959/Power Base Blast Pt 2

From Transformers: The Dark Eras MUSH Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search
Power Base Blast Pt 2
Date of Scene: 30 April 2019
Location: Sonic Canyons
Synopsis: Escapees make the perilous journey to the Autobot Outpost in the Sonic Canyons with Decepticons on the hunt.
Cast of Characters: Blurr, Blast Off, Onslaught, Nightlash, Swivel, 65, Vortex, 101, Hyperdrive, Tap-Out, Starlock


Swivel has posed:
A harsh wind blew through the Sonic Canyons, chilling everything in its path. The sound as it rushed over the various hollows and crevices sounded eerily mournful yet menacing. After time for respite, the dwindling remaining escapees are ready to begin their final push towards the Sonic Canyons outpost. Kickdown is taking the lead along the precarious ledges of the canyon, and Cambelt has opted to take the rear so she can monitor everyone's well being. Mostly to make sure the patch-job she attempted despite not being a medic didn't make anyone worse.

Meanwhile, Swivel had finally arrived at the Sonic Canyon outpost, hoping to find Starlock and maybe Nightlash there. She quickly enters the main tower, eager to evade the winds.

Further out, Decepticon teams to recapture the prisoners, dead or alive, have been dispatched.

Nightlash has posed:
At some point, probably when Starlock had opted to rest, Nightlash...disappeared. Sort of. Sure, there was a scrape in the ground where she opted out of using landing gear, though...most of that is from her crash. Either way, she's out of there, totally nowhere near the medic...

Instead, she's patrolling. The cloaking system is...not being used, she's just set on flying, and in all fairness, it's possible that the cloak doesn't even work right, because she still looks to be in rough shape.

The engines don't sound right, their pitch is off, and the usual thrum is instead a rather harsh, reverberating noise that just screams something is damaged. Oh, and then there's that plume of black smoke in her wake... But she's on a mission. Drone-less, on a mission, and scouring for the escaped Autobot prisoners who are still making their...escape. Or something.

Starlock has posed:
     Starlock is out on the defenses with a pair of binoculars, keeping watch for the group, she had her cape on to protect herself from the winds.. sort of.. No sign of Nightlash though, Starlock HAD found her the lunar-cycle before, but when she awoke form recharge, the other femme had left, all Starlock can hope was she went back to rejoin the escapees... The Medic had then decided to head back, to wait at the base.

     "Come on Lash... Can do this.. I know it's hard, but you can do this..." She'd mumble to herself as she kept looking out, even if no one heard anything, it was easy to tell Starlock was worried about something.

Tap-Out has posed:
Tap-Out makes his way slowly along the canyons. He keeps his optics on the other Autobots or the trail ahead, trying not to look down. Hearing the echo of a damaged aircraft, he does look up, freezing in place in case the craft is a Decepticon. Not that Tap-out has a lot of cover under which to hide if it is. Tap-out holds up a hand in case the other Autobot escapees didn't hear the engine noise over the sound of the Canyons. n

Hyperdrive has posed:
Hyperdrive has just spent a miserable night trying to 'guard' their little hideaway while Cambelt ws working on Tap-out. Now they were moving again and he kept looking back and forth to make sure that their little group was still together. Optics focus on Tap-out for a moment before talking, "Are ya doin okay Tap?" Hyperdrive himself is exhausted and still limping. He had been glancing around for another stick to use as a weapon or at least a crutch so he wouldn't have to put so much weight on his foot. He freezes when Tapout raises a hand and listens, trying to figure if he recognizes the engine. But....it doesn't sound right. Optics widen nervously.

Skywarp (65) has posed:
So Skywarp isnt going to let these prisoners stay escaped if he has anything to say about it. The Dark Seeker wasted no time in assembling a team of mechs to find the prisoners and recapture them. "One piece would be nice but Im not picky." he explained as he led the group toward the last known location of the escapees. "Lets make this quick and easy, ok, mechs." and with that he begins descending and doing sensor sweeps of the area in his attempt to locate the prisoners.

Vortex has posed:
Vortex has decided to chase down the escapees as well. "yeah, we gotta get our company and bring them home. They got lost and thought they were free. If we catch them, are we gonna question them this time or waste our time feeding them to Quake?"

Shadowstar (101) has posed:
     All that noise and smoke makes it pretty hard to miss Nightlash...which Shadowstar finds very suspicious as she flies nearby, her engines running in silent mode for the very purpose of not alerting any hiding prisoners of her location. She with the main group of Decepticons either, instead keeping a good distance from them so she might spot any 'turbofoxes' spooked by their engine noise. <<"Quick and easy is my favorite. Unless it is enerwine.">>

Onslaught has posed:
Onslaught is accompanying the Autobot hunt because he wants revenge for his brothers who were wounded in the attack. Also, it's been a while since he was out in the field and a mech doesn't live by spreadsheets and paperwork alone.

