415/Monster Hunt II

From Transformers: The Dark Eras MUSH Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search
Monster Hunt II
Date of Scene: 26 October 2017
Location: Pancontinental Expy
Synopsis: Mini Autobots work together to track the nest of the rift monsters - but their efforts are obstructed by wily Shadowstar.
Cast of Characters: Swivel, Folly, 101, Hyperdrive, 104


Swivel has posed:
PHASE I

    The mission to eradicate the nest had two parts. First, was to lure the monsters out of hiding. And the only way to lure them was with psychosonorum. As a limited and unpredictable resource, the next best thing was someone who had been exposed to it recently. That left very few options. Once again, it fell to Cadet Swivel to act as bait, although this time with more foreplanning and protection. And so she had been lowered from a chopper to a safe distance from the ground until the screeching, tunnelling monsters popped out. That was when a ground crew, armed with dartguns meant to leave tracers on the critters, did their part. Once sufficient monsters were tagged, and Swivel safely pulled out of their reach, it was time to withdraw in preparation for Phase II.

    The Pits Stop had been repurposed as a makeshift base for the Autobots. Since it was closed until the monsters were neutralized, it didn't take much to convince the manager to allow this. There, operations techs were watching monitors that tracked the movements of the monsters. Where they clustered were determined likely nesting spots - which happened to be in some sort of underground cavern beneath the oilfields. It was a tight fit, but an opening was found and a team of brave Autobots were to cautiously enter the tunnel, find the monsters, capture a few specimen, and then try to eliminate the rest.
    That was Team A. Team A were equipped with handheld sensor devices that could detect psychosonorum. Unfortunately, to make them portable, sensitivity suffered and they only detected the substance once it reached near-critical saturation - which did not give much warning. The handheld sensors also had trackers in them, transmitting their position to a nearby relay.
    Team B remained miles away at the Pits Stop, where they tracked Team A's movements and that of the monsters they managed to tag. Team B was also responsible for communications between all teams. Lastly, they also included the field medic and limited supplies necessary for quick repairs.

    Swivel fidgeted uneasily as she watched the monitors. Further exposure to psychosonorum was too risky to her health, and so she wasn't able to assist in the tunnel. However, one of Swivel's strengths was subterranean navigation - which made her conflicted about staying back. She could be so useful on Team A, but she was also a liability if any Psychosonorum lingered still. Thus she remained on Team B, away from the danger. <<Aight folks. G'luck down there.>>

Shadowstar (101) has posed:
     And then there is Team D! For Decepticon! But, this is not a seek and destroy mission, it is a quiet recon that has been going on pretty much since the Autobots set up base. A large ground transport had fallen off the Expy, and apparently there was some problem with the clean up because it hadn't been moved yet. It certainly looked like it belonged to someone who couldn't pay for repairs or perhaps even wrecking. The paint job was flaking away and there was visible rust on it.

     But this was just a disguise! Among others, Shadowstar had been using it to watch the Autobots, and it is now obvious they are making ready for an expedition! Using the hatch on the opposite side from the Pits Stop, Shadowstar slips out and engages her sneaking protocols. There were apparently no other Decepticons available on such short notice, so she has resolved to try and shadow Team A on their way down. Her plan? Snag one of the creatures and if possible prevent the Autobots from getting one. Of course...she'll have to crawl in those tunnels and won't be able to fly at all. But, this is a high priority mission and she is determined not to fail!

Slingshot (104) has posed:
Slingshot hated this. First off, he was away from his team, and while he constantly complains about them, he did feel safest with them around. And even with Silverbolt being afraid to fly...they weren't flying. And a big mech with stunning capabilities is something he really really wish he had. Top it all off, Swivel had assigned him to be in team A. Away from her. The bot who he had, silently, agreed to protect. His thoughts had him twitching anxiously, wings flicking and optics constantly scanning around. <<How ya holdin' up doll?>>

Hyperdrive has posed:
Hyperdrive joined the adventure. WHy? BEcause Swivel was part of it and two, he's to keep her from being exposed to anymore of the creepy stuff. Now wether he's officially supposed to be doing that or unofficially tasked himself with that, only he and his superiors know....or don't know if in fact he's just tagged along with Swivel. Which is a distinct possibility. He glances around with some fascination. <<I'll bring ya back some souveniors!>>

