474/Mysteries of Deep Space

From Transformers: The Dark Eras MUSH Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search
Mysteries of Deep Space
Date of Scene: 06 January 2018
Location: Starsreach Spaceport
Synopsis: Sky Lynx returns from a long forray in space, bringing a mysterious chunk of metal with him. Healthpoint makes sure everyone's healthy and safe while Hyperdrive admires Lynx, and Hammerstrike disapprovingly unloads everything else.
Cast of Characters: Sky Lynx, Hammerstrike, Hyperdrive, 108


Sky Lynx has posed:
The spaceport is...well, secured for the moment. Locked down tight with security teams ensuring that only 'essential personnel' are granted access. Of course, the higher-ups are probably watching through terminals and -in that case- essential means 'mildly expendable', but...hey! A gig's a gig, right?

As for just what they're all there for? No one can truly say. There was word of a transport arriving with some delicate cargo to unload that required certain experts to study, review, and offer some...advise on. And that's precisely what's happening. Lights are flashing and sirens buzzing to announce the arrival of a rather monstrous shuttle, one that's unique in its own stylings and certainly unmarked. In fact, reviewing the manifest would show that the pilot's not even listed... and aside from the bold Autobot insignia adorning the wings and fuselage, there's no real identity as to which shuttle in the Autobot hangar this one happens to be. Even the 'Arrival From' destination is odd. A series of coordinates that would have it as...out in deep space.

Did the Autobots even have a deep space transport or team for that? Huh.

But that's not all. There's something off as the shuttle starts to settle down, landing struts extending outward. The white, red, and blue armor is marred, scuffed, and even scorched in several places, with other areas marred by pockmarks from what was most likely collisions with micro-debris.

Healthpoint (108) has posed:
     Waiting for the shuttle is a fairly tall femme who looks like a scientist and medic, with sleek black and white coloration with heal-green accents. She looks official. Perhaps this is the expert?

     Not even close. In fact, she's a field medic who has barely been online for two months. But, she is pretty well educated and serious about her job, so as the shuttle descends she is ready with a special cart fitted with hazardous containment modules. She is unfamiliar with this shuttle, but again hasn't had much in the way of experience outside of the medbay. However, no pilot usually means one thing. This big thing is a transformer, and he might possibly need some medical attention if he has been flying through micro-asteroid fields in deep space. "Do you need any medical attention?" Healthpoint asks the shuttle as she waits for the cargo bay doors to open. Or for the shuttle to transform.

Hammerstrike has posed:
    Did someone say expendable? Hammerstrike fits the bill fairly well. Well, that and he is also large and well suited to manual labour. And wasn't on guard duty presently. Really, it boiled down to being big, strong, and available which got him selected as 'essential personelle'. However, he is standing back for now until given orders to unload. But first, the specialists with their fancy scanners need to make sure it's safe for the grunts to move in and do their grunty job. So Hammerstrike is standing, statue still, his optics squinting in that perpetual scowl he seems to wear everywhere.

Hyperdrive has posed:
Hyperdrive is glancing around looking somewhat bored as he stands near healthpoint when he notices the shuttle coming in. His dark optics widen and he takes in the side and scope of the thing landing. "Wow...." He looks at Healthpoint. "Hey wonder if they'll let me drive that?"

Sky Lynx has posed:
Poor Hyperdrive will be disappointed. The shuttle lands with a hiss of pneumatics and the automated systems start to hook up refueling systems to pump raw energon into the massive mech. Indeed, Healthpoint's assumption on one part is correct, and it's not just a piloted ship. The other assumption, though, draws an amused chuckle.

"Medical attention? Nonsense! I was made to travel through these sorts of environments." Just what /these sorts/ are isn't quite explained, but still... "If anything, I require some high-grade polish and replacement panels for armor in about a dozen different areas. I assure you, the only thing suffering right now is the parade-quality paint I applied prior to departing. Your concern is well noted, though."

Lynx waits for everything to settle before cargo bays open and a few unloading gantries are put in place. Most of the equipment is sensors and other science devices, but right now the one everyone's interested is a heavily sealed vault suspended in an iso-container and gyroscopically balanced for stability. Automated systems unload it, and the crate is immediately segregated from the rest as a mech wanders up to those involved in the whole ordeal, handing out datapads with non-disclosure statements. "Sign here. As you know, all of this is classified and not to be shared outside of this room. Your roles are to simply ensure that the sample is safe to bring into Iacon's facilities for further study and analysis."

Healthpoint (108) has posed:
     "That would be up to the mech, I imagine." Healthpoint says to Hyperdrive before listening to Sky Lynx. "Ah...yes, your paint job was rather scuffed. I am afraid that is less of a medical issue and more of a cosmetic issue. But, I would hardly be doing my job if I didn't at least ask." she says, then hmms as she sees the sensitive cargo is in a much better containment module than the one she brought. It seems all they will really have to do is get the vault on a cart and...release forms?