Blast Off has posed:
Blast Off is NOT feeling this. Chasing after a bunch of desperate Autobot prisoners barely hanging together as it is just isn't what this shuttle signed up for. Still, they *are* Autobots, right? Plus, Onslaught is here, so he is, too. The shuttle flies overhead, searching.... but not very hard. Hearing Shadowstar, he comments, "<< Well, of course. Something like enerwine requires a slow aging until conditions are *just* right... >>"

Swivel has posed:
Cambelt continues to keep the rear, humming a bit nervously until Tap-out stops. She also pauses, going quiet, hearing the sound of something overhead. She moves closer to the nearest mech, looking up with wide optics. "Is that...?"

Kickdown shakes his head. "Sounds like someone about to crash. Ignore it. Keep moving." Kickdown says gruffly as he continues to truge on forward. The small group are not exactly moving stealthily, but there is some cover afforded among the craggy and jagged contours.

Swivel heads up to where Starlock is anxiously looking out. "Sorry it took me so long to get here." Swivel says as she begins to check the viewscreens just to have something to do. "Any new developments?" Although she assumed anything new would have been mentioned over radio, she's not sure what else to ask. Swivel does reach over and place a calming hand on Starlock's shoulder.

And off ALL on his own, being even LESS stealthy, is Drivetrain, heading towards the sea. Although he got a head start on the other Autobots, he over-estimated his fuel reserves and has been forced to slow down. A lone target sure would be easy pickings.

Nightlash has posed:
Nightlash being deceptive? Never! She might be a sneak, but when has she ever hidden her intentions? It's just not in her. She's up-front about her brand of chaos.

That doesn't mean she doesn't notice the Decepticons, though... and she might even have spotted the minibots fleeing. Of course, it's not hard for the escapees to see her as she flies overhead and, without much in the way of warning or otherwise, just starts to draw the Decepticon fire.

Well, maybe not so much draw as just 'let's send something explosive that way and see what happens'.

And she really looks angry....if...you know, jets can look angry.

<<I have optics on the escapees, they're inbound, moving in the right direction... Also, Onslaught, Blast Off, Vortex, Skywarp... it's hot out here. Very hot. Uh... get the weapons ready, you'll need them.>>

Starlock has posed:
     Starlock nodded to Swivel, looking relieved to see the teal-femme, before looking back out with her binoculars. "....I found Nightlash, got her refueled and repaired best I could out here, she's in rough shape though.. Physically, and mentally, real upset 'bout her drone and was... Gone after I woke up though, so I came back here to wait."

     She'd take a vent through her denta. Her frame was running warm from the stress, and she was clearly antsy to get out there, but was keeping herself planted firmly at the base... Waiting, instead of just running around blind, looking.

     "No signs yet.. or commlinks--" She's cut off by Nightlash commlinking in, and she lets out a curse. "Slagging... You heard that, right Swivel?" Starlock would look over, she knew what she /wanted/ to do, but.. Well, she knew better then to do that, at least, right now wasn't the time for such.

Hyperdrive has posed:
Hyperdrive starts moving again as Kickdown says. he frowns, "Sounds like they're havin issues whoever it is....I..I'd say it was my friend but I don't think she's able ta fly." He keeps walking and frowns as all the noise of the canyon makes it hard to pick out anything else but the continuous sounds of the Wind and the canyon itself.

Skywarp (65) has posed:
Skywarp's spidey senses kick in and not a nano click too soon as suddenly a missle happens right at him. With the blink of an optic the black jet vanishes and the missle sails through the airspace Skywarp had just been. The jet reappears a few meters ahead and as he appears his sensors ping. <"Its hot, mechs. Lock and load and lets rock."> He relays the coordinates to the prisoners and banks over taking a shot at the first one he locks in on.

Vortex has posed:
Vortex flies in lower. "Oh hey hey look what we have here. You!" he calls out to the prisoners. "Go home. By home I mean back to the arena. We're not done with you yet!" oh he's playing.

Onslaught has posed:
Onslaught chuckles as Vortex taunts the prisoners. "Or, keep running -- you'll die tired but if that's your choice, so be it," he says. "I could use a run, myself. How about you, Blast Off?"

Shadowstar (101) has posed:
     <"I am not a mech."> Shadowstar replies as she flies toward Skywarp, ready to assist him. But...as she flies she spots a few interesting things. <"Heads up, Decepticons! One group here, and one lone prisoner off that way! Blast Off? You like more even odds. Maybe you'd want to go snipe the straggler?">

     Shadowstar however is going after the group. When it comes to prisoners, quantity is better. From her spot overhead she has a great angle of attack.

     And the poor prisoners soon find that it is literally raining missiles! Although each one is only about the size of a bullet, put enough explosions like that together and it can add up to some serious damage. She flies by after that and laughs. "Surrender is actually your best option, though! That way at least you'll survive!"

