf replies to Shadowstar that, "I am not able to move, but we can still manage to capture the cargo. Hyperdrive is low on strength, we can definately put him down for sure!" while struggling to stand up again. Tries to shake himself up for getting some energy in his body. Skywolf will not retreat from any one.

Hyperdrive has posed:
Hyperdrive rolls his optics, "It's not a shield...its just the shine of my awesomeness. And don't make me brighten your outlook on life again or you'll need Seeing eye turborats to navigate back ta er base. We're at an impasse. Yer injured and I have backup coming!"

Shadowstar has posed:
     With her energy reserves running low and her vision apparently not clearing, Shadowstar huffs. "I tire of this! Skywolf, if you wish to stay then that is up to you, but I think we should head back to base. We are not going to get any support this deep outside of our territory, and I will have trouble making it back as it is!" She then looks toward (well, mostly toward) Hyperdrive. "Do not think you have won! I am quite confident that my friend here will destroy this train before he pulls back." she says, then starts for the back of the train. "I hope a few forced soldiers are worth your trouble! I wonder if -they- will thank you for protecting them so that they may be forced into lives they do not want!" she calls before she is out of earshot and exiting the train.

Skywolf (94) has posed:
Finally the train is out of tunnel now, might the fresh air will bring Skywolf to some senses. Skywolf tries to get some breath into his body, so that the effects can lose a bit. But still not able to do any attacks, takes a container from the storage and throws at Hyperdrive to make some distraction.

Hyperdrive has posed:
Hyperdrive says, "As if yer side would do anythin different ta them. At least if they join the bots and decide later ta bot be a part of the team they don't have to worry about being killed. This is my first mission and I'm not gonna fail them. At least not if I can help it."

Skywolf (94) has posed:
As Skywolf get some momentarily distraction, he tries to do some attack after not being able to anything for so long. The effects are gone, and Skywolf is ready than ever. He again sets up the cannon and fires at Hyperdrive with full throttle.

Hyperdrive has posed:
Hyperdrive's forcefield deflects the blast rather than absorbing it. The train rocks and there's an additional hole in the train car. "Con! LEave now! Help yer friend get home. whatever works best for you guys. But I'm not giving up the cargo!"

Skywolf (94) has posed:
Skywolf tries to shake of the effects and gained some focus. He bring some old tricks off his sleeves for capturing the cargo at all cost. Skywolf initiates an other attack to make Hyperdrive pay.

Hyperdrive has posed:
Hyperdrive winces as his forcefield continues to protect himself and the cargo. "Look decepticon, yer not in good shape. Retreat and then you can play with some bots that play fair next time."

Skywolf (94) has posed:
All attacks of Skywolf are going uesless, so he tries to do something who have never thought about. Skywolf transforms and unloads some barrage of shots at the Hyperdrive to make his shield break.

Hyperdrive has posed:
Hyperdrive pushes some boxes in front of Skywolf to absorb the worst of his attack. "Are you out of your mind?! That's it...I don't care if the bots DO get ya now. Yer obviously defective in the head or somethin! Logic processor shot or somethin." He talks into his radio, "Yeah last car, there's a tetrajet and there was another one here too but I think that one decided ta leave."

Skywolf (94) has posed:
Rather than that, Skywolf tries bring new tricks so that he can blast something. And he loads some missiles and aims at the target. Skywolf fires some missiles at the Hyperdrive's shield.

Hyperdrive has posed:
Hyperdrive braces the forcefield once again. He's getting less chatty and his optics are slightly dimmer but he appears determined to guard his spot. He raises a weapon at SKywolf, "Just leave....please." He glances at the hole, hoping to see signs of them arriving at their final destination or of the bots that should be joining them.

Skywolf (94) has posed:
Every attacks are being obsorbed by the shield, Skywolf dont know how much of damage it can take. Now he tries for his final attack and leave the train for sure before it reaches the destination.

Hyperdrive has posed:
Hyperdrive manages to not die on his first mission. He sees the missiles go awry and end up striking the con. As the train continues on, he keeps the shield up until his autobot comrades appear and he drops to the ground, totally spent. At least no one died.