994/A Series of Glitches

From Transformers: The Dark Eras MUSH Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search
A Series of Glitches
Date of Scene: 13 May 2019
Location: Beneath Garrus-1
Synopsis: Blast Off and Vortex attempt to escape via underground tunnels. Everyone is messed up by the end.
Cast of Characters: Blast Off, Nightlash, Swivel, Vortex, Hyperdrive


Blast Off has posed:
It's been touch and go ever since Blast Off and Vortex arrived at Garrus 1. Repaired by Starlock, then "accidentally" freed by Sky Lynx, they were just making their way out when they were interrupted by Juris and *somehow* managed to keep the appearance of still being captive- until she left. Ok then- onward. The two Combaticons made their way into the ventilation systems of the enormous dungeon they find themselves in... with only snatches of memory from their last time here many many years ago to aid them.

Still, it's a maze more than anything, and Blast Off eventually split up from Vortex, one heading one way, the other trying a different one. They're supposed to scout the area out and then make their way back to an arranged meeting spot. Blast Off is alone, unarmed, and making his way through the underbelly of the prison, having shut off his olfactory senses already because the stench in this maze was starting to get to him. It's full of wires, cables, shafts that lead who knows where and abrupt ends full of tangled wires. He makes his way through a promising corridor carefully, violet optics the brightest thing in this unending, claustrophobic underground puzzle. Well, not completely unarmed, he's managed to grab a few makeshift stabby weapons, but he's not a close fighter by any means.

Swivel has posed:
Usually, when Swivel is wandering tunnels, it is of her own volition. It also usually takes place on Cybertron. Alas, here she is on Luna-2, patrolling places that really don't usually get a lot of patrolling. However, an attempt to break Blast Off and Vortex out was likely, so security was increased to plug all the holes. And Swivel does work well in holes. Not always plugging them, though.

Swivel is armed with stasis cuffs and her volt whip, both readily accessible in case she encounters someone, or something, that shouldn't be down there. Her movements are quiet and observations thorough as her sensors are all set on high alert. And those sensors pick up a heat signature that does not belong to any of the systems down yonder and is curiously mech-shaped. Flatenning herself against a nearby wall, Swivel almost considers running the other way. However, when she realizes it is alone, she takes her chances. Hand hovering over holster, she she moves closer, then pauses just around the corner. Steadying herself, Swivel steps out. "HALT!"

Vortex has posed:
Vortex is down his own hall, wandering through the labyrinth that is underneath Garrus 1. He has a scalpel in each hand, creeping through the vents. The stench doesn't get to him, no. To him its the smell of freedom-or better yet. Some sort of stimulation. He gives a detached smile under his mask, humming lowly to himself. "Gotta find my way to their landing pad. Then find my way back to thrusters. Maybe a Com-room. He wishes there was some way to communicate to Blast Off, but for now the shuttle is on his own.

Blast Off has posed:
Blast Off's head tilts as he hears... a noise? He's not sure. Maybe he's just imagining it? He's just about to put a rocket foot forward again when that HALT comes ringing out through the tunnels. He knows the voice- and the figure-instantly. His spark leaps- and sinks at the same time. "Swivel?" The shuttleformer blinks, then given the circumstances, jerks backwards, trying to scramble through a narrow crack between platings and get some cover between him and the femme. Instinctively, he wants to radio Vortex, but... yeah. Radios have been disabled, of course. The sniper grips a sharp piece of metal he'd procurred. If he can get through, he'll take a moment to peer back at the femme through the crack.

Swivel has posed:
For now, Vortex presence is distant enough to be out of Swivel's infrared sensors. Or rather, it blends with the heat signatures of other systems. Swivel's optics narrow as they go from black to purple, seeing Blast Off. Swivel had been expecting to encounter a rescue party down here, not just Blast Off by his lonesome. Instinctively, Swivel looks around for signs of any other Combaticons. "You'd never leave Vortex behind. Where is he?" Swivel asks as she approaches the crack Blast Off wedged himself in. And anywhere Blast Off could squeeze into, the smaller femme certainly could access.

Vortex has posed:
Vortex crawls up a ventilation shaft, the shaft getting smaller and smaller. There is an odd clanging noise right above Swivel and Blast Off's area as a chopper moves through it. He hears voices below and peeks down below, his red optics glowing from the vents. How did he bend his body to get in there? Does anyone really want the answer to that? He watches quietly, as if trying not to be seen yet.

Blast Off has posed:
Blast Off realizes that pretty quickly, backing up and searching for a better spot that he can scramble up and perhaps block access to. Though it IS Swivel, and he's still not 100% certain what her intentions are. However, his response to her statement is swift. "He... got out already. I was just... staying behind looking for Intel, making my way outside now." Hopefully Vortex stays FAR away from all this and... wait, what's that noise?

He frowns. glancing up, then starts climbing himself, somewhat towards the noise. Hopefully it's not some monstrous being living down here to gobble up stray prisoners. He puts a foot on a cable and nearly slips, but then manages to gain a foothold and pushes upwards towards a ventilation shaft he's hoping he can reach, then close behind him. "What are *you* doing here?"

Swivel has posed:
On high alert, Swivel hears the clanking above. And then Blast Off says Vortex is already gone. It takes all of her restraint not to cross her arms and give Blast Off that 'look'. No, her hand needs to stay ready at her hip. When Blast Off begins climbing, Swivel takes a step closer. "I said HALT!" And the whip comes out. "And what I am doing here is my duty." And speaking of, rather than lash out at Blast Off, Swivel flicks her whip upwards, releasing a charge of electricity into the vents above. Al the while she is giving Blast Off that look of 'don't lie to me'.

Vortex has posed:
The clanking noise gets a little louder as the whip hits something metal. "Slag!" Vortex's familiar voice comes from the vent. He flails and part of the vent collapses from under him. He falls through to the others head-first, the rest of him still hanging in the broken vent above. "Um. Hi."

Blast Off has posed:
Blast Off pauses a moment, looking back at Swivel... for a second there's glimmer of hope. A friend? Some refuge in this mess, this labyrinth he finds himself mired in? And then... no. No respite here. No friend, just.... war. The shuttleformer's expression seems to fall for a moment, his frame sagging, then there's the motion, the whip and crack, and the *thud* up above followed by- "Vortex?"

He stares up at the spot Tex is now hanging, optics flaring wide. FRAG. Now he looks back at Swivel, and his expression's hardened. "It's going to be like THIS, hmm?" He sighs- a short sigh- and then lunges up to try grabbing his teammate and stuffing him in before Swivel can react.

Swivel has posed:
Swivel steps back as Vortex comes tumbling out. Mostly. "Hi." Swivel responds flatly. However, she doesn't keep her attack. With a flick of her wrist, the whip retracts. She looks over at Blast Off with a steely expression. Seeing him lunge to assist Vortex, Swivel quickly puts herself between VOrtex and Blast Off, forcing a very unpleasant option before Blast Off. He'll have to get through Swivel to assist Vortex.

"Yes, it's going to be like THIS. Because you PUT yourself, and Vortex, in this situation. What were you THINKING taking on Sky Lynx and defenses like that!?" Swivel demands, her