706/War Games: Praxus 4-1

From Transformers: The Dark Eras MUSH Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search
War Games: Praxus 4-1
Date of Scene: 16 December 2018
Location: Praxus
Synopsis: The Decepticons capture Praxus, but at the cost of the Helix Gardens
Cast of Characters: Buzzsaw, Prowl, Valour, Soundwave, Knockout, Hyperdrive, Scavenger, Starlock


Prowl has posed:
    The skies above Praxus are alight with the fires of war, as the battle rages fiercely on the ground and in the air. Citizens have either fled their homes or are cowering in bunkers...and those who were unfortunate enough to be unable to run or hide are falling like matchsticks in the streets.

    Near the heart of the city is the beautiful Helix Gardens, where the Autobots have set up a temproary base of operations and Prowl is busy coordinating his forces. But they keep getting forced to fall farther and farther back, until the Cons are practically on top of him. If the Bots can't hold the line on the last stand, Praxus may become Decepticon territory--at least for the time being. Well, at least the crystalline structures in the gardens make for good cover and potential distractions.

    From his vantage point, Prowl scopes out the opposite, and identifies a target of interest...

Starlock has posed:
Starlock was nervous, a large number of con's had been spotted and the Alarm had gone out, she'd flipped open her vitals panel to keep on optic on her team mates, and deployed her spare tank for those that needed it, and hopped into the cockpit of one of the defenses.

By what she could tell by the number of cons compared to Bots, this was definitely a hopeless endeavor, course she wasn't going to voice this aloud, even though she did hold onto a slight hope that maybe, maaybe they could win this, but in the back of her head, she thought at least all she could do was give them hell.

Hyperdrive has posed:
Hyperdrive is here to help out. Not sure how much help he's going to be. Either way he tries to focus on those he knows are trouble. So optics spy scavenger and he tries to say hi.

Buzzsaw has posed:
Buzzsaw glides overhead, his systems running quiet as he surveys the 'battlefield' below, carefully picking through targets, priorities, and feeding the bird's-eye view back to the team so they can do much the same.

Mmm... Starlock. He makes a note to 'visit' the medic in due time, but then...hmm. Prowl.

Either way, he turns his attention proper to the defenses themselves and feeds things back to Soundwave. <<Identifying potential structural points worth exploiting.>>

Soundwave has posed:
Like Prowl, Soundwave surveys the battlefield, red visor adding to his fantastic hearing and other outlier senses to constantly take in data and make new decisions. The fight is going well so far, but he knows not to get cocky about it, especially if Prowl is on the scene. "<< Decepticons, advance. Operation: Praxus Will Be Ours. Flank their ranks, close in when they can't see through the smoke and fire. Warning: we are approaching the Helix Gardens. Attempt to minimize damage; Helix Gardens are an important cultural and mineral resource. >>"

With that out of the way, he turns to scan for a path of his own through the carnage only to get blasted suddenly by Starlock's barrage. The truck gets bumped back slightly, then with a grunt he begins rolling forward, sustaining some slight damage. "<< Buzzsaw, report. >>" The report comes quickly- but of course. "<< Excellent. >>" With Buzzsaw's new data, Soundwave locks his missiles in on a likely target and fires.

Knockout has posed:
Knockout may want to teach the Autobots a lesson they won't forget, but he's uninclined to sacrifice the Helix Gardens for the sake of teaching. He does have some small appreciation for pretty things, even if they aren't vehicles.

He makes his way towards the Autobot base and opens fire on a part of the construction that's hopefully important to structural integrity.

Scavenger has posed:
Scavenger advances with the decepticon lines, ignoring that the odd 'con scout or minibot may use him for cover. He hears the orders and hesitates from just charging in like he tends to do. Instead he hangs back and waits for a good moment to strike with the others as they advance on the flanks.

Of course that doesn't mean the constructicon stops shooting. Hyperdrive also gets a rude gesture for the shot that pings off his plating.

Valour has posed:
    Valour flies overhead, diving down to approach the Autobot position in Praxus. While he doesn't give voice to it, he is relieved that, as far as the Decepticons are concerned at least, the Helix Gardens will be spared. The fact that the Autobots are using it for cover is disgraceful, but what can you do when facing a cowardly foe with no concern for Cybertron's history? Valour is just going to have to be judicious with his attacks, he thinks, as he arms his missiles and tracks for targets.

