541/Plateau Evac

From Transformers: The Dark Eras MUSH Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search
Plateau Evac
Date of Scene: 26 May 2018
Location: Sonic Canyons
Synopsis: The Autobots are trying to save a town near the Sonic Canyons. Blast Off helps them...but if anyone asks, he was shooting at Springer.
Cast of Characters: Blurr, Blast Off, Springer, Swivel, Hyperdrive


Blurr has posed:
    A town in the mountains near the edge of the Sonic Canyons is in serious peril tonight, the searing heat causing the plateau it was perched on to soften to the point of losing structural integrity. Bits of the terrain are melting away slowly, and soon there will not be enough space on the plateau to support the whole town.

    Many of the residents had already evacuated long ago, but there were still quite a few who had been stubborn and remained behind or just couldn't find a way out in time. The Autobots are making an effort to provide evacuation transports for those who can't escape by their own power, which is most people since the atmosphere is literally burning and anyone without special shielding would likely be toast. Additionally, with the prolonged extreme temperatures, many are sick or injured.

    However, space and resources are limited, since this sort of chaos is happening everywhere -else- too, and there is simply not enough. So to make matters worse, many of those who are strong enough are fighting amongst themselves, trying to guarantee survival to themselves and their own loved ones first.

Springer has posed:
    Springer hovers over the area, weathering dangerous updrafts to deliver aid to those trapped and to then airlift out whomever he can. As he sees fights start to break out among the most desperate, he calls down, "Please remain calm. Air Springer will be back for everyone!" He tries to keep his voice light and a little sarcastic to give the impression that all is under control.

Swivel has posed:
    Swivel has been signing up for just about every evacuation missions out there. She'd be more appalled by the fighting-for shuttle space if she hadn't already seen this all before. Not that it is any less distressing to her - just not surprising. Swivel has had to make her way to higher ground to avoid being trampled in the frenzy. Not as high ground as riding along with Springer, but, well, he needs room for people being evacuated. Swivel's attention is divided between using her environmental sensors to monitor the Plateau's degeneration and calling out directions and assurances.

Blast Off has posed:
Blast Off happens to be here (the coincidence of it all!). He's not the sort of Decepticon to be taking advantage of people's distress like this- if they want to evacuate, so be it. However, neither is he helping (ewww strangers in his cargo bay, don't think so!). The sniper watches from a high, concealed vantage point. For one thing, he's watching the Autobots. Two, if residents leave anything valuable in their haste to escape, he'll see if he can take it and run. Ok, fly. Upon spotting Swivel, he tenses a little, but beyond that he remains mostly just aloof and ever-watchful.

Blurr has posed:
    Springer's false confidence is rudely interrupted by a piece of falling rock that is partially molten and blown in his direction by a hot wind. He may or may not be able to dodge it.

    Meanwhile, Blurr is down on the ground near one of the transports, trying to break up fights and unruly mobs that are all trying to rush on at once. It was going to be first come first serve, but with the amount of chaos happeing, it's not clear who was even there first. << Ugh, Springer, you've got rank on everyone else, who are we prioritizing? Wounded? Or should we just make everyone take a number... >>

Springer has posed:
Springer swings back and forth in midair, dodging debris while being careful not to spin the supplies off the platform suspended beneath him. << Have them clear back so I can land, and then, yeah -- load up the wounded first. I'll have Sparkspur set up a triage back at Iacon to determine who needs help the most. >>

Hyperdrive has posed:
Hyperdrive has been trying to help. He really has. But the guy they paired him with is totally not helping. "Come on...we have ta hurry if we're gonna help everyone." Coolabout eyes Hyperdrive lazily, "Mech....you are harshin my chill...Evacuations require cool minds." Hyperdrive facepalms. "Okay...and while you are findin yer Zen...people are dyin! GAH!" Hyperdrive transforms and quickly speeds in the direction of the others. "Catch up with me when ya can!" He radios ahead, "Where do ya need me....and Coolabout. We're available ta help....at least I am. Coolabout is probably still gettin a whiff of the medical supplies." "So not cool man! I'm puttin in for a transfer from your negativity!"

Blast Off has posed:
Blurr! Blast Off's optics narrow, his trigger finger twitching. Now THERE is a tempting target. However, he's one 'Con and there are at least 3 Autobots in the area, so he doesn't go with his first instinct and start shooting. He just watches and waits for now, though he DOES being his rifle out and sets sights on Blurr, mentally pulling the trigger several times. But wait... is that now FOUR Autobots? Mental trigger pulls are one thing, he remains hesitant on the actual physical ones.