Folly has posed:
The dartgun that Folly now holds wasn't the one issued to her to 'eliminate the scraplets', but it was the first weapon she had picked up in quite a while. Nobody can really explain how she got it to begin with, and she hasn't said. The entire idea of her holding a blaster just seemed so foreign in her hands, and its not just the fact that she's accidentally shot tracers upon most of her crew, a few rocks, and the landing hovercopter (so perhaps its for the best she hasn't a live weapon). She's a small Autobot, mostly clad in red, with some orange and yellow. Her frame resembles wearing a dress with frills made out of the gold rings used in her alt-mode. Of other note is that one of her eyes is improperly calibrated and sized clearly larger than the other, giving her a rather O.o look at everything. Small, mild-mannered, and with more than a touch of social anxiety, Folly was chosen to join this mission....

Clearly due to her size and not her skill.

She harumphs softly, shifting in her feet, her hands clutched together, "Ah.......I am not sure what I am supposed to do...but I am sure that I do not enjoy this very much right now." Hedging her bets, she looks to the ground, adding, "Unless you two are..."

Swivel has posed:
    The descent into the dark forboding tunnel was started. Team A was appropriately made of smaller frames, which allowed them the mobility needed. It became especially necessary as the tunnel narrowed at one point, forcing even the minibots to continue single file. Taller shadowing Decepticons will have to duck a little and perhaps shimmy sideways past this neck. The natural light from outside begins to fade after this point, making the necessity for the team to produce their own lighting.

     Back at the Pits Stop, Swivel pats one of the techs on the shoulder, rubbing where a stray tracer dart hit him. Together they continue to watch the grainy monitors. <<Signals are still reaching us, but there's some lagging. Troubleshooting now.>> reports one of the techs.
     Swivel lazes back and lets them work on the equipment, since she is not a technician herself. She looks at the roster of the team. <<'Yperdroive, no souvenirs necessary. But do try notter bring down the cavern on top y'all. Flash is okay, but a bit useless since I think they are blind. But bang I'd be worried 'bout. And Slingshot, I'm foin. It's comfy 'ere. I'm confident you lot will get out of there with the proize.>> She glances at Folly's names and hmms, being less familiar with the femme. <<Folly, is it? Try notter shoot yer teammates. Unless 'Yperdroive really deserves it.>> Swivel isn't leader material, but she did have the advantage of familiarity with these monsters, which gave her insight to at least consult, if not lead, on the mission.

Slingshot (104) has posed:
Dark. Tight. Dark. And Tight. And dark and tight. A brief moment of panic overtook him once the natural light stopped illuminating their path. Only a moment, long enough for a quick, anxious flutter of wings. But he was okay, he wasn't alone. Two other...minibots. Oh primus he was the best one out of the three. Why did Swivel send him on the ground team? Why couldn't he be back protecting her? In a safe and comfy place?

<<Glad yer safe....Ah...So, I never did thank ya for the sweets. Or...rather the sours. I'm not to fond of sweets. They tend to sit weird in my tanks. Heh...I think Fireflight got into what was left. Bunch of 'em had bites taken out of 'em.>> Yes, he was talking, but talking was better than letting his mind wander to the fact that he was how far underground? Far enough that it was highly possible that, were the cavern to collapse...Okay, don't think about that. <<Oi...pickin' up anythin'? Getting a bit...itchy...>>

Folly has posed:
<<Oh. I'm not certain who that is, but I am sure that nobody here deserves it.>> A new tracker appears on Swivel's radar about 6 yalms from Folly's position. The cave and tunnel were very disconcerting overall, light wasn't nearly as prolific as she had liked, but that was just how it was going to be. "Ahhm....hmmmm..." She fidgets, in the middle of the group, "I don't think I understand our leader very well." The mini Femme says little more on that topic of Swivel's nigh-incomprehensible accent, choosing instead to send her dartgun into subspace, swapping it out for her astrolabe. Its a small globe-like instrument that analyzes and reveals energy signatures in the nearby area, one of the tools of eneraetherology. At the very least, it would shed some much-needed light. While a flashlight would be better overall, she hadn't had time to ASK the flashlight if thats what it WANTED to do, and it'd be rude to just presume. "Ah...sorry." She says for no real reason, gingerly looking around, maintaining single file, and occasionally checking her energy sensor.