Blast Off has posed:
Blast Off flies not too far from his teammates, watching this whole thing unfold. He catches sight of the prisoners, too, but doesn't make any move, though his weapon systems gear up just in case. However, when Onslaught speaks to him, he responds quickly, "<< Yes. Yes! A good flight is always quite nice. >>" When Shadowstar talks about even odds, the shuttle huffs softly, "<< I think *anyone* facing *me* is not facing even odds, but *I* can't help that.... I'm just that good! But please, I'd hate to hog the spotlight, why don't you have your fun? >>" Also, that way he can avoid actually having to take potshots at these so-called targets.

Swivel has posed:
Swivel perks up at the sound of Nightlash. <<"Coordinates?">> She then looks to Starlock, "Yes I heard that." Swivel also remains planted where she is, managing to maintain a vaneer of calm about her, although her pinched features indicate some stress mixed with apprehension.

"Once Nightlash gets us coordinates, one of us will head out to help intercept them. The other ought to stay here and man the base in case the Decepticons come in range." Swivel pauses, her optic ridge furrowing deeply. The question was, who? On the one hand, sending the medic to do on-sight repairs might be best. On the other hand, Swivel could probably move more quickly and knows the terrain. After a soft sigh, then smiles a little, looking towards Starlock. "Starlock, you go on ahead, but be careful. I'll see what I can do about distracting the Decepticons - once they are in range." Swivel asks as she starts to see Decepticon signals show up on the outpost's radar.

Cambelt frowns, looking between Hyperdrive and Kickdown. "If it's a friend... shouldn't we try to help?" Cambelt asks, but she doesn't sound terribly convinced whether that is the best option either. Especially when she hears the roar of a missile overhead, causing her to yelp. Then looks up in wonder as it didn't even seem directed at them.

Kickdown begins to pick up his pace. "We can't wait around for anyone to find us. Or go looking for trouble." Kickdown says, the missile let loose by Nightlash a signal they better hurry up. Although, it seems he wasn't fast enough and the mech takes a laser to the shoulder. Letting out a curse, he puts his head over it and looks up. He brings up an arm, trying very hard to see if his onboard weapons are finally working. After straining, a slender cylinder unfolds out of his forearm and he returns fire. "We need to get a move on!" Kickdown shouts as Shadowstar rains mini-missiles down upon them, making even the ground beneath them perilous to walk upon.

Nightlash has posed:
<<And a Shadowstar...ugh. There's...a lot in the air here. Uh...coordinates inbound.>> She gets her mapping systems running to send said coordnates while cycling through her weapon systems and calls up her drone to- ...oh, wait. There's an audible sigh over the comms and she gets her internal targeting systems working on a solution. There's... three. We'll try three.

She rolls out her weapons cradle and cycles until she's found the system she's looking for, a trio of projectiles streaking out towards the aerial adversaries...

Well, primarily Vortex, Shadowstar, and that ANNOYING SKYWARP GET HIT YOU FOOL!

Tap-Out has posed:
    Tap-Out glances up under rockets' red glare, at bombs bursting in air. "Look out, guys! Sounds like our air cover is under attack. Brace for fireworks!" Almost on cue, mini-missiles rain down upon the small Autobot group. "Hyper! Kickdown! Protect Cambelt! I'll try to get high enough to engage!" He quickly begins climbing the canyon wall like a spider. Once he gets high enough, he pulls a tire off his shoulder and tries to fling it into Shadowstar's engine intakes.

Hyperdrive has posed:
Hyperdrive frowns as the're under attack. He yells and tries to move and reach out to Cambelt. He tries to throw some of the rocks he'd collected at the cons.

Starlock has posed:
     Starlock blinked at Swivel about to ask if she was shure but, no she thinks better of it, as from a tactical standpoint? She could get it. She takes a deep vent and nods when she's given the okay, she gives Swivel a exhausted, but.. grateful, smile, and stuffs away her cape, her battle mask slides into place and she looks back at Swivel. "I'll do my best.~"

     Once She has the coordinates, she launches herself off where she was, and transforms at the last second and blitz off in a streak of purple for the battle-scene. "<<On My way!!>>" She'd call over the commlink system...And she meant it, not realizing just how quickly she'd moved, keeping heavily focused on the coordinates...

     To those that didn't know her, a purple Mini-bus was probably /not/ what they expected. (specially for a medic) but the second she's near enough to see the fight and the Decepticons? She'd transform, going into a roll, the boosters on her pedes activating and she goes into a wide ark, and whips out her pistols, taking aim and opening fire on the first she sees dropping fire!

Skywarp (65) has posed:
All good things must come to an end and after dancing around all the incoming fire for a few clicks the black tetrajet pulls up suddenly to gain some altitude and distance from the unfriendly fire. It takes a lot of energy to be untouchable and Skywarp can't do it forever. He observes the battle for a moment then opens his radio, <"Blast Off? What are you not doing? Get in there! We can not let these bots stay escaped!"> And seeing as he just yelled at the mech not firing, Skywarp dives back doen into the field of play and opens fire at a randome bot.