Blurr has posed:
    << Copy that. >> Blurr turns back to the mob and starts trying to herd them away a bit. "Okay folks, wounded -first-, got that? And there's a lot of them so if you're not injured back away and take a number."
    But this crowd isn't having it. "The wounded? But they're the -least- likely to make it! If anyone's gonna survive it's gonna be the ones who aren't already half dead!" One of them protests.
    "Yeah but you're the most likely to survive until the next wave of evac. Now get in line."
    "You Autobots were always ordering us around and still do! This stupid war hasn't changed a thing!" Someone else shouts, and they all start trying to rush past him, shoving and trampling each other to try to get onto the transport.

    << Slag it, Springer...Hyperdrive! A little help here!? Coolabout if you don't cooperate, I'll get your aft transferred Luna-2. >> Blurr is a bit too busy to notice Blast Off for the moment. But it does seem like a pretty good opportunity to catch him off guard. Although the Combaticon is outnumbered, it's possible that no one will figure out where the shot came from in this chaos.

Springer has posed:
    Springer turns on his loudspeaker. << Everyone, please calm down. There will be room in the shuttle for everyone, >> he lies. He jigs a little to the west, away from the nearest shuttle, and lands the platform. He then transforms and lands as well, using his massive strength to start hauling goods off the pallet. << Once I have this unloaded, I'll bring the wounded over here myself, to keep them from getting trampled by able-bodied neutrals rushing the shuttles. >>

Hyperdrive has posed:
Hyperdrive comes to help. He tranforms and watches the debacle and decides to make things easier. A forcefield pops up around the wounded, protecting them from the idiots and giving the medics some space to work.

Swivel has posed:
    It's a good thing Swivel's sensors are focused on the ground. The slippery melty ground. And not in other tall vantage points where certain complicating snipers are hidden. Otherwise she just might notice and spoil his fun by alerting her comrades. Speaking of comrades, she can see things are continuing to get messy as opinions of Autobots continue to drop. Of course, she likes to imagine the same people would fuss and slander Decepticons all the same - they're just scared and will greet anyone with anger. And... they have a lot of reason to be scared as Swivel continues to monitor the viscosity of the plateau. In that plateuas should not be viscous at all. << So.... that toim table we 'ad to get people outta 'ere? Yeah. Survey results are telling a different story - we'll need to move things along faster than we anticipated. Which is gunna be 'ard considering... >> Swivel cringes a bit. The building she's on won't be stable for long, so she begins to make her way down before it becomes a crisis.

Blast Off has posed:
Blurr's certainly a tempting target indeed. But Blast Off is not foolish enough to take on four Autobots at once, including a triple-changer. And yet.... well, there is ONE thing he can do. One advantage he has over all these ground alts... all of them except Springer, but he's not as FAST as the shuttle, right? Hmm. It's worth a shot. Literally. Swivel may regret not noticing the sniper this time. She probably WILL notice when the Combaticon suddenly appears, blasting up from the ground in shuttle mode now, lasers aimed at that oh-too-tempting target- Blurr. PEW PEW PEW. Then he's up, up, and away, where ground-based Autobots will have difficulty making shots connect in just a moment. Up, up, he goes.

Blurr has posed:
    There's a deep groan, and the plateau sags further. More buildings crumble into molten messes. In fact, the one Swivel was standing on is about to fall onto a group of injured mechs. Fortunately, Hyperdrive's forcefield goes up just in time, protecting them from getting crushed.

    This, and Springer's commanding voice seem to get the mob to snap out of their obstination. They stop trying to rush, and even some of the people who already made it on get off again and start helping the wounded get aboard.

    "Phew, thanks Springer, you're a life saver." Blurr admits. He turns to Hyperdrive. "Hyperdrive, could you help get those wounded mechs on?"

    The transports start to fill up, with people finally cooperating. The ones that are full close their doors as the autopilot navigators kick in and take off northward. Finally, they are down to the last one, with a few more civilians struggling to squeeze aboard. There are still a few left behind, and Blurr tries to reassure them that another wave will be here soon--but sadly he can't guarantee that it will be here in time. But then he gets shot by--Blast Off??! "Ugh! The slag is Blast Off doing here?! Ha, of course he doesn't care that innocent people are dying." He pulls out that stun weapon again, looking for the Combaticon in the blazing sky, but sees that he's out of range. "Frag it! Springer, get him off my back, he's out of my range." The speedster ducks into the doorway of the transport to try to get out of his foe's line of sight.