Hyperdrive has posed:
Hyperdrive grins and continues walking, his optics scanning the area. <<Hey I heard that! No shootin me even if I do deserve it. And I know about not making too much bang with the flashbangs. But noise DID seem to bother them. If I adjust the mix a little, I should be able to remove some of the concussive force but keep the noise. But I think I'd rather stun them than see how good the teams's audios are."

Shadowstar (101) has posed:
     Darkness is a friend of Shadowstar's...but not underground. If this wasn't an important mission she would not even be attempting it! She can hardly move in here, and will be a sitting duck if any creatures pop out around her. She is starting to wonder if the risk is worth it. She did see what happened to that minibot back at the first attack, and even though she is somewhat secure in the thought that the creatures might not attack her since she has not been exposed to the psychosonorum it is still very disconcerting down here.

     And it is possible as Folly brings out that energy scanner that she might notice a blip every now and then from -behind- the group. And, is the light from the surface already gone? Are they that deep already? Of course Shadowstar can't risk using a light herself. That would completely give away her presence.

Swivel has posed:
    <<Glad y'loiked the sours a'least.>> Swivel chirps on the radio to Slingshot. <<'N 'Yperdroive, jus'... use caution.>>

    The tunnel had split twice, and each time, the techs had told them which way to turn. But at the third junction, there was an uncertain pause. <<Curses! We've lost all your signals.>> The radio transmission sounds out to the noise of something being whacked. Because that is a sophisticated repair method. Whacking a monitor. After a moment, the tech comes onto the comms again. They are rife with static, but not inaudible. <<Their last known location, and suspected nest, was likely in a cavern. Minimal traces of energy fluxuations were detected by our deep scans - WHEN THEY WERE WORKING!>> Another noise of someone hitting something is cut off abruptly.
     The comms come back on, and there's some cursing that can be heard in the background as Swivel speaks <<Aaaaaand.... now it's up t'ya ter find th'way. Luckily, radios still work.>> Folly begins to pick up a new signature on their scan, making the left tunnel seem the better choice. <<If my mem'ry serves, there's only one more junction b'fore the signal cluster of 'em monsters.>>

Slingshot (104) has posed:
<<And my thankfulness just ran dry...>> He muttered softly, trying his hardest to surpress the flare of anxiety. They were blind. Which meant that, in truth, they could be surrounded. Well, not really, the new...medic? Yeah, timid thing, she had a sensor thing...Why had he agreed to do this again? "So...Hyperdrive...right? How long've you known Swivel?"

Folly has posed:
Folly whispers quietly, "Are we supposed to meet 'Hiyoperdroieve' down here? This doesn't seem like a good place to meet people." She shifts her feet again, "I would rather not be here either." Her fear takes a backseat for a moment as she looks at her astrolabe. Without saying a word, she moves her hand from left to right, then back, repeating the motion a few times. "Oh, this is interesting." Folly pauses at the intersection, and proceeds to take a few moments to analyze the energy. "Yes, I think its saying something. Oh this is interesting indeed." The little dials and rings shift as she tries to interpret the energy signal. After two minutes, she nods her head conclusively, "Yes, I see. Ah....its saying something. There's no real...ah....word for it except maybe like this." Folly opens up her free hand, mimicking a mouth. The hand/mouth makes a biting motion, and perhaps a bit deadpan Folly simply says "chomp...." while motioning to the left tunnel.

Hyperdrive has posed:
Hyperdrive smiles as the darkness doesn't terribly bother him. He's kinda used to working with a darker spectrum of light with his optics and shields. "Ummmm I think I've known her three weeks...maybe longer. She was one of the first ta be nice ta me and all. Its nice ta have someone ta talk ta that you can look in the optics."

Folly has posed:
Folly says cautiously, "It'd be nice of someone spoke to me at all...."

Shadowstar (101) has posed:
     Shadowstar blinks in surprise as she loses track of one of the Autobots. Slag...that could be a problem. She could wander right onto the hidden 'Bot and not know it! But, there's no helping it. Shadowstar continues forward, following the little bots as they makes their way left. She keeps pretty far back, since she is certain she accidentally knock a rock loose or something, and if she is far enough back then it can easily be dismissed as cavern instability. Or make the bots paranoid, which could work in her favor as well.

     Hopefully when they make it to the larger cavern she will be able to stretch her wings a bit.