Vortex has posed:
Vortex chuckles. "Are the throw. Are they. Guys. They're throwing rocks. Is that.. a mini-bus? I can throw stuff them bac.." He yelps as Nightlash hits him. "Rude!" He shouts. "Rude, rude, rude. We are not doing this again. Tonight! Im gonna send a missile right up your intake." he cackles as he releases a missile at Nightlash.

Onslaught has posed:
Onslaught grunts, readying himself for the attack. <Don't worry about Blast Off, Skywarp,> he says, over his radio. <He's better at a distance. Sniper, don't you know?> He allows some of his attention to shift toward Vortex, making sure the rotory doesn't get himself in over his head...again.

Shadowstar (101) has posed:
     One downside to making a flashy attack like a missile storm...you draw fire from lots of sources. Shadowstar is trying to gain altitude again when Nightlash's fire hits her, causing her to spiral for a few moments. Enough for Tap-Out to smack one of Shadowstar's engines with a tire and Starlock to get a good shot in at the same one. The purple tetrajet loses altitude and transforms to cushion her near crash landing.

     Then she looks toward Tap-Out. "Hey...I remember you." she says with a bit of a grin. "Well, I definitely can't let someone I helped capture get away. How would that look on my record?" she says as she pulls a twin-barreled rifle from her back. "This is just not your day. You should just give up now!" She fires on Tap-Out, sending two bolts of searing purple plasma toward him before she ducks into cover. <<"Someone please bring that Autobot flier down! She is almost as much bad luck as Goth!">> she radios to the others.

Blast Off has posed:
Whoops. Now the commander of the mission is calling him out. Blast Off erks slightly at Skywarp's reprimand, responding with a soft *huff* and more snootiness. Hey, it's as good an excuse as any. "<< These fustilarian fools are *hardly* worth the /time/ of someone as skilled as myself! >>" Fortunately, Onslaught chimes in. Blast Off agrees, "<< Yes, exactly, I am the eye in the sky, as it were. But if you *insist*... >>" Still, he doesn't want to be seen actively *avoiding* these... pitiful potshots. Hmm. He's tempted to shoot Starlock, but... guilt. Nightlash seems to have several already on her tail. Um. "<< Fine, there's a straggler somewhere, isn't there? I'll go find them. >>" He arcs away, searching for those missing 'bots.... namely Drivetrain.

Tap-Out has posed:
    Tap-Out's teal optics widen as he belatedly recognizes one of the Decepticons who led to his capture. "You!" he calls out, pointing directly at Shadowstar. Suddenly, for him, the rest of the combat fades away. Even the ones he's trying to protect - Cambelt, Hyperdrive, Kickdown - are all forgotten. "You are the reason I was captured!" he confirms. "You are the reason I was forced to kill my mates! You destroyed my life! You. Will. DIE!"

    Tap-Out's jovial mask is ripped away as he completely and rapidly descends into blind rage. The angry Mini-Bot breaks into a run, charging directly at Shadowstar. Her purple plasma bolts tear through the makeshift armor of his side, but he doesn't even seem to notice. Leaping right over her cover, he lashes out a heavy kick straight at her head.

Nightlash has posed:
There's an 'erk' as that missile strikes, shrapnel falling off her already beaten frame and going straight through one of her intakes. There's a boom, a rather notable ball of fire from her engines, and that black smoke following behind her grows all the more dense.

But she's still airborne, and in spite of how unsteady her flight is, she's still managing to get her elevators and ailerons to behave as she flies along, about to return the favor to Vortex when she spies Onslaught lining up a shot on Hyperdrive...

Target selected. Fire away!

<<Starlock, keep...an eye out on the escapees, they're...probably needing all the help they can get. I'll...see if I can peel some fire off them.>>

Starlock has posed:
     Starlock swerves into view now, getting her audials full of Tap-out losing focus, her mask slips back into her helm as she cups her hands around her mouth and calls out to the others. "KEEP MOVING!" She'd shout, before radioing Nightlash back. "<<On it, if you need repairs, don't hesitate to call in me.>>"

     She'd flip open her forearm panel, getting everyones readouts and nods, looking to Kickdown's readouts, but optic's up Shadowstar with a stink eye.... She can wait just a little bit longer, She'd skate her way over to join the escape's and did some quick work to at least stop the bleeding.

Swivel has posed:
Swivel watches Starlock speed off, and she's quick to assume the controls. She cycles through the different targets, selecting some of the more obvious ones. Originally, Blast Off was in her sights, but then he veered off out of range. Swivel squints, and unleashes the assault drones. <<"Yes, help them as best you can Starlock, I'll lay down some cover fire as well. Or at least, confuse the sky with more targets.">> Maybe unleashing the drones was insensitive considering Nightlash, but they seemed the best option.

Kickdown grunts as he comes under even more fire. "Just... keep moving..." he says, then sees Starlock arrive. He comes to a slow, allowing her to do her patching, but remains tense, keeping his optics apprehensively on the sky. Rather than return fire, the mech instead shows his gratitude by staying close to Starlock, ready to take hits on her behalf as they continue to head back to the outpost.

