601/Hoe-Down

From Transformers: The Dark Eras MUSH Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search
Hoe-Down
Date of Scene: 08 October 2018
Location: Sea of Rust
Synopsis: Two backhoes have a throwdown!
Cast of Characters: Hammerstrike, Hyperdrive, Scavenger


Scavenger has posed:
Scavenger is alone, a strange occurance that is becoming increasingly frequent as of late. Its rare enough for the constructicons to go anywhere in simple pairs, alone? Unheard of. Yet here he is, lingering at the edge of the sea in alt mode as his shovel drags to and from along the waterline. The brute is-! ... he's.... well its hard to tell what he's doing. He just seems to be tossing sand, grit, and liquid around.

Hammerstrike has posed:
    Hammerstrike had not been far off from the rust seas on a patrol with Hyperdrive. But then there was a call that had come in about a skirmish some ways off. It was too far, perhaps, to get there in time, but nonetheless it was best to be prepared. Hammerstrike was on guard as he lumbered closer to the Rust Seas. They were too far off to properly respond to the distress, but it might be evidence of more attacks to come, and patrols were instructed to close ranks accordingly. Even in the urgency, Hammerstrike's pace was deliberate and steady, if not a bit slow - poorly matched with the speedy and high energy cadet.
    It wasn't long, however, before an excavator came within sight. An unfamiliar one. Hammerstrike squints at the piece of machinery, something quite like his own altmode. Although, from the size of its boom, he gathered was for a different purpose.

Hyperdrive has posed:
Hyperdrive was out blowing off some steam with Hammerstrike when he heard that that new guy might need some help. Of course he's having to keep circling the big mech as he travels along and at decides to take a short cut through the shallower water. Since he's a hovercar, he's not as worried about going over small stretches of water at the edge of the sea and all. He isn't expecting to run into a decepticon and nearly crashes into a rock when he stares at the con rather than where he's going. Acking he quickly speeds back towards Hammerstrike. "Ya see it too I guess."

Scavenger has posed:
Observers unnoticed, Scavenger pauses in his mess making. The shovel, formerly tossing and jabbing into the ground, slows until it is gently pushing debris to the side. With a distinctive TSCH TSCH, Scavenger's form changes and he kneels down to the hole he's haphazardly dug. He shoves dirt around, pulling his hands back as they hold tightly to- What was that? Hearing something disturb the shallows, Scavenger's helm snaps up.

Hammerstrike has posed:
    Hammerstrike takes a step back when Hyperdrive comes speeding back to him. He nods with that perpetual sour expression on his face as his hand reaches back, grasping the haft of his large hammer. He keeps a wary optic on Scavenger, and then looks down at Hyperdrive. The mech hesitates, then looks back at the lone Decepticon and begins scanning the horizon, as if expecting to find more of them. Slowly, he continues along his route. "Be ready." He bruskly cautions Hyperdrive.

Hyperdrive has posed:
Hyperdrive speeds around again in a wider circle. This time purposely going up on any highspots, trying to find out if Scavenger has backup. He comes speeding back to Hammerstrike, "I'm not seeing anyone with him....."

Scavenger has posed:
Scavenger stands, shoving the dug up prize into his subspace as his visor scans the area with long sweeping glances. It doesn't take long for the constructicon's gaze to land on the approaching mechs, even shorter of a time to identify AUTOBOT. Fists clenched, Scavenger turns to glare at the approaching mechs, "What do you want, Autobots?" He spits out, loudly so he can be heard across the admittedly short distance.

Hammerstrike has posed:
    Hammerstrike's gaze bares down hard on the other excavator mech. His hand never lets go of his weapon, though it is not yet drawn. For a moment, there seems to be a hesitation, a pondering. But then Hammerstrike's features, already grim, harden further. "Leave. Now." Hammerstrike calls out to the Decepticon as he finally draws his weapon, indicating that he is ready to use it if his demands are not complied with.

Hyperdrive has posed:
Hyperdrive stays closer to Hammerstrike for the moment since he isn't exactly up to fighting scavenger alone. but he's more than ready to fly away from the big mech's side to attack if he needs to or if he needsd to check the area again to keep them both safe from incoming cons.

Scavenger has posed:
Scavenger sneers around his faceplates as Hammerstrike gets straight to the point. Feet firmly planting in the ground, the decepticon rams a fist against his open palm and presses a shick of air from his hydraulics, "And why should I, autobot? Not like your kind own this the wastes. And last I checked, I was here first." Hyperdrive gets a glance, as do their surroundings.

Hammerstrike has posed:
    Although Hammerstrike's face remains unwaveringly fierce, he once again seems to hesitate after Scavenger says his piece. Hammerstrike looks down at Hyperdrive who is sticking close to him. Then Hammerstrike's grip tightens, and rather than justify his hostility or even try to fabricate a claim to the contested territory, the large mech charges at Scavenger, swinging his hammer in a wide arc at the Constructicon. Hyperdrive isn't really given any direct orders and is left to his own wits and training on how to assist, if he cares to at all.