    Blast Off's high vantage point gives him an advantage...although it also may be dangerous. There are falling partially molten rocks rolling down the side of the mountain as well as hot drafts blowing burning gases everywhere.

Springer has posed:
    "I'm on it, Blurr!" Springer yells, and then with a single bound LEAPS into the air like Primusdamned Superman. He soars towards Blast Off, one fist leading forward. When he reaches as high as his powerful legs can take him, he immediately transforms and fires up at shuttle. He knows there's no way he can match Blast Off in terms of altitude or speed, but Springer has the advantage of maneuverability in the high winds, and is tough enough to get away with drawing aggro from Blurr.

Swivel has posed:
    A stream of rather colourful language exits Swivel's mouth as she narrowly escapes tumbling down with the building she was using. Luckily she has the easier job of just managing her own aft - unlike others having to protect wounded from falling buildings. And burning molten debris. And burning gas. And lasers. Wait. LASERS? Swivel peers up as a familiar shuttle is already retreating for higher ground with Springer in hot pursuit. Despite the high temperatures, Swivel feels a momentary chill, but quickly pushes it out of her mind. She's got work to focus on. She keeps her sensors live, but is no longer standing apart. She begins to try and help keep people calm and protected and calling out updates on the slippery plateau.

Blast Off has posed:
HA HA! Blast Off always enjoys using Blurr as target practice, it's nearly a calling. Someone has to shoot at the smug speedster, how about the smug shuttle? And smug he is, as he rockets away... Ha, few can catch him here. Except... oh. Whoops. He didn't count on Springer actually *launching* himself up like that, all HEROIC like. SHOW OFF. The shuttle gets a warm feeling in his aft section- frag, he's been hit! The shuttle grumbles, annoyed- and starting to veer around to return the "favor". "<< You think you can match me up HERE, Autofool? You're in MY playground now. >>" He fires up his lasers again for a strafing round of shots at Springer as he soars overhead, warming up the really BIG X-ray orbital laser in his nosecone for his next go-round.

Blurr has posed:
    As the fight between Springer and Blast Off begins in earnest, the plateau shudders once more, this time harder than ever before. It seems their time is up. The entire thing starts to crack apart, the ground tearing itself asunder right below them as lava bubbles up from the newly formed chasms.

    Blurr rushes to the still-open doorway to the transport, grabbing the arm of one more civilian to pull him aboard even as the ground cracks and starts to pull apart between them. But...what about his teammates who can't fly? "Swivel, Hyperdrive!" he shouts across the roar of the crumbling mountain and lava flows. Even as he calls out to them, he can hear the autopilot trying to take off--but it seems the engines are stalling. "Slag it..." he curses. The shuttle is already starting to slide as more buildings fall and the ground starts to tilt downward.

Springer has posed:
    If it were possible for a helicopter to smirk, Springer would be doing it. You can just hear it in his voice. << Space is your playground, Captain Coward. Specifically the space between your audio receptors. Back here in the real world, you're just a glass cannon waiting to be broken. >> Springer is strafed with lasers and his tail begins to smoke. That doesn't stop him from banking around to bring his own nose-turret into play.

    << Why don't you run back to orbit while you're still on one piece? Here's not a great place to show off your great skill at crashing, >> Springer says sardonically. Whipping around quickly, Springer fires his laser turret. Sandstorm doesn't get to hog ALL the crazy aerial stunts. << Hang on! >> he calls down to his Autobot comrades. Hitting the speed, he swoops down to save Swivel... and Hyperdrive, he supposes.

Swivel has posed:
Swivel didn't have much time to report that the stress levels of the Plateau had reached their limit before the awesome sound of it splitting and roaring infernos alerted the rest. Hyperdrive's forcefields can only do so much. Swivel looks over to Blurr and the stalling transport and waves frantically for him to just go. "GET IT MOVING! WE'LL MANAGE!" Swivel might be lying, and some possible evidence to that is the ground jerking violently under her feet. All she has to do is just HOPE that Springer can make it to her in time. And that Blast Off won't interfere - and she is rather desperately resisting the urge to KINDLY request BLast Off back off. But... that would be wandering into some dangerous territory right there. So Swivel just does everything she can to keep from falling into the newly opened cracks and stay ahead of the belching gasses and lava spewing forth.