Cambelt trails behind, lacking the ranged weaponry to fight back effectively. "THank you so much!" Cambelt exclaims.

Meanwhile Drivetrain is nearing the boundaries between the Canyons and the Rust Seas.

Hyperdrive has posed:
Hyperdrive ducks the incoming fire and manages to not fall from the trail into the canyon. But then Tap-out leaves. And Hyperdrive's voice becomes Frantic. "TAP-OUT! TAP COME BACK! NO! SLAGGITATHEPIT! TAP!!!" He's now looking from where he is to where Tap-out has leaped and trying to judge if he can make it also. "COME BACK! DON'T LEAVE ME AGAI----*" Luckily for those with audios, Hyperdrive manages to short his vocalizer, though that doesn't stop him from trying to figure how to help out his friend. He pulls his spoiler from where it was shoddily reattached and swings it before launching it at Shadowstar.

Skywarp (65) has posed:
And now he git hit. That didnt feel too well on top of being low on energy. What did Blast Off just say? Confused the black Seeker wobbles in the air a bit then manages to head toward Blast Off. <"No...you..you stay here. I will. go myself..."> he takes a random shot at the bots in general as he heads off where he thinks the lone mech is.

Blurr has posed:
    News had reached the Decagon that a group of formerly imprisoned Autobots had escaped Decepticon custody and were booking it across the Sonic Canyons in an attempt to get to the Autobot-controlled base in the region. So Blurr had been sent to the site to assist in the extraction efforts.

    Zoom zoom! The speedster has already left the base and is headed toward Tap-Out as she is tussling with Shadowstar. << Tap-Out, I'm going to try to ground her. Grab onto me and I'll get you to safety before she can so much as lift a servo. >> He gets in close range to Shadowstar and fires the TechVolt!

Vortex has posed:
Vortex is still in the middle of the fray. "Oh, no!" he says. "I think my missile system is ...'defective." he targets Shadowstar. "Whoops!" he lets out a missile in her direction.

Onslaught has posed:
Onslaught isn't sure what hurts more: being hit by the Autobots, having missed his own target or having his team being blamed for the turn the battle has taken. His pride hurts, but the disorientation from the Autobot attack isn't helping either -- of course, seeing Vortex's totally accidental and no where near on purpose no seriously he's had problems with those missile systems before I swear I have documentation with the medics to back this up plus you know how rotories are so sorry about that Shadowstar but these thinsg happen oopsie does help a bit.

Blast Off has posed:
Blast Off has made his way closer to the Rust Seas, following what seems to be a trail of this elusive Drivetrain, when Skywarp tells him to circle back. He balks at that, nearly having the straggler in his sights!... not that that really excites him, given how pathetic these targets are. Still, he's calculating a return trip when KABOOM! The base fires on several Decepticons, including Vortex and Onslaught! Now the shuttle's attention has been captured and he rockets back towards the base, having no idea who shot his bro and Boss. THEY will know HIM soon enough, however! The shuttle soars over his flailing teammates and locks his targeting system on the base, firing back at the turrets in retaliation.

Shadowstar (101) has posed:
     There is a rather loud CLANK as Tap-Out reveals his hidden rage. Shadowstar's surprised expression is soon crushed inward by that flying kick that knocks her down and no doubt ends up with Tap-Out landing on her face once she is on the ground. "Gaah!" She rolls away as soon as she is able and gets back to her feet. "Even if you somehow escape, you couldn't hope to kill me you little-"

     Shadowstar's speech is cut off as one of the outpost's drones flies by and blasts Shadowstar, blowing off a section of her plating and causing sparks to fly from some system short circuiting. "Hyaa?! What the...we are in range of the defenses?!" she exclaims, looking just a smiiiidge worried. She tries to get back into cover, but with the damage she isn't fast enough to escape the incoming spoiler throw. "Wh-what the-?!" Shadowstar yelps as she is tripped up by the attack, causing her to fall forward. The attack itself didn't do too much, but she smashes a shoulder on a sharp piece of metal in the fall and it goes limp as connections are severed. <<"Gaaah! I hope you Combaticons know you are taking the blame for this! This op is a complete disaster because all of you felt like taunting and scanning rather than attacking!">> she radios, then her already pained expression turns almost as angry as Tap-Out's must be as she gets their replies.

     That expression is soon frozen on her face as Blurr suddenly pops up. "Guh! What are you doing he-" BZZZT! Shadowstar is stunned by the TechVolt. Just in time for a 'misfired missile' to come screaming down and catch her right in the chest plating. Tap-Out and Hyperdrive probably get quite a bit of satisfaction out of it. The poor purple seeker is left as very nearly just a pile of slag with a general femme-like shape. "...g-grk...I...will not forget this...any of you..." she manages, her vocalizer glitching and staticy.