Hyperdrive has posed:
Hyperdrive isn't exactly sure if they do have a right to order the con off. But at least he's not acurrently doing anything evil right? Or is he? Hard to say with the cons. Especially the weird green colored ones. He hovers back a little and tries to check the surroundings again.

Scavenger has posed:
Scavenger tenses as the Autobot charges, moving too slow to properly block the coming attack. It hits him full force, choking the thick air from his vents as he stumbles back. Liquid sloshing around his wheeling feet as he braces, Scavanger can't let that aggression go unmet. Yelling out a warcry, Scavenger reels back a fist only to strike out with a kick to Hammerstrike's midsection.

Hammerstrike has posed:
    The kick connects with Hammerstrike, forcing the mech to stake a reeling step back, red water splashing from the commotion. However, he manages to catch his balance and straighten himself out. While Hyperdrive may have reservations on whether this unprovoked assault is right, Hammerstrike shows no further hesitation or sign of letting up. He just listens for any reports from Hyperdrive of possible backup as he lunges forward with a contemptuous but not enraged demeanor. Hammerstrike readjusts the grip on his hammer, loosening his grip on the haft and letting the hammer slip down until he grips it right at the base of the head. Using the added weight of the heavy object, he attempts to throw a right hook aimed at Scavenger's head.

Scavenger has posed:
Again the hit lands true, sending the constructicon staggering a few more feet as his vision fritzes for an instant- red water rising to his knees as he continues to be forced back. Scavenger growls, lunging forward with flying fists to try and tackle the larger construction alt to the ground.

Hammerstrike has posed:
    An onslaught of fists pelt Hammerstrike's sturyd armour, and the ground (water?) he had gained quickly recedes as each blow forces him back. Hammerstrike glances about as Hyperdrive is called away. It seems there's never a dull moment for the Autobots whose forces are stretched thin. Hammerstrike looks back, regarding his opponent for a moment. Then he grints his dentae and takes a few more steps back, creating some distance between himself and Scavenger, gripping his hammer tightly.

Scavenger has posed:
Hammerstrike retreats and Scavenger follows, landing back on dry ground as his opponent's ally scurries away. A harsh grin stretching his features, the decepticon taunts, "Looks like you're alone, Autobot!" As he pulls back to deliver another punch to Hammerstrike's form.

Hammerstrike has posed:
    Hammerstrike glares at his opponent as the conflict continues. Hammerstrike raises one forearm to try and deflect the worst of the punches, but they still manage to do some damage. Grimacing, the Autobot lowers his arm, still with an iron grip on his hammer, holding it low. "Which means we're even." Hammerstrike then heaves his hammer in an upward swing in an attempt to knock Scavenger back.

Scavenger has posed:
Scavenger lurches forward, intent to deliver another blow to the other's helm. Only that puts him in the exact wrong place at the wrong time. Caught entirely off guard, the hammer rushes up and catches the decepticon right in the chestplates. The strike does its job and Scavenger goes flying backwards, tripping over his own limbs to land aft first in the water he just managed to leave. Visor wide, Scavenger is now the one to go on the defensive, raising his arms to protect sensitive components.

Hammerstrike has posed:
Hammerstrike looms over Scavenger as he is forced onto the defensive. Hammerstrike raises his hammer and lunges forward, his shadow cast over the COnstructicon. Surely, soon the hammer would fall for another crushing blow. But Hmmerstrike hesitates. Weapon still raised, the mech looks down, blue optics dim. "Let this be a lesson." A lesson to what, Hammerstrike isn't clear. After all, Scavenger was just minding his own business when Hammerstrike attacked. "Go."
    Hammerstrike does not drop his guard, but he gives Scavenger the opportunity to retreat should he take it.

Scavenger has posed:
Scavenger waits for the hit to come, jaw locked and frame tense... but it doesn't come? Visor blinking back to life- when did it offline?- he sneaks a glance through the crack in his raised arms to see the Autobot simply looming over his frame. A lesson? He was just minding his own business! But the opportunity doesn't go unseen. Scooching back a few slow feet, liquid now seeping into every seam, Scavenger rolls onto all fours then two feet. Grimace clear, Scavenger gets in a bitter, "frag you Autobot!" Under his ventilations before whipping around to run back towards the city. A short distance away he pauses, pulling something out of his subspace, "Fine you want it, then take it!" And throws an object, the object he dug up, at Hammerstrike's feet. Well... near his feet. Its kind of off to the right. Either way as soon as it hits the ground, Scavenger is back to retreating.

And on the ground: A twisted piece of glass, worn smooth by the rust sea.

Its trash.