520/Simanzi Aftermath in Rodion

From Transformers: The Dark Eras MUSH Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search
Simanzi Aftermath in Rodion
Date of Scene: 22 April 2018
Location: Rodion
Synopsis: During the dissolution of the ceasefire Swivel's job is complicated by an injured Hyperdrive.
Cast of Characters: Swivel, Hyperdrive


Hyperdrive has posed:
The sound of a big towstyle tracked vehicle comes rumbling toward the portal area that has Swivel and the others. In the distance they came there's a flash and after a few moments, a rumble and boom from that portal's demise. Hyperdrive and a few other injuried are riding on TipTow as he lumbers toward the Rodian site to see if they can be of any help. There are some cons following but now there's a marked distance between them and the bots. They're pretty much here to see about collecting or joining their brethren. Once the vehicle stops, Hyperdrive awkwardly hops down, The edge of one foot showing signs of melting and burning while the other foot is completely gone at about midleg. "Swivel?!" They of course didn't stop too close to the Rodian portal but who knows where Swivel is.

Swivel has posed:
    While the scorching heat had not reached Rodion yet, the distant skies showed signs of the disaster. Swivel had been working tirelessly with local police and emergency department as well as other Autobots and Decepticons to evacuate everyone within radius of the portal in Rodion. While at first the efforts were going well, the reports over the radio started to demoralize the Autobots and Decepticons, and tensions began running high. Swivel had done everything she could to keep them all working together while getting civillians away from the destabilizing portal. But as the job was reaching completion, hostile words and gestures between Autobots and Decepticons were growing more intense. And moreover, Swivel had been radioing Hyperdrive to check on him and his team... as well as sending discrete radios to check on the welfare of a certain Decepticon.
    By the time that Hyperdrive and TipTow had burst through the portal, Swivel was already three blocks away, holding back one Autobot from taking another swing at a Decepticon.

    "Just... just go! THere's no point foightin' 'ere until the reports are in! Just... just please just go!" Swivel entreats the Decepticon, whose gun was out and pointed at the both of them. The 'con wipes a trickle of energon from his mouth. He hesitates, but then turns to leave.
    The other Autobot exvents harshly at Swivel. "They're the enemy now! They always were! WHy did you STOP ME!" Swivel shakes her head.
    "We still 'ave another block to cover - let's just focus on that. I need to 'ead in to do one last sweep. Can I... can I trust you to do your job?"
    "Where do you get off ordering ME around? You're just a private!" THe Autobot sneers, still angry.
    "I'm just requesting." Swivel says, hands out in a placating manner. The sound of the portal blowing causes both to jump. Instinctively, Swivel quickly gets on her radio, trying to get a hold of 'Yperdroive. <<Oy! Are you through? Did you just come through the Rodion portal? Report!">>

Hyperdrive has posed:
Hyperdrive is hurting but he will get over to Swivel. Using the bit of rebar, he starts to hobble in that direction though Tiptoe has some pity and ends up carrying him part way, placing him down right as Swivel calls for him. He smiles, <<No I didnt make it out and I'm not standin 20 feet behind ya. Ida snuck closer but ow.." He leans on the rebar looking completely relieved that She's there and also mostly in one piece.

Swivel has posed:
The other Autobot just scoffs at Swivel. "You probably think you can do as you please just because you drape yourself all over Blurr." The Autobot shakes out his fist and shrugs. "But I'll get to work, if only to show those Decepticons that Autobots see their responsibilities through." The sneering Autobot trots off to go help some of the local officers continue to direct people out of the area. Swivel sighs. She was about to turn and head in for a second sweep of anyong they may have missed when she gets Hyperdrive's radio. Swivel looks up, seeing Tiptoe and Hyperdrive. "Oh..." Swivel rushes over, looking at the sorry shape Hyperdrive is in. "Slag, 'Yperdroive, you really 'ad me worried. Yer... yer..." She looks at Hyperdrive's feet.

Hyperdrive has posed:
Hyperdrive happily thumps to the ground now that he knows she's safe. He sighs, "I'm alive...I'd offer ta kick that guy's aft who was glarin at ya but I'm outta aft kickin feet right this moment. We tried ta get everyone through safe. The cons that were with us saw us tryin and helped.

Swivel has posed:
    Swivel just sighs when Hyperdrive offers to kick aft. And despite the sinking feeling that the ceasefire has ended, that people are dying, that Hyperdrive is out aft-kicking feet, she laughs. Just so much tension, she needs some way of discharging it. She doesn't know what else to do. So she laughs and drops down beisde Hyperdrive. She looks up at Tiptow. "THanks fer bringin' 'im back... but it's not safe to stay 'ere." She says while sitting on the ground.
    Sobering up, Swivel looks at Hyperdrive. "With everything that's 'appening... I don't even care about any petty insults directed at me."

Hyperdrive has posed:
Hyperdrive is sitting by Swivel on the ground. Hyper is missing part of a leg and his other foot has melty type damage. He sighs. "No clue what happened....just started hearin yellin and then the portals went nuts. He winces. "Well I'll still kick their aft if they bug you while I'm here."

Swivel has posed:
    Swivel sighs, now that she'd worked out a bit of the mounting tension before letting herself fall into full blown hysteria. There is an uneasy feeling rolling around in her mind and Swivel tenses up. "I...." Swivel stands up and then looks at Hyperdrive, extending a hand. "Should I call medivac to come getcha? We can't stay 'ere. Other foights are loikly to break out, and if someone... if you are caught wounded I don't know wot..." Swivel sighs. "It's bad 'Yperdroive. It's very bad. Really. Ignore wot that Autobot said about me. I think we gotta be more worried about Decepticons spoilin' fer a foight."