Blast Off has posed:
Blast Off's engine rumbles as his shots strike home, then grumbles at the Autobot's response. "<< I'm not a coward, I'm just not a fool. Come strike that heroic pose in the middle of Kaon, see how well you do. >>" Springer fires off a shot at him, but misses. "<< Ha! >>" The shuttle gloats. "<< Tell me again how disadvantaged I am here? >>" Then, speaking of cowards, the Autobot FLIES AWAY!! How dare! The shuttle arcs up and around and then aims his orbital laser at the retreating form. "<< You call ME a coward? >>"

Ok, fine, maybe he's actually heading towards the other Autobots or something but Blast Off warmed up his lasers and he is not wasting that! It's not full power yet, but close enough. Sorry, Swivel, he hasn't even noticed you down there. A bluish light forms at his nosecone base. Springer may even *feel* the buzz of energy before seeing the flash- and then there's a orbital bombardment strike headed his way!

Hyperdrive has posed:
Hyperdrive tries to help everyone once its obvious everyone has to move. The young mech struggles to help the refugees.

Blurr has posed:
    "Slagslagslag..." Blurr curses as Swivel just tells him to get on trying to get the transport airborne. << Hyperdrive, grab Swivel and divert as much power as possible to your shields--maybe you can ride this one out until I can get this thing airborne. Or until we can get an extraction team out here... >>

    He rushes into the cockpit and starts running diagnostics, finding that some lava must have gotten into one of the engines and solidified in there once protected from the hot atmosphere outside. "Frag..." he mutters. How is he going to dislodge that much metal and rock? But then he gets an idea. << Springer, could you get Blast Off to fire his orbital laser at the port side engines? >>

Springer has posed:
    Captain - er, Commander Springer dives down, dodging updrafts to heroically swoop down to save the Autobots before it's too late. As he hones in on Swivel... and, yes, Hyperdrive... he feels a light buzz of energy. Everything seems to suddenly brighten around him, and before Springer can react... **ORBITAL STRIKE!!!**

    Springer is nearly knocked into the fiery abyss as a massive X-ray laser fires right through him, scorching all of the paint off his body and leaving Springer smoldering and barely airborne. Springer screams in agony and rage... and keeps flying, ignoring the literally-burning fury as he hovers down and lowers a chain for the other Autobots to grab.

    << Hurry, >> Springer radios down. << That strike charred away my filters - my engines are sucking in super-heated gas, and it's only a matter of time before they flame out. >> Springer keeps his voice steady, trying to hide the pain in an attempt to keep the others calm until he can get them to safety. << Give me... a moment, Blurr... and I'll try. >>

    Springer tries to balance saving Swivel with drawing aggro for the next attack. If he can swing her over to the shuttle, he just might be able to do both at once before he catches fire and dies.

Swivel has posed:
    WELP! There goes that hope. Maybe she should have POLITELY told the enemy to go shoot something else. But... no time to dwell on that. Swivel scrambles to take a hold of the chain Springer lowered, scrambling up it with simian agility. Climbing to a craft that MIGHT catch fire is better than falling into a crevice already bubbling with unholy heat.

Blast Off has posed:
Blast Off smirks inwardly as the shot strikes home. Take THAT, Autobot triple-changer who called him a coward!!! Ha ahaha. Yes, he'll swoop in and finish the job and.... oh. One problem, no make it two. He goes down much further and he'll be in strike range of the other Autobots... and is that Swivel? It... looks like she's in some real trouble there. The shuttle suddenly veers up, catching more alititude instead of attacking. He'll cirle around, recharging his lasers, and wait.

Hyperdrive has posed:
Hyperdrive is trying to help get things done but it looks like all hell is breaking loose. Run!

Blurr has posed:
    << Okay...hurry! >> Blurr says urgently, as the transport is already starting to tumble down the mountain, getting knocked about the rocks. If it takes too many hits, it might not -ever- get off the ground!