Valour has posed:
    Spotting a likely target, Valour unleashes a surgical strike of smart mini-missiles, programmed to explode harmlessly before impact of they miss their target.

Prowl has posed:
    Well Prowl had figured that if Soundwave was going to be the one to lead this charge, which he had counted somewhat likely, trying to 'save' the Gardens from destruction would probably serve to his advantage. He can tell already when the Decepticon launches the rockets, how the outlier had aimed carefully, trying to crack the base's structural integrity without damaging those beautiful yet fragile crystals. While the rockets don't directly hit any of them, the vibrations caused by the explosion does rattle them some.

    << Hyperdrive, get out there and do what you do best--create disarray among Soundwave's forces. We can't let them coordinate their attacks on key structural vulnerabilities or this battle is lost. Starlock--you're on support--make sure he doesn't get himself killed. >> Though that shield of his should do them both some good.

    He enters one of the defense modules in the outer wall and loads a phosphex shell into one of the heavy artillery launchers before firing it into the Cons' midst. -That- should give them something to think about!

Starlock has posed:
Starlock grunts as the defenses are rattled, yep, their hyper focusing on them, exactly what she thought would happen, she'd use the targeting system and try to get a lock on the cons out in the open, knowing she was likely going to regret her decision. She'd slap on her commlink as she saw Hyperdrive's vitals fluctuate, keeping the line open as she started firing at the cons.

"<<Careful out there Hyperdrive, I have at least four.. no five, con's on my targeting system, pretty sure there is a sixth by the number of shot's I've felt ring out a crossed this thing... Already aware Prowl, doing what I can.>>"

With that, she rolled out of the defenses and picked up her tank, following after Hyperdrive.

Hyperdrive has posed:
Hyperdrive transforms and moves to speed into the midst of all the chaos. He's going to try and do what Prowl told him to, but it will probably take him a little bit to get out into the best position. So for now he transforms and goes for a wide arc, shooting at Scavenger again just because...well it's fun to shoot him.

Buzzsaw has posed:
Buzzsaw turns his attention squarely on the base, frowning at the 'operator' tucked away inside. <<I'm picking up a signature of an Autobot directly controlling the base. The defenses can be...stalled momentarily with a precise strike. Valour, I am delivering you a firing solution to take advantage of. Make the best of it.>>

Well, this should go well....

Valour has posed:
    Valour fires off his missiles and pulls up, but not before being strafed by Starlock's base defenses. Wobbling in flight, Valour peels around and changes his target - he needs to take out those turrets, or the Autobots will be able to pick off the Decepticons' numerical superiority. Not messing around with mini-missiles this time, Valour loads out higher-firepower rockets, and banks back around to do as much damage as possible without harming the Gardens themselves. Receiving Buzzsaw's data, Valour makes a final flight correction, and then lets loose with his attack.

Soundwave has posed:
Those blasts from the base are massive and Soundwave is nowhere near as agile as many Cybertronians, leaving him to bear the brunt of the assault. The truck is flung far back this time, chunks of armor plating torn off his sides as he bleeds purple energon. Still- the battle must go on. Transforming, the Decepticon spy shakes his head, then staggers back to his feet, one leg slightly mangled but still functional. He's injured, but still determined. The Con forces are making there way through and Buzzsaw is doing excellent work, as always. Soundwave lifts his arm and aims his Ion Blaster at a seemingly vulnerable spot of the base, firing.

Knockout has posed:
Knockout utters some colorful curses as enemy fire rains down on him. Maybe he shouldn't have touched up his paintjob before coming out here... he takes his anger out on the base. Hey, it's a constructive (destructive?) way to vent, isn't it?

Scavenger has posed:
"OW- SLAG YOU- OW!" Scavenger finds himself getting smacked again and again by gunfire across his frame. Then Hyperdrive comes in real close. "Take this you little fragger!" And Scavenger aims a fist at the quick minibot thats quickly becoming less annoyance more target on sight.