Hyperdrive has posed:
Hyperdrive smiles at Swivel, "We'll be okay...I still have a little forcefield left. " He slowly gets to his feet and looks at her "But I'll gladly limp wherever you lead. I can't believe they ruined the truce....everyone seems ta be idiots."

Swivel has posed:
    "No. You are already taxed. I won't put you through that if we kin avoid further trouble by movin' out. I've done wot I kin, but without any rank or authority, I cannot keep the peace 'ere." Swivel frowns and shakes her head. She's already had one gun pulled on her, and though she'd managed to diffuse that altercation, she knows better than to assume she can reason with everyone. Swivel lends a shoulder, slipping her arm around Hyperdrive to help hold him up. "Besoids, I've got some promises ta keep about stayin' safe." Swivel sighs. "And yeah... sounds loik a lot of idiocy 'appened. I... I was really 'opin' this would pan out. But... it's over now. A lot of things are over now. Just a lot sooner than I..."

Hyperdrive has posed:
Hyperdrive shrugs, "Not sure what happened. Just glad yer okay." He leans on Swivel, glad for her support both physical and emotional. A sigh escapes him. "They couldn't even last a ......dammit. Things seemed ta be goin so well. Did..did ya contact everyone who needed ta be contacted." Optics dim a little from the pain but he tries to hide his reaction.

Swivel has posed:
    Swivel braces under Hyperdrive's added weight, but then begins to slowly move forward, her sensors keyed up on high alert for anything hostile. Or the possibility that when the portal blew, it also blew out some psychosonorum in its wake. Swivel begins to move away from the portal, trying to get Hyperdrive to one of the buildings set aside by the Autobots for emergencies like this. There should be some triage AND fortifications there - if not, she'll have to try and get him to Deltaran.
    When Hyperdrive asks about whether she contacted everyone who needed to be contacted, Swivel's optics also dim. "Yeah. I got a 'old of 'oo I could." Swivel had been looking forward to a follow-up conversation after the intense one she and Blast Off had some cycles ago. Instead, all she managed was a short exchange over radio amidst the chaos. But she at least said what she hoped mattered.

Hyperdrive has posed:
Hyperdrive frowns a bit, "But at least you were safe and hopefully we won't have lost too many." He looks at her. "What are the plans now?" He tilts his head. "Are we regroupin or has any orders come through?" He looks around, making sure that they're not being noticed or followed.

Swivel has posed:
    Swivel tenses up at the sound of gunfire in the distance? It isn't long until a report of interfactional fighting sweeps over the local Autobot frequencies. It's in the direction Swivel was heading. But she can't afford to bring Hyperdrive anywhere near a fight, especially with conflicting reports of what is going on everywhere. Could Rodion already be turning into a warzone? Swivel grimaces and turns into an alleyway. It goes through... but if the fighting reaches her at either end, she knows she'll have no room to maneuver. They'd be pinned. But Swivel isn't sure what else to do except... Swivel eyes a dumpster. Would hiding in there and hoping to wait things out even work? "There's a planet woid evacuation from all portal locations. The radios are busy. I..." She's a courier. She can move fast on her own. Swivel sighs and heads closer to the dumpster. "I need you to stay in 'ere. I kin move faster without you and I don't loik the sound of things. Stay 'ere, stay quiet, don't do anything brave. I promise I'll get 'elp and come back for you. But just in case..." Swivel gets out her whip and hands it to Hyperdrive. "You don't need to do anything fancy. This button will release a shock to anyone the whip is in contact with, you could simply just 'old the handle and jam it at someone if it comes to that."

Hyperdrive has posed:
Hyperdrive grumbles, "I can hide next ta it, but inside won't work....I won't be able ta swing the whip away from me.....Or ta hop out if I need ta get some distance. Can't ya just stay with me?" He sighs and clenches the whip tightly. He tries to stand a little higher, to pretend he's not hurtin. "I want ya ta stay with me....won't that be better?"

Swivel has posed:
Swivel looks at the dumpster again, and then at Hyperdrive's injuries. Swivel frowns and shakes her head violently, eyeing his stance, not looking convinced. "'Yperdroive. I want to stay with you. Protect you. I don't want to lose anyone else." Swivel looks at the partially melted metal and shudders. Fires. Cleaning Bots. Bad memories. "But I..." Swivel begins to say, looking away. "I can't protect you. I just can't. I can't protect anyone - not in a foight. If I could get someone that could carry you, that could foight properly..."

Hyperdrive has posed:
Hyperdrive says, "If ya leave, I'll just follow ya. Its my job ta protect you. SO by stayin by me, you will be protectin me too." He smirks at Swivel and sighs, "As I said, I still have a forcefield. A sigh escapes him. "Truth is, I'd be happier if I knew exactly where ya were...Maybe TipTow can take us both somewhere better if ya want. ""

Swivel has posed:
Swivel is about to say something, and by the stern look on her face, Hyperdrive probably won't like it. But then she puts a hand to her mouth, listening intently. She's silent for a moment, distant sounds informing her of the surroundings. After a moment, she lowers her hand. "Your forcefield will last longer if you aren't extending it to include me." Swivel looks squarely at Hyperdrive. "I'll radio TipTow and see if 'e got far. If 'e can get you to the waterfront warehouses, that's where Autobots are supposed to be gathering in case of emergency. Shuttles should be there by now - and if we're lucky, medics." Swivel rolls back her shoulders. "But our best bet of survival is to not stay together. 'Yperdroive. Stay 'ere and wait for TipTow. That is an order." Swivel sets Hyperdrive down against the dumpster. "Besoids, I need to make sure the way is clear for you and others loik TipTow. I'm a scout. So let me do my job." Swivel sighs, her face softening a little. "I'll keep in contact via shortrange, so you don't need to worry. I can guide you to safety. Just... let me go."