Swivel has posed:
    The narrow tunnel to the left eventually opens up into a wide, but low ceilinged cavern. Most of it is pitch black, other than a weak shaft of light of undeterminable source leaking through a hole in the distance. Parts of the ground are littered with piles of metal filings and chunks - likely wasted from the monsters' digging and devouring. Many tiny holes line the natural walls of the cavern. There seem to be some lodestone creating a weak magnetic field - but nothing hazardous to Cybertronians. However, there is one corner which looks too sculpted, with a metal wall rising perpendicular from the ground. It may be the outer wall of a long abandoned bunker, but it is hard to tell at this point.

     Lying in a huddle are roughly 8 or 9 of the sought after monsters. One of the creatures lifts its head, then rises up onto just its hind haunches, emitting a raspy, rattling noise. Instantly, the others also begin to lift their heads, albeit with some lethargy. The alert one arches its back, facing the assembled minibots, and lets out a piercing screech.

Slingshot (104) has posed:
"Three weeks...About a week for me I think. Don't know, was out for a bit of it...She was nice t'me to...Like that about 'er. She don't get ma-" He cuts himself off as the enter the cavern. Love. Ly. Wait. "Oi, where'd that femme medic go? Weren't she right behind m-?" Ha.../yay/. More of those.../things/ to fight. Or rather, 'tag' why did they have to tag them? Why couldn't they just kill? <<So...yer little.../bugs/ are awake and...I think glarin' at us. They're making screechin' sounds like before so...uh...w-we dart 'em and run...r-right?>> Was that a tremble? He'd deny it till the day he died....Which might be very soon.

Hyperdrive has posed:
Hyperdrive sees the critters, "Ummmm yeah they look friendly...or hungry. Guess its hard to tell the difference." He smiles at Slingshot until he loses sight of Folly, "Wasn't there three of us?"

Shadowstar (101) has posed:
     Shadowstar grins as they find the creature's nest. Or at least one of them. As the creatures take notice of the smaller bots Shadowstar moves in closer, her weapons powering up in the process. She looks at the weapons that the Autobots brought. Dart guns. How clever! She might have to 'borrow' one of those. Or just let the bots dart a few and then move in for the kill herself. She waits for now, though. Firing first in a situation like this is never wise.

Swivel has posed:
    <<Roight, sorry, no, tagging's been done. Wot we need now is fer you to kill wot ye kin...>> Swivel shuddered at this, since even for mech-eating critters it seemed barbaric, <<..and bring back their bodies. Bonus if ye kin trap one aloive 'n bring it back ter the Pits Stop. We've got a transport ready ter 'old 'em. 'Yperdroive, that square device with the button in th'middle we gave ya? Press the button ter unfold an energy cage ter transport any loive ones in.>> Swivel pauses a moment. <<They dun loik loud noises despite usin' 'em themselves. Weird, roight? Good luck folk, 'n dun die.>>

     Are the creatures hungry? Maybe not. While one of them charges at Hyperdrive, the others seem to scramble away from the minobots. The one doing the charging, screeches before it attempts to nip at Hyperdrive's leg with its many many many teeth.

Hyperdrive has posed:
Hyperdrive EEEEKS! as his optics just catch the glint of light on the critter's frame as he goes after his feet. The small mech neatly leaps into the air and unfolds the cage that Swivel gave to him. Flipping around, and very much glad of the opened up cavern, he brings the cage underneath him so that he's in a sitting position on top of it when it comes down on the monster. Now to hope his aim is true. "Watch the feet!" <<yeah they're hungry!>>

Shadowstar (101) has posed:
     Only one attacked? Some sort of guardian? This shows more advanced intelligence than Shadowstar thought these creatures had. But, part of the mission is to get these creatures under control by either capturing or eliminating them. And with Hyperdrive and his friends trying to capture one alive, she figures she can eliminate the others. So, Shadowstar makes her move. Still near the entrance to the cavern, she slips out of the shadows and unleashes her micro-missiles. A barrage of explosions fills the cavern, centered on the fleeing creatures. If Hyperdrive wasn't here she might try to convince the minibots that she was their reiniforcements, but since he would recognize her Shadowstar instead goes for the threat option.

     "Autobots! Hand over that creature or I will bring this cavern down on all of you!" she shouts to them, her wings already loading up another round of missiles.