Starlock has posed:
Unable to get out of range of fire, Valour's missiles do their damage, smoke, boiled paint, a large black blast mark, and a open leaking wound in her armor, with a nearly in operable arm are clear signs of this, she's panting in obvious pain, just as equally ticked, but she stands, throwing away her broken glasses, revealing purple markings that adorn her optics.

She'd just rolled out of the defenses right when she'd been hit by them, weighing her options she took the time to at least stop the leakage before having another go at them, or attempting to get to Hyperdrive.

"<<Ssshk... I've taken so-so-some serious damage. Ssssshk.>>"

Prowl has posed:
    "Damn it..." Prowl mutters. Things aren't looking good. << Hyperdrive? Hyperdrive where are you?! >> But it seems he has lost contact with the other 'Bot, and Starlock isn't in good shape.

    << Hyperdrive is MIA, we'll have to search for him later if possible. >> He identifies the one who destroyed Starlock so hard, and aims a missile at the seeker!

Buzzsaw has posed:
Vulnerability. Weakness. Buzzsaw watches the destruction leveraged on Starlock with a hint of...well, glee, and he quickly rolls up to get a quick burst of altitude before inverting into a dive, the blades on his wings exposed and ready to rip through anything in his way as he zeros in on his...well, prey, for lack of a better word.

Because that is exactly how he's looking at the beleagured medic right now. Hapless prey.

Valour has posed:
    Valour targets the Autobot handling the Autobot defenses, and his strike rings true. However, that puts him close enough that Prowl's missile hits him nearly point-blank range. Smoke billows from the tetrajet as he struggles to stay aloft, one of his engines burning. However, even with the damage and pain, Valour doesn't give up. Even if it costs him his life, he banks around for another go at the defenses, spinning up his Rotary Cannon and strafing the installation.

Soundwave has posed:
Soundwave's injuries continue to wear him down, but he's still capable of inflicting damage on the other side's defenses. "Prowl... coward. Hiding behind and risking existance of place of beauty. Mistaken, if he thinks that will earn him victory." Yes, Soundwave is feeling not only rather sour from his wounds, but the callous disregard for cultural resources. "<< This. THIS is why the Decepticons are right. Autobots pay lip service to noble ideals, do not follow through when it counts. >>" Scowling under his faceplate, Soundwave fires off another volley of shots at the base.

Knockout has posed:
Knockout pauses in shooting up the base defenses when he realizes that the pain and warnings from all those shots he took are only getting worse, and they're getting worse at an alarming rate.

Gardens and territory are nice and all, but Knockout values his own wellbeing more. He tries to patch up the worst of the damage he's taken, doing his best to keep out of sight and avoid notice.

Scavenger has posed:
Scavenger misses his punch but finds himself distracted by other things, like more incoming fire he wasn't prepared for. Swearing loudly, the fire from other 'bots. He nearly collapses to one knee. He's not going to go down NOT shooting! Scavenger once again raises his weapon and fires at the structure looming ahead.

There a doctor in the house?

Starlock has posed:
Starlock whined in pain, but sneered, rolling back into defenses, she lost sight of Hyperdrive... Right, can't do her job, time to do what she can, She really should of retreated then and there but... She wasn't going to leave Prowl and Hyperdrive out there, and if she was going to go dwon...Right.

"<< Understood Sir.>>"

Prowl has posed:
    Soundwave's forces are closing in on all sides...slag it, the base is practically in shambles by now. He opens the comm as he starts to roll out of there. << The city is lost. But let's make this cost them as much as we damn well can before we get out of here. >>

    Then he catches sight of Buzzsaw divebombing Starlock, and launches a grenade into the air at the bird and anyone else up there attacking from above.

Buzzsaw has posed:
Buzzsaw watches the turrets rather ineffectually turn towards him, stepping casually to one side to get out of their line of target aquisition. That's well and good, but then there's an explosion of shrapnel courtesy Prowl. Annoyed, and with the mix of energon from both his assault on Starlock and his own injuries running down his frame, he just collects himself, folds his wings in against his form, and stares stoically from his perch at the Autobot medic.