     Healthpoint takes the offered datapad and takes a look. No, non-disclosure agreements. She is already familiar with those. She nods to the mech. She signs the form before she heads toward the vault. She deploys her medical scanners and starts her scans, checking for signs of radiation or contaminant leaks. Once that is done she moves on to the rest of the cargo, checking it for the same signs so it can be cleared for unloading. She doesn't want Hammerstrike to have to stand around too long.

Hyperdrive has posed:
Hyperdrive realizes that the big....thing is actually a mech. He looks at it with alot more curiousity. His steps around out of Healthpoint's way so he can get a better scope for the size of this guy. "And I thought Hammerstrike was big." He takes a few more steps back. "Yer Amazin....guessin no one bout knocks ya over when 'they don't see you standin there. But then again...ya can't get inta a fraction of the places I can. But I bet you've seen some really awesome stuff flyin out there." Whether or not Skylynx answers, he doesn't seem to care.

Sky Lynx has posed:
The crate itself is clean and unblemeshed. Inside, however, whatever's tucked in the protective casing is irradiated by cosmic rays and solar radiation, both of which are off the charts. Nothing too destructive, but it's certainly a sign that whatever it is has been floating in the cosmic void for quite some time prior to Lynx's retrieval of it.

However, there's some other unique things showing up on the scanners as Healthpoint gives it a look. The metallurgical compositions are ringing notes of familiarity. As is the paint. They're Cybertronian, but made of alloys that theoretically have only been conceptualized in labs.

It's no wonder the non-disclosures went around.

But whatever it is also seems to have a bit of size and weight to it. The trolley holding the crate is a high-grade loadbearing one, and the crate, once Healthpoint's by it, does seem to be...well, sizeable.

As for Lynx, his attention goes to Hyperdrive. "Amazing is one way to put it. I'd have also accepted Fantastic, Spectacular, and Fabulous. Though, admittedly I'm not in proper form. I will say, though that this flight was nothing short of remarkable. Oh, if you could only see the things I've seen. I made admitted liberal use of color filters while flying through nebulae to scatter the gasses around my wings and it was most assuredly art of the finest degree. And, no, it takes quite a bit to knock me down. I neither go down easy nor without a proper fight."

Healthpoint (108) has posed:
     "Hmm...L-lots of signs of radiation, but nothing to be worried about...." Healthpoint says softly before deactivating her scanners. "Very interesting object, whatever it is. I would be quite facinated to study it a bit myself." she says to no one in particular, then looks over as Lynx talks to Hyperdrive. "Perhaps you could put in a request to go on the next deep space exploration mission?" she suggests, then moves to stand by Hyperdrive again. "If I may, where did you find this object? It is obviously very old, yet shows signs of Cybertronian design."

     Healthpoint keeps an eye on that device as she talks. It is both exciting and a bit disturbing. She then looks to Hammerstrike and smiles. "You may proceed with the offload. Leave the large containment unit where it is for now."

Hammerstrike has posed:
    Hammerstrike's optics glow just a slight bit brighter and there is a subtle lift of his chin. That is the extent to which he responds to the current conversation. Laconic and resolute as ever. But when given the clear to begin offloading he moves in, one among several others, to get to work. His optics do stray for one moment towards Hyperdrive, however, before quickly looking back to the task at hand. Hammerstrike brings out a collapsable dolly. While he IS large, he also believes in efficient work and begins loading and securing some of the crates.

Hyperdrive has posed:
Hyperdrive grins as the big shuttle actually decides to talk to him and doesn't just ignore him as if he's below notice. "It'd be nice not to be used as a speed bump but then I'd not be able to so some of the stuff I like I'd think." He looks at Healthpoint. "That'd be a idea...but only if Swivel got ta go too. It'd be fun ta go explorin I'd think."

Sky Lynx has posed:
Sky Lynx waits until everything is offloaded before transforming, stretching out his large form and giving a groan as servos that haven't been utilized during spaceflight are suddenly reawakend. After a thorough stretch and -perhaps- a wince at some of the protesting servos, Lynx cranes his neck down to regard Healthpoint. "Where it was found is...well, of little significance. Maybe. The coordinates are marked on a label on the back. It literally slapped me in the wing as I was flying through an expanse that is supposed to be empty."

The Lynx reaches over with one of those massive foreclaws and hits the top of the crate, which hisses and depressurizes as it opens. Of course, whatever's inside is still within a transparent and pressurized containment vacuum to prevent contamination, but it's still visible. A giant slab of metal, twisted and broken with both signs of being pelted and abused in space as well as markings that...well, they do look like blaster marks, don't they. Hmm.

But the old, worn piece of metal isn't simply just a twisted wreck without identification. In bold lettering beneath the centeries, perhaps, of age and damage are three letters in Cybertronian standard.
X ON.

"Bugger all if I can place it. It's nothing I recognize outright, so I notified the Intelligence liasion for my forray into deep space and ferried the thing back home. I'd figure someone will find out what it is and what it means eventually. I do intend to eventually go out and see if I can find more. After analyzing the composition I ran a scan and found a few more anomalies worth investigating."