Swivel has posed:
    BINGO! The trap works just great. Energy fields form arond the somewhat confused critter, containing it. It tries to run out, only to whack its blunted, cylindrical head against the energy field. The field emitter button can be pressed to release it - and low and behold, a small handle pops out for convenience of carrying! How nice. This was going well...
    ...Or not. Even with just the power of the micro-missiles, the caverns shake somewhat, causing loosened debris to tumble down the walls - or at least, that is what is happening from the sounds of things. The explosions cause the creatures to screech and dart around in a chaotic fashion - except for one whose entire front end was blown off. In the limited light it looks as if... is one of them eating its fallen kin? It's hard to see... But that is the least of anyone's worries - or Shadowstar's at any rate. From the darkness one of the creatures leaps at Shadowstar while she makes her demands, powerful claws flailing. There is the sound of continued fighting going on in the caverns as well...

Hyperdrive has posed:
Hyperdrive isn't really wanting to help the con but he really needs to get his hands free. He looks to hand off his catch to his compatriots and get them running. "Hey con...you want a critter of yer own?" He grins wickedly and suddenly darts forward and goes to punt one of them directly at Shadowstar.

Shadowstar (101) has posed:
     Shadowstar twirls out of the way of the attacking Rift Monster, then blinks and leans back quickly when Hyperdrive kicks one at her and it goes sailing over her. "Hah! Nice try!" she says, then takes aim at the creature that was kicked at her. She figures it will be at least somewhat stunned, and if so she hopes she can disable its legs with a well placed shot from her double-blaster. It might be her only chance, since Hyperdrive is trying to pass off his captured creature off to his fellow minibots. She can always blast their containment unit on the way out, she figures.

Swivel has posed:
    <<Oy, I need an update. Folk got real quiet alla sudden.>> Swivel has no idea whether the collection process is going well. She certainly is blind to the fact that there is a Decepticon down there. Which would not exactly surprise her.

    The unfortunate critter that Hyperdrive kicks screeches as it sails through the air towards Shadowstar. It lands against the nearby wall, stunned. And thus it doesn't have much time to get out of the way when Shadowstar shoots off its les - all it can do si squeal.
    In the cover of darkness, one of the other members of Team A seems to have managed to grab the live specimen, though it's hard to tell who.
    But the monsters are not quite down and out. More lurk in the darkness. There are some screeches with intermittent rattling noises. From the darkness, a pair of them lung at Shadowstar, while a third tries to throw itself at Hyperdrive.

Hyperdrive has posed:
Hyperdrive is finding these little monsters to be beyong annoying. He acks as they come at his from multiple directions. He frowns, "Come on guys, get going back up." He stands guard and stares, a forcefield blocks the ruckus attack. He drops the field and fires off a few shots, hoping to disable more of them so they can escape.

Shadowstar (101) has posed:
     Shadowstar twirls gracefully, like a dancer, and manages to avoid both of the creatures after her. She grabs her disabled target just behind the head and makes for the exit. "Good luck, Autobrats!" she calls before she fires another round of missiles. This time she tries to focus on weak spots in the cavern as well as Hyperdrive before she dives into the tunnel they used to get in. Hopefully the map she made coming down can get her out again! And just as hopefully Hyperdrive will be crushed by falling boulders and scrap! Small explosions once again fill the cavern as Shadowstar's cackling fills the air!

Swivel has posed:
    The one that had attacked Hyperdrive and missed is simple enough to stun, since it is close enough to see in the low darkness. It creels and rattles before falling over on its side.
    The creature that Shadowstar had crippled was not entirely incapacitated. Luckily, she grabbed it just behind the head to avoid being bitten. However, she discounted its flexible tail as a viable threat. And maybe it isn't, but it will sure be agitated as it curls it up and snakes it so its opening faces Shadowstar and sprays some sort of nasty waste liquid at her.
     Even so, the cavern shudders in her wake, and the missiles set off a ripple of tremors that can be felt. The noisy rattling and clacking of large chunks falling loose, and the groan of metal bending in shapes its not meant to can be heard all around. From the sounds of things, collapse is imminent.

    The monsters aren't giving up just yet, though. Hyperdrive is again assailed by a vicious little nipper which attempts to latch itself onto his leg.