Nightlash has posed:
Nightlash is...not shot back, but there's certainly a lot of chaos and destruction going on, and she watches it with a mild hint of pleasure. Especially when Shadowstar goes down. There's a twinge of regret it wasn't even her missiles that did it... that's a fight stolen from her!

And that means Vortex is now in her crosshairs again. She whips around and, in probably the most...peculiar of ways, goes to exact revenge on behalf of...a Decepticon she'd probably want to shoot anyway.

Don't ask. Just blow up.

Tap-Out has posed:
    Tap-Out kicks Shadowstar hard and then drops down to the ground. Not satisfied, he charges her again in blind, uncontrolled rage. "Roll! Arm! Whirlpool! Holohide!" he screams, deaf to Hyperdrive's attempts to snap him out of it and Blurr's plan to rescue him. "Silvertracks!" As weaponsfire comes in, disabling her, Tap-Out doesn't stop. "Broadstart," he chokes, jumping on her damaged form and resuming his attack. His punches slow as coolant runs from overheated optics but Tap-Out doesn't stop. He seems blind to everyone around him.

Swivel has posed:
Swivel can scarecely believe the readouts or the results on the screen. "The targetting system on here must have been optimized..." she mutters, unable to believe she'd have pulled that off on her own. While stunned in her disbelief two things happen. Blurr arrives on scene, causing Swivel to almost duck behind her control panel - even though it's unlikely he saw her in the first place. Then the Tower she's in gets hit with an orbital bombardment, causing the structure to shake a shudder. Although the worst of the damage was no focused in an area she was in, thus allowing her to avoid getting harmed herself. She peeks over the edge at her viewscreen again. "Come on come on... you're almost here..." Swivel says encouragingly although no one can hear her. Her hands hover over the controls, but this time she doesn't unleash an attack. The escapees are almost here, and it'd be an irresponsible use of resources.

"I can see the Autobot base!" Cambelt shouts with glee and relief. She redoubles her efforts, transforming and gunning for the base with the last of her strength. Kickdown also picks up his pace. "COME ON YOU STRAGGLERS! NO TIME FOR HEROICS!" Or revenge. Yes. That is directed at Tap-Out and Hyperdrive. Despite picking up his pace, Kickdown keeps a close optic on Starlock as if she were his lifeline. Which is why he isn't seeing precisely what Tap-Out is doing.

Blurr has posed:
    Blurr watches with mild satisfaction as Shadowstar is pretty much wrecked. "Well. That was a pleasant surprise." he remarks, though he doesn't really sound pleased. And then Tap-Out seems to be ignoring him, instead insisting on beating someone is already down. He grumbles and storms over to the minibot, and tries slapping him out of his blind rage. "Quit wasting your energon beating a dead sparkplug and get to the forward base or I'll knock -you- out too." he threatens.

Hyperdrive has posed:
Hyperdrive is still panicking as Tap-out is not retreating. He's trying unsuccessfully to squeak in Tap-out's direction. A rock is thrown in Tap-out's direction in sheer frustration. He sees Blurr trying to get Tap-out to come and watches the others two speeding off. He's looks back and forth and optics widen as Blurr STRIKES Tap-out. He's growl but well...it would sound really pathetic at this moment. But he catches himself and starts to limp in the direction that Cambelt and Kickdown went, turning around often to see if Tap-out is coming.

Starlock has posed:
     Starlock gave them a friendly two finger salute. "Medical Officer, Corporal Starlock, at your service." She'd smile at them, but look a head, right new problem with Tap-out and-- Oh, Blurr's taken care of it.. Alright then, not gonna look a gift-equine in the mouth.

     She'd slow her speed to keep with those that have injuries. "Don't worry about taking heat for me." She'd give a weak smile. "I'm one the Cons favorit shooting targets, cause they can't actually /hit/ me." She'd wink. "Get inside as soon as you possibly can, and take cover, Alright?" She'd instruct, keeping an eye on the combatants readouts.

     She'd look up, hearing a familiar sound, letting out a curse, of course, Blast off's bombardments where going to be an issue, she'd take in a deep vent, trying to calculate what to do.... She can't draw Blast Off to her, not yet. If Blurr was expecting her /not too/ communicate or talk to him, he was in for a surprise. "<<Blurr, if you can't get him to snap outta' it, i can drag him into base, we need to also get Blast off /off/ the base.>>" She'd radio.

     She was not about to let something like that get in the way of this mission... She'd see Camebelt go for the base, but Blast off was still there, and locked to Kickdown. "About to draw /a lot/ of fire, so, miight wanna get out of range." She'd warn, and take aim.

Vortex has posed:
Vortex cackles as he flies loser to shadowstar. "Pickin up the unconscious poeple.." and then he sees Blast Off take a hit "Minibot! You. Do. Not. Hit. Thrusters." and lo another of his missiles heads towards Starlock!