"War comes with costs, Starlock. As much as I would enjoy having conversation with you, my duty is to ensure that the Autobots truly acknowledge their efforts do not come without due sacrifice. You've a smart mind. You would do the future Cybertron a great service... but for now, you are my enemy, and as such, I must leverage your pain to hurt those I disdain. My sincerest apologies."

The mortar canon on his weapon-sled pivots down to take aim at the medic and fires.

Soundwave has posed:
Soundwave catches sight of Prowl beginning to ...retreat? Certainly, the emotions and snippets of thoughts that he can sense from the Autobot forces are grim- which is good news to him. They seem to be winning. However, he knows better than to count his petro-eggs before they're hatched. Jaw set, the Decepticon spymaster radios Buzzsaw and Valour as they seem to take fire, then focuses on shooting the legs out from under the struggling Autobot base.

Knockout has posed:
Knockout heads straight for Scavenger, repair kit in hand. "Hold still, you," he grumbles, and gets right to work patching up the other 'Con.

Scavenger has posed:
Scavenger stays put, as he was firmly told over comms by their resident bright red medic. He continues to shoot as the medic slides up behind him, "Got it." Well, he stays mostly still. His weapon is STILL firing at the defenses with stubborn spite. "Thanks, doc."

Valour has posed:
    Valour is hit again, and this time, it's too much to keep aloft. He banks around one last time and dives for defenses, but the pain and damage is too great. Instead of transforming, he slams into the base at half-speed, doing little damage to it, but quite a lot more to himself. Ignominiously, he slides down the side of the defences and settled at the bottom like a crumpled aluminium can. It's not just the losers who are sore.

Starlock has posed:
Starlock knew her systems where blaring their alarms, everything was damaged, she couldn't feel her arm, there was a lot of energon pooling in the bottom of the turret. The turret was low on energon itself, She'd huff out, before coming in over the communications in a horse voice.

"<<Eheh.. Going to need to pull me outta here boss...>>"

She'd start pulling her broken aft out of the turrets, giving Buzzsaw a stink optic, not even gracing to answer his monologue, and in a completely chaotic turn of events and aimed her own pistols at the cons down below, specifically Buzzsaw's boss.

"Yeah yeah yeah, I get it, sorry, but not sorry."

Prowl has posed:
    Prowl watches as the explosion hits both Buzzsaw and Valour, and a measure of satisfaction is felt as the seeker crashes and burns. But Buzzsaw seems to be too stubborn to give up, and continues to harangue Starlock. Certainly medics were already fairly few and far between, and their skills were in high demand.

    Seeing as the bird has landed, he transforms and speeds toward him, only to transform again and attempt to -grab- the smaller mech and throw him into the base's crumbling walls.

Buzzsaw has posed:
Buzzsaw chuckles softly. "If you insist that to be the case, who am I to argue it." He reloads a mortar into the chamber and, rather abruptly, his aim is jostled and thrown off course by Prowl's valiant charge into the fray to toss the bird against...a wall.

Wonderful. The impact is...bearable, but it only aggrivates prior injuries, and he slumps down before bringing his attention sharply to the Autobot pair, his own energon pooling near where he finally settles. Still, he stands upright and as straight as he can manage to posture before exploding in a flury of movement, taking flight to -at first glance- get distance...though not without tearing through something on his way out.

Soundwave has posed:
The defenses are weakening... victory is near. However, it is most definitely not without a cost, as Starlock's pistol fire pelts Soundwave in the head, causing it to jerk back and his entire frame to step to the side as arms are raised defensively. But- that's fine. Shoot him, not his datastick soldiers. Family. Even as injured as he is, he'll gladly take damage for them. However, *Prowl* goes after the bird, causing the Con's fists to clench and red visor to flash as he plots the Autobot Commander's destruction. ...But not today. He must focus on what is important. "<< Decepticons... the Autobots are weak. Take down those defenses. >>" Still... as he tries to take a step forward and nearly falls down from the dizziness from his multiple injuries, he realizes he must call for some aid. "<< Knockout... assistance required. >>" For him- and maybe Buzzsaw, too.

Scavenger has posed:
Scavenger glances back to Knockout as yet another call goes out for his help, "Go on, I'll cover you."

Knockout has posed:
"Going. Thanks." Once Scavenger has been seen to, Knockout heads for Soundwave. "How're things going on your side?" he asks as he begins some quick repairs. "Autobots just don't know when they're beaten?"