Springer has posed:
"As soon... and you get to the shuttle... Jump!" Springer yells to Swivel over the sound of his straining engines. "I gotta get these people to their vacation destinations!" he quips, still Springer even when on fire. He swings Swivel over to the ship and drops her off, before hovering up over the part of the shuttle that needs strafing. << Hey, Shortbus! >> he calls up to Blast Off. << Is that the best you got? I've caught stronger rays on the beach last summer! >>

Swivel has posed:
    Once again there is that urge to... say something. But it's risky. And she has other things to attend to - like holding on tight and following directions. Directions such as swinging onto the shuttle - the one doing evacuations of course. Swivel does just that. But still her mind is... no... don't do it... what if someone caught the signal? But... if it could help...
    Not much time to deliberate. Swivel clicks on her radio and tightbeams to Blast Off. There is a staticky pause. Primus. How does she even.... <<"No toim to explain. Don't expect you to comply. But if you 'ave the urge to save loives, fire on the port side enginges of this shuttle.">> There. Swivel ducks into the rather cramped shuttle hold to see if she can be of any actual use in case her message didn't have any effect.

Blast Off has posed:
Blast Off bristles at Springer's remark. He'd REALLY like to charge up that full orbital blast and just obliterate Springer with it... hopefully Blurr too. But... Swivel. Plus also he can tell the Autobot is just *taunting* him, like he *wants* to distract Blast Off, or something. The suspicious shuttle remains up high where he is.

Then that message comes. The shuttle's systems all seem to glitch in a surprise tension. Swivel's remark is unexpected and nearly unprecedented in battle as of late. It also hits home... he suddenly remembers how useless he felt as a shuttle when he allowed... no, he didn't /allow/, but he couldn't save all those people who died. He couldn't shuttle them to safety. It's been gnawing at him ever since, and trust Swivel to take notice NOW. There's a grumble, then the shuttle arcs downward, lasers firing up. "<< I'll give you a ray you won't soon forget, Autobot! >>" He fires towards Springer... but not exactly, since the shot isn't really aimed for him, but to just barely MISS him and hit the port side of the other shuttle's engines instead! The sniper is skilled enough that this just may work!

Blurr has posed:
    The blast strikes the jammed engines, breaking apart the outer housings as well as the solidified lava that had been caught up inside. The engines roar to life just as the transport was on the verge of tumbling down into a deep lava and gas filled crevice near the base of the mountain. "Yes!" Blurr shouts as he pushes the throttle to full power, the the vessel rocketing straight up and away from danger. He is also relieved to see that Swivel seems to have made it on board as well. << Mission accomplished. Springer, what's your status? You all right out there? >>

Springer has posed:
    **VVVVVVVVVVVVVVTHOOOOOOOOOOM!!** From Springer's point of view, Blast Off takes the bait. Another titanic blast emanates from above. Springer zips out of the way, thinking to himself, 'just in time.' The strike impacts the molten metal of the engines, perfectly knocking the solidified husk loose with the finesse of a surgeon, leaving the engines themselves intact.

    Not leaving anything to chance, Springer painfully transforms, landing on the engine cover. He grabs onto the edge of the debris, and with a tremendous pull of near-bursting servos, tears the layer of hardened rock and steel completely away. Drawing his wind tunnel gun, he stands and blows away the remaining debris to prevent Foreign Object Damage to the engine when the shuttle takes off.

    << OK, >> Springer radios in. << Try it now! >> Blurr shouts as he pushes the throttle to full power, sending vessel rocketing straight up and away from danger. Springer barely grabs on in time to keep from falling behind into the fiery doom. When the shuttle levels off, however, Springer hops down into the shuttle itself... and then completely collapses into near status-lock. He's done all he can. It's up to the others now.

Swivel has posed:
    Swivel braces herself, hoping that this works. Hoping Springer doesn't go down in flames for his valiant efforts. Hopes Hyperdrive will be alright. Hoping to just get out of this crazy mess - despite knowing she will sign up for the next one. Anything to keep her diverted. Anything to leave her very little room to dwell.
    And so it is that she perks up hearinb Blurr shout in elation among all the racket. The shuttle is moving, and not in a spiralling to its fiery doom direction. Her mood turns ever more hopeful when Springer manages to get in... only to collapse. Swivel lets out a small dismayed noise, but she stands back. She's not a medic and would just be in the way. For a moment, Swivel considers risking one more transmission of a simple 'thanks'. But then Swivel rejects this idea. What good could come of it? So the femme just hangs tight, and helps to continue and keep the evacuees reassured the rest of the trip.

Blast Off has posed:
Blast Off knows Swivel is probably thankful, and he can understand not risking another transmission. He's just... oddly glad to see the other shuttle take off. He saved some people today. ...Kind of. Outside, however, Blast Off merely *huffs* and, with a swift turnabout, makes his way from the scene. He's not interested in firing on a bunch of ragtag fleeing survivors and looks like there's not much left to loot, either. His work here is done.