Hyperdrive has posed:
Hyperdrive is ducking and weaving and finding it really hard to not die. <<There's alot of those things and they're really not happy! Ah crap the con is shooting down here too. My luck we're all gonna die. Swivel tell the two to get their afts up to you. I can guard the retreat but not unless they leave first!" He balls up his fists and swings with all he's got to try and strike a few of those away from the other autobots. And well if they land near the con, that's always a plus. He's using his forcefield to try and protect his two compatriots so at least they aren't getting killed. But this is clearly wearing on him.

Shadowstar (101) has posed:
     As she starts scrambling her way through the exit tunnel...that cursed creature excretes its lubricants on Shadowstar! Right in her face! "Gaaah! You foul piece of scrap! If I did not need you I would crush you with my bare hands!" she exclaims as she moves. Back toward the surface she goes, feeling along the walls now with that gunk making her vision all but useless. She has no idea if there are Autobots ahead or behind her in the tunnels now, but as she moves along she fires behind her occassionally. "Yes! Stay in there and accept your fate, slagheaps!" she says as her purple beams hit behind her. Hopefully she can collapse the tunnel on them, too! It isn't like they would be trapped forever. There was that one shaft of light in there.

Hyperdrive has posed:
Hyperdrive YELPS! as he's struck by Shadowstar. He calls after her. "Yer Lucky I dont wanna see ya eaten!" He is now bleeding from two spots and he hopes that he isn't as tasty as he thinks he might be. <<I think the radio isn't working I'm hopin I'm wrong but you guys need ta be ready fer the others ta get ta yas and I'm hopin ta leave the rest of these critters back here, I might drop the roof on them If a big creepy con comes up that way, someone please shoot her fer me...."

Swivel has posed:
    <<I was 'bout ter ask wot that seismic acti -- 'con? Which 'con? Do ya know 'oo?>> Swivel fidgets a little as the techs get the monitors back online - but a bit too late. <<Nevermoind - tell me 'en ya get 'ere. Aight, Team A, RETREAT!>> Now Swivel feels a little bad for sitting back and munching on energon goodies this whole time. If she were more reckless, she would have transformed and rushed out to the tunnel herself. But she's not. The possibility of a cave in was considered, and Swivel had also arranged some excavators to stay with Team B. They are instructed to get prepared to mobilise as they may be needed.

     The creature Hyperdrive smashed up hits a wall, and some minor fluids, as well as some springs and gears splatter out from busted metal seams. Brutal. Perhaps he isn't aware of his own strength. The attacks seem to come to a lull, but now it's pieces of debris falling around Hyperdrive he needs to be worried about.

     The creature in Shadowstar's grasp continues to wriggle, but it seems to be out of whatever noxious fluid it sprayed her with. For now. In the distance, she can sort of see fuzzy light despite her impaired vision. Is that... the way out?

Shadowstar (101) has posed:
     Which 'Con indeed! Perhaps Swivel can find that out soon for herself! Shadowstar sees light coming from somewhere, and so she heads toward that. "Keep still!" she growls to the creature, though it is more for her own satisfaction than an expectation it will. "It is unfortunate for you that I am indifferent as to whether you are eaten or not! Though you should know, these things do not eat you! They simply dismantle you! I have seen it! I suggest you get out of there unless you want to be a pile of scrap! Or...don't! I care little either way! Hahaha!" Shadowstar shouts back down the tunnel to Hyperdrive.

     She steadily makes her way toward the surface (or at least she hopes it is the surface). "-Someone- will be getting the bill for my detailing work after this..." she grumbles, still dripping with yucky tail gunk.

Hyperdrive has posed:
Hyperdrive is exhausted and he is about to start shooting the other autobots if they don't go running up to the others. He finally throws a modified flashbang behind him. Its nearly all noise, there's some light but its not as bright. They hopefully still have the cage safe and he's so hoping he gets out alive even if he's been shot. Again.