Onslaught has posed:
Onslaught is currently fighting on two fronts -- possibly three. The fight he's physically in as well as a battle over the Decepticon broadband channel to try and manage some spin control since Vortex decided to go all blue on blue (purple on purple?) on Shadowstar. As well as a minor skirmish via radio with Vortex and his self-destructive tendencies. As such, his attention is horribly, horribly diverted at a point where it probably shouldn't be...

Blast Off has posed:
Blast Off lets his feelings known to the Autobot Base, then starts swerving around to acess the rest of the situation when he gets hit by Starlock! The shuttle's engine grumbles at the hit, which fortunately doesn't do too much damage. Still, he might retaliate but... actually, Starlock might get surprised. The shuttle has business to attend to, a comrade to rescue- and then on top of everything, sees Nightlash strike his brother! WELL THEN. Nope, he has something he has to do. SomethingS. "<< You, I do have unfinished business with *you*... >>" He takes aim again, this time at Nightlash, and fires!

But he doesn't linger, instead zooming past the Autobot and making his way to Shadowstar to land. And is that... frag, Blurr's here? Yes, sitting there on the ground like a sitting duck is JUST where he wants to be right now, NOT. "<< Hurry, Vortex, get her in my cargo bay and let's GO! >>" His engines still running, thrusters still hot, he waits to zoom off and away again quickly.

Nightlash has posed:
Vortex is still in her sights since he's not running away or on the ground dying. She rolls out another missile, only to feel her airframe get rocked by Blast Off's shot. Again, she's sent into an uncontrolled roll as smoke pours out of a new hole, just one of many accumulated since the fight at the Power Base itself.

But that doesn't exactly break her tunnel-vision, either... Still, the incoming fire is enough to throw off aiming systems, so she foregoes the missile in favor of...well, being the missile.

Thrusters surge, a brief fireball trailing behind her as something internally ruptures, but...hey, she's picking up a pretty frightening bit of speed as she points her nosecone right at Vortex's face.

Tap-Out has posed:
    Tap-Out is slapped by Blurr, nearly knocking him over. Tap-Out looks up at Blurr, but instead of anger, only misery lingers in his hollow optics. Tap-Out nods silently and climbs shakily to his feet. Shadowstar's energon drips from his scarred hands. Tap-Out turns from Blurr and starts trudging like a zombie towards the Autobot base, not even looking at the other Autobots.

Swivel has posed:
Swivel stands up straight, sitting at the controls properly again. <<"Good job everyone! Starlock, don't worry about drawing Blast Off's fire, there are others more suited! Just get back to the base.">> Swivel is again questioning the decision to have sent Starlock. Swivel lays down some cover fire on a low setting. She doesn't aim at anyone, but is just trying to make approaching the other Autobots harder to approach.

Cambelt makes it to the Autobot borders, rolling up to the outpost. She transforms and heads inside, just about ready to collapse on the ground in relief.

As for Kickdown, he ignores Starlock's warning to put distance between them. "Medics are high priority." Is all he states, swerving to intercept Vortex' incoming missiles. That undoes some of Starlock's patch job, but he's still moving. However, despite what he said about medics, he also knows when he is beat. Kickdown accelerates, heading towards the base.

Hyperdrive has posed:
Hyperdrive is relieved that his friend is reatreating. His expression shows that he is beyond tired. Shoulders slump and he finishes his trudge toward the base, limping but no longer even looking up to see if the cons are going to attack or not. Everyone is headed back. That's all that matters. ANd then he can hide in his room and never come out later.

Starlock has posed:
     Starlock quirked a brow, alright then, again, not going to look a gift-equine in the mouth, She'd off at Kickdown, but give him a thankful, light bow, and nodded at Swivel's words "<<Will Do, just trying to ensure they fire at me and not my patients-->>" He voice is stopped when she realizes what's going on with Nightlash.

     She'd curse but make sure all the escapee's where infront of her, and ran up to Hyperdrive, throwing an arm around him and helping him towards the base, and would Tightbeam Swivel "<<Keep an optic on Nightlash, she may give chase or is /way/ to focused on them out of grief.>>"

Blurr has posed:
    "Ugh." Blurr groans as Tap-Out still seems to insist on refusing his help. Whatever, fine. "If you're going to refuse a ride, at least move a little bit -faster-." he says impatiently. And then Starlock starts ordering him around on the comms? What the frag? << You know, Starlock, I'm beginning to wonder if that one promotion you got is already starting to get to your head? I mean it wasn't -that- big of a promotion, really. Because I still -outrank- you, which means, in case you didn't know, that you -don't- get to tell me what to do. In fact, it's the other way around. And don't worry, -I'll- handle Blast Off. -You- just sit tight and wait until it's time for you to your job and fix the broken people, okay? >>

    Blast Off, Blast Off...oh, there. All sitting pretty on the ground waiting for--whatever the slag he's waiting for. Oh and this is the Sonic Canyons too, so that means plenty of rocks and metal shards around waiting to be broken off by any kind of vibration. So he transforms and charges at the Combaticon, the air popping as the sound barrier is shattered and the vibrations loose pieces of debris of...varying sizes.