Healthpoint (108) has posed:
     Healthpoint actually feels small for once, and...it is an interesting feeling. She fidgits a bit under Sky Lynx's gaze, then looks over as he pulls the inner containment device free. "...x-on?" she says quietly, then hmms. "...doesn't sound familiar." she says, then nods in agreement with Hyperdrive. "I may be a medic, but there is always something alluring about the unknown." she says, then pauses. "...yes, going with someone you know is always better." she says.

     As Hammerstrike and others get to work, Healthpoint makes sure to thank them for their efforts. But, as Intelligence is mentioned she gets a bit of a dark look. "...Prowl, I suppose..." she murmurs.

Hammerstrike has posed:
    There are a few grunts and hmphs that come from Hammerstrike as Sky Lynx speaks. That may be derision, but it may also just be response to particularily heavy or awkward loads. Now that everything is offloaded from the shuttle, it still needs to be organized and loaded onto smaller transports to get to their final destinations. Going where directed by other staff on hand, Hammerstrike comes and goes from vision as he rolls crate after crate onto a very large ground transport. But between work, he does seem to glance over at Hyperdrive and Healthpoint quite a bit. Naturally, if any of them glance at him back, he quickly looks away and rather convincingly looks busy. Because he is.

Hyperdrive has posed:
Hyperdrive glances over at the box and shrugs, "That's at least probably not somethin I have ta worry about. I think I was mainly asked over here ta be a forcefield if it was needed. Or ta help with liftin but ummm Hammerstrike seems ta be a bit more effiencient in mass displacement than I am."

Sky Lynx has posed:
Sky Lynx hmms. "Well, naturally Prowl." He glances at Hammerstrike momentarily before returning his attention to the group. "That is his department. I'd expect him to do the same for me in matters that involve my domain." Lynx looks at the odd plate and then rolls his shoulders in a shrug of sorts. "But, well, this one has me baffled. I know space. This strikes me as more his domain."

Healthpoint (108) has posed:
     Healthpoint actually giggles a bit at Hyperdrive's use of mass displacement. "Or perhaps they simply wished to ensure that you were kept out of trouble under the watchful eye of a medical professional." she teases gently. Then Sky Lynx speaks up again and Healthpoint's smile fades. "...I do not always agree with the lengths and measures used by the Intelligence division." she says, and for a moment her right hand trembles. She tries to hide it by nonchallantly gripping it in her left. "But, I suppose they are our best option when trying to solve a puzzle."

Hammerstrike has posed:
    Hammerstrike glances over at the mention of his name but otherwise keeps on working. But he's still listening as he rolls that dolly back to load up the next few crates, listening to the continued discussion. He stops, however, just after securing one of the last loads. He looks down and is silent for a moment, shaking his head. It's not worth speaking out. Or is it? Hammerstrike harrumphs. Since he wasn't moving anything, the sound couldn't be from work - which leaves the likely conclusion that he is disagreeing with or disapproving with something said. BUt he doesn't voice his opinion, whichever it is. Instead he just maintains that scowl on his face and says nothing.

Sky Lynx has posed:
Sky Lynx shoots a look over at the voiced 'harumph' and just studies Hammerstrike for a moment before simply nodding and looking back at Healthpoint. "We all may sometimes disagree with the tactics employed by those in different divisions, especially when we prioritize things differently, but everyone is where they are at for a reason. Trust is not the same as agreement. I trust Prowl to do what is best for the Autobots and Cybertron, even if I would rather things be done differently based on my own conviction, knowledge, and skillset."

Healthpoint (108) has posed:
     Healthpoint nods lightly at what Sky Lynx says and looks down slightly. "Maybe. But, what is best is also subjective." she says before looking over at Hammerstrike then back at Sky Lynx. "I do think he wants to ensure the Autobots and Cybertron survive, but I am not sure about him beyond that. But, I suppose I have to be fair and admit that I have only met him once."

Hammerstrike has posed:
    Hammerstrike looks up, listening to Sky Lynx, nodding. "It's not for cadets and junior officers to agree or disagree." Hammerstrike finally weighs in. There is a rigidness in his tone and sternness in his countenance that he is not likely to think otherwise. And he doesn't seem interested in a debate, as he begins to push that dolly off to fit it into the transport.

Sky Lynx has posed:
Sky Lynx hmms. "Right...well," he looks back at the odd chunk of metal and hits a button, the crate itself closing up. "If you deem this safe to deliver, I'll transfer it over to the appropriate custodians for movement to the Intelligence group."

Healthpoint (108) has posed:
     Healthpoint blinks at the sudden return to the proper task at hand, then nods. "Ah...y-yes. It is clear for transport." she says, then looks over at Hammerstrike. She looks like she is going to say something, but then decides against it. "If I am needed, I will be in medical." she says, then heads back to her post.

Sky Lynx has posed:
Sky Lynx gives Healthpoint a nod. "I may swing by regardless of my own personal conviction of my well-being to ensure all proper documentation for my release to active duty following prolonged expeditionary action is formalized." He nods to the nearest Intel attache and the crate, along with whatever that plate is, get wheeled off.

Will answers ever be had? Will anyone ever know what that plate was or where it came from? Who knows...