Starlock has posed:
Starlock was somehow still conscious, likely not for long though, given her blurring vision, least Prowl was here to help carry her, it was ether the defenses would crumble, or they were going to retreat, but due to being in prowls grasp, she suspected the latter.

she'd aim one last time. "<<Medbay, be ready for in-coming casualties.>>"

Hyperdrive has posed:
Hyperdrive is...wow, he's torn about damaging what was so pretty an area. He speeds around the other direction, aiming to go straight down the middle of the decepticons. He isn't happy. And there's a moment's hesitation as he streams through the decepticons, attempting to avoid being struck by them. In the thick of things he drops an unassuming contraption and then tries to veer out of the area as quickly as possible. He did at least try to have the cons taking the brunt of the damage but there's sure to be shockwave damage from the blast.

Prowl has posed:
    Hmm...despite the fact that the base is coming down already, it seems the Decepticons have faltered a bit, and their assault has waned in intensity. But why now, when their opponents' defenses are the weakest? Why now, when they were so close to victory? Prowl can only guess that it has something to do with Soundwave's concern for the Gardens' continued existence, as many of the crystalline structures would be irreparable if destroyed completely. Well he'd be damned if he didn't take advantage of every opportunity that presents itself.

    So he attacks with renewed vigor, seeing that Buzzsaw -still- isn't down yet and -still- won't give up dogging Starlock. He tries to get between the two of them and fire another missile at the condor.

Buzzsaw has posed:
Buzzsaw works on getting altitude, his flight faltering momentarily as Starlock's little parting gift rips through one of his flight surfaces and manages to catch the ridge of one of his optics. It's unpleasant, but he re-routes visuals through his sensors and feeds back telemetry to Soundwave. <<Systems are...not quite critical, but I will require assistance after this. Make it count, Soundwave.>>

Soundwave has posed:
"Situation is... maintainable. Require assistance and can rejoin battle," Soundwave monotones as Knockout gets near him. "No, they do not wish to acknowledge when they are beaten. Spiteful." He casts a baleful glance towards Prowl's direction. "We will force them to acknowledge their-" KABOOM!

Ok, maybe the Autobots are not as defeated as he thought. With a growl that reverberates in his distinctive monotone, Soundwave turns to spy Hyperdrive fleeing. That little.... No. As much as Soundwave would like to shoot the Autobot, his focus must remain on bringing the bases down.

"<< ...Decepticons... >>" He nearly wheezes, several alarms flashing on his HUD, "<< Attack! >>" This is their last chance. Scavenger and Valour are down, he's barely functioning, Buzzsaw's been hit.... yes, they need to make this count- or retreat. Buzzsaw sends data down to him. "<< I... plan to. >>" He braces himself, feeling rather unsteady by now- and fires for the last time.

Knockout has posed:
Knockout hums in acknowledgement as he works. "Right, right. With any luck, they'll get the hint and leave."

He's just about finishing up when something explodes next to him, close enough for him to feal the force and heat. Luckily for him, he was just far enough away from the blast to not suffer anything worse than being coated with dust and soot. "Hey, I'm WORKING here!" he screeches towards the Autobot base, and furiously opens fire at the defenses.

Starlock has posed:
There is a sadness, that maybe even Soundwave can sense, at the sight of the explosion, She'd tried hard to help fix those crystals, and protect them... Seeing the defenses going down didn't help.

She got a shot on Buzzsaw, guess she could take that victory as her optics started dimming, time to at least Try and get out of dodge with Prowls help.

Prowl has posed:
    Finally, with Soundwave's crushing blow, the Autobots' base crashes toward the ground as Prowl transforms and books it out of there, swerving between the various crystal structures to cover his retreat, with the rest of the Autobots doing the same.

    But now, the Decepticons have somewhat of a mess to deal with. What remains of the destroyed Autobot facility threatens many of the Helix Gardens' largest and most beautiful exhibits, and there is already fire everywhere. Speaking of fire, Soundwave and Buzzsaw probably know by now that the base had been equipped with an auxiliary generator which was used to boost the output of the weapons' firepower if needed. This generator is located at the center of the structure on the ground level. With all the damage that has been done to the base's power systems, the device is sparking and ready to blow...and it could set off a chain reaction that would level the entire Helix Gardens!