Swivel has posed:
    Tail twitching and flailing, the creature seems to get more and more agitated as it is carried further from its den. It screeches. It creels. It rattles piteously. It tries to whip its tail against Shadowstar. Shadowstar can hear the thrum of engines in the direction she is heading. It sounds like something, or several somethings, likely heavy thins are approaching. But it sound distant enough she might be able to transform and zip off before they arrive. Hopefully, the monster won't piddle inside her altmode.
    <<Roight, gotcher signals noice 'n broight now. 'Yperdroive, th'others are approching th'surface now. Now get yer own cute l'il aft movin' before yer buried. I've got diggers en route in case ya dun make it out, but I'd rather not 'ave ter send 'em in there if I kin 'elp it.>>

Shadowstar (101) has posed:
     Shadowstar grunts and huffs as she wrestles the creature on the way up to the surface. She doesn't bother firing anymore, as she can hardly see anyway and figures those are not Decepticon engines up there. As she is about to emerge from the tunnel Shadowstar transforms before revving her engines up to full and comes rocketing out of the tunnel. She secured the creature as best she could, but she is anxious to get out of range so she can transform back and take hold of it properly again. She isn't sure if she trapped any Autobots or not, or if they made it out with their captured creature, but she doesn't have much time to worry about that. "Thank you for the escort, Autobots! Until next time!"

Hyperdrive has posed:
Hyperdrive follows everyone until they get to the other team. He hopes that someone has a patch kit. He's tired and he really doesn't want to be killed by anyone when he's so close to freedom. <<Swivel....hopefully there's someone big enough ta carry me home.>>

Swivel has posed:
    Swivel had been rolling along in her 'ATV' mode with the excavation crew. There had been no readings of psychosonorum, so she was feeling just a little bit braver. She was not going into any tunnels just in case, since they never pinpointed the source that spewed from the ground last she was here. The rest of Team A had already met them half way, and Swivel sternly instructed them to head to the Pits Stop for patch-up and storing the specimen. And Swivel was not accepting any arguments. She then continued with the excavators to make sure Hyperdrive got out.
     The sight of movement caused her to quicken, anticipating to see fellow Hyperdrive emerge. But... that's not an Autobot. It's... it's a Shadowstar. There is a sudden rev of engines and a squawking noise from the little four wheeler - and then it goes VERY still. "Hey, Swivel, should we take a shot at... oh nevermind, it's gone." There's a pause. "Swivel? Hey.... Swivel? Come on now..." a large backho prods her with his scoop and gets no response. Hyperdrive doesn't get a response on the radio either. Did... did she faint from being startled? While in her altmode, no less? With a sigh, one of the diggers gets on the comms. <<Alright little fella, can you make it out or do we need to dig you out?>> No point in worrying Hyperdrive by mentioning anything about Swivel on the coms. One of the other mechs transformers and manages to pick her up, calling back to the medic stationed at the Pits Stop.

Hyperdrive has posed:
Hyperdrive follows the sultry sounds of Autobot voices. That and some serious aft exhaust from the con. "Hey all, think we all made it out alive...." He finds a convenient spot to then just sit as he looks at all the big excavator type bots. "Thanks fer bein backup."

Swivel has posed:
     The large mech looks down t Hyperdrive, and just gives him the 'okay' sign by flring out his fingers while forming a circle with his middle finger and thumb. "You look exhausted. Need a lift? I ain't fast, but a little mech like you won't be any burden."

    Meanwhile, the mech awkwardly carrying Swivel is caught off guard when she suddenly comes back online, revving her engines abruptly and spinning her tires, which grind against his armour. "Ey Wot? Wot's 'appened?"
    "CALM DOWN! Arg!" The mech drops her unsure what else to do. She bounces and rears up on two tires. By then she seems to have realised she was safe and among allies. She flops forward onto all four and sighs.
    "Sorry 'bout that. Did 'Yperdrive make it out?"

Shadowstar (101) has posed:
     Shadowstar can't help but laugh as she hears that revving and squaking. "Sorry about that, little Swivel!" she calls before she is out of earshot. Once she is a safe distance away, Shadowstar transforms again and holds that creature behind the head again. She doesn't want to risk any damage due to improper restraints inside her cockpit! Even though she didn't stop the Autobots, she did take advantage of the Autobots' expedition and get her own sample. This should please Megatron!

Hyperdrive has posed:
Hyperdrive smiles at large mech. "I got a couple hits, gave a couple hits and used my forcefield ta keep from bein chewed on. I'll gladly take the ride. Hope someone got a hold of that critter. They're rather unpleasant."

Swivel has posed:
    "Alright, hop on," the large mech offers. It's a boxy thing with treads and doesn't move quickly, but can move evenly over the uneven terrains.
    As for Swivel and the other mech, they had back to the Pits Stop. Swivel will wait there to get everyone's statement of what happened and then compile a report - something she's actually found she enjoys doing. And from there, once patched up, everyone can head back to Iacon together.