Vortex has posed:
Vortex is just barely sputtering by. He moves to get Shadowstar, pulling a towline to her. "They're retreating now. I'd go after them but um. I think something's smoking." He admits, letting the bots go for now.

Onslaught has posed:
Onslaught weighs attacking the retreating Autobots against assisting his teammates in getting back to base and opts for the latter. "Vortex, let me help Shadowstar," he says, limping his way over toward Vortex. "You...you get back to the medics. You and Blast Off."

Blast Off has posed:
Nightlash strikes at Vortex and Blast Off aims his wing lasers around to strike back when a rumble that is NOT from his engines or weapon systems start to vibrate through him AND the canyon around him and- frag. He's a sitting petro-duck to Blurr's attack, all the rumbling and cracking and crashing of debris- not to mention the impact of Blurr's frame against his- is added to the rumbling roar of protest from the shuttle himself. His wing lasers immediately swerve around to fire some potshots back at the Autobot, but he can't really move until his job is done- or rather, Vortex's is. Thankfully, that's sooner rather than later. "<< Alright, you heard Onslaught- you're not in good shape yourself, Vortex. Stay in here and I'll get both you and Shadowstar to the medibay. >>" Then, whether Tex (or Ons) hitches a ride or not, Blast Off hightails it out of there, glad to finally be done with all this. Off to medibay he goes!

Nightlash has posed:
That impact...hurt. Sort of. She's rattled and something seems to just...snap inside her. She looks down at the battlefield and just...surveys things for a moment before her engines flare up, pop, misfire a bit, and then she simply rockets off in a direction that's...not towards the base, nor even towards Iacon. Just...off.

That-a-ways, her smoking contrail marking her departure.

Tap-Out has posed:
    Tap-Out trudges into the Autobot base and sits down on a bench. He stares at his own scarred, energon-covered hands, not really aware of anyone else around him. His own energon starts to pool under his feet from the blast he took from Shadowstar, but either Tap-Out doesn't realize, or he doesn't care. He seems content to just simply bleed on the bench, saying a word to no one.

Hyperdrive has posed:
Hyperdrive watches Tap-out sit and ignore the world. Hyperdrive turns and finds a corner to sit in on the floor preferably under one of the tables or berths. He doesn't complain or anything, he just quietly sits, letting the worst off mechs and femmes be worked on.

Swivel has posed:
Swivel was considering trying to corral Nightlash one way or another. But then she sees Nightlash beginning to crash. Swivel's optic ridges furrow. This is a tricky situation. Still, seeing the Decepticons departing, Swivel puts the defenses on Auto and heads down to where the escapees are gathering, searching for Hyperdrive in particular. At first she doesn't see him, as he's hiding under a berth. Then she pauses, gawking as Blurr once again gets disruptive and unruly on the commlinks. She sighs, grits her denta, and says nothing on the matter. Instead, she cuts in with, <<"Starlock... Nightlash went down - beaming coordinates. This lot look exhausted, but not critical. Nightlash, however... do you have the resources to assist her? If not, we'll wait and arrange for a better equipped rescue party.">> That probably won't resolve anything, but a distraction and refocusing might be helpful.

Cambelt is slumped on a bench, laughing to herself to let out all that built up tension. Kickdown leans against a berth, just relieved to no longer be on the run. He'll wait to be seen to. He'd wait an eternity if it meant pain blockers.

Swivel glances around, and finally spots Hyperdrive on her second look. She walks over and sits down beside him, scooting under the table with him, and wraps an arm about his shoulders. She doesn't say anything. She's just there.

Starlock has posed:
     Starlock rolls her optics, not even going to dignify replying to Blurr's at this point, petty grudge, She debates cutting his tightbeam off entirely, at this point he's going to do nothing but a slagging aft to her and twist everything she says... Hyperdrive likely catches the faint glow of tears but their quickly shoved away... She chooses not to mute the commlink, due to the situation.

     She'd look back and call after Nightlash but... She'd sigh out... Unforntally for Tap-out, he isn't going to get that luxury of death, Starlock had the the on site staff prep their medical bay, and getting the staff to get them all stable, before she replies to Swivel hollowly. "<<I have the spare resources, I can head out to bring her back, ensure this group, once stable, is transported back to the Medical bay.>>" she'd state, prepping a medical kit for her subspace.

Hyperdrive has posed:
Hyperdrive doesn't say anything. He doesn't even bother to look at Swivel. It seems he doesn't have to. The tension melts from his frame as he allows himself to go into recharge. There is a slight shift as he leans against friend, knowing that he's finally safe.

Blurr has posed:
    Blurr watches as Blast Off flies away like a coward when debris starts raining down. However, it doesn't bring him the sense of satisfaction that it always used to. In fact, nothing does. Not even the successful rescue of the former prisoners.

    He just goes back to the Canyons base, saying nothing to anyone, nor even looking at anyone. Instead, he opens a terminal and starts working on getting a search party for Nightlash.