    Fortunately, anyone with a basic level of technical knowledge would know that separating the fuel cell from the system and taking it far away from all the heat and fire should prevent such a catastrophe--if only it can be done quickly enough. It would also help if the fires were curbed at least somewhat, since it would be hard to get it away from the fire if the fire is -everywhere-.

Buzzsaw has posed:
Buzzsaw watches the structure start to collapse and sends the feed, along with a glimpse of that overloading generator, back to Soundwave...though, there's something clearly wrong. He turns his attention to the departing Autobots...and then the feed just goes dark and low energy warnings kick in.

<<Non-essential systems are entering standby mode... returning to the ground.>>

Clearly, the shrapnel hit something that's not terribly helpful to keeping him airborne, and he starts to slowly glide groundward, all but his own native and propulsion systems powering off to keep from outright crashing until he alights on the generator itself with a slight slump.

Studying the situation, he just plucks the fuel cells out and starts to take flight again. <<Deal with the fires. I'll be back.>>

Soundwave has posed:
Soundwave's shot seems to collapse what is left of the Autobot base defenses. His shoulder's slump with a note of relief, and he turns to Knockout. "Thank you." And yet... there's still work to be done. Moving isn't easy, almost all his systems are blaring at him with alarms, but... like Buzzsaw says, repair can come later. He makes his way to the generator to meet Buzzsaw there. Nodding to the bird as he takes flight, Soundwave replies to his fellow spy, <<"Acknowledged. ...Be careful.">> Now back to business. He has no firefighting skills but there *are* surely some coolant systems in place. The spymaster hacks into the interface quickly, searching for a way to activate safety protocols and saturate the area with coolants.

Knockout has posed:
Knockout does a quick survey of the area, taking note of what's left of the base and what's salvagable and what's not. <<"If you're trying to put out fires, I think /these/ will need to be in working order...">> he comms to the other Decepticons. He isn't really skilled at repairing buildings, but he can at least figure out the obvious, and shifts a bit of rubble so that some vital parts of the coolant systems are no longer blocked.

Prowl has posed:
    Buzzsaw's targeted gliding lands him on just the right spot, and he is able to remove the fuel cell. In the meantime, Soundwave and Knockout work on using the Gardens' coolant system to try to put out as much of the fire possible...which is only partially successful.

    As Buzzsaw tries to get the volatile components away from the chaos, a piece of burning debris from the destroyed base falls too close to him, causing the fuel to explode and turn most of the place into a blazing infnero. He had managed to get -some- headway, so some of the once-beautiful Helix Gardens might be salvageable, but unfortunately...most of it is gone.

    Also, hopefully Buzzsaw managed to get away from the thing before it blew up in his face. And if not, well, the Decepticons can put him back together--right? Of course.

Buzzsaw has posed:
It's about all Buzzsaw can do to react... Falling rubble, the cell gets ruptured...and instantly he's rolling away as the explosion envelopes him rather soundly... Though, at least he does come out of it on the other side even if he is a bit scathed and scorched...

And that's when the low energon levels finally hit, and the cryo-condor just finds a perch to slump on, powering off the propulsion systems for his sled and activating his location beacon, letting it just pulse as he watches the spreading fires coldly.

Soundwave has posed:
Soundwave does what he can, routing systems into a last-ditch effort to save whatever he can. Looking over, he spots Buzzsaw having difficulty with the cells... by the time the explosions hit, he's moving- heading towards Buzzsaw. The spymaster soon gets to Buzzsaw's location, offering an arm to perch on. "Good work, Buzzsaw. Operation Take Praxus Successful, but Autobots' level of spite... surprising. I will not underestimate that again."

Buzzsaw has posed:
Buzzsaw does what he can to get himself perched on Soundwave's arm, ignoring the fact one wing's not responding properly. "Nor will I. Rest assured, the countermeasures they put into their defenses to ensure this place was destroyed will be shared with Cybertron." He nods curtly, beak clicking in aggitation. "I'm ready to return to the base. My systems need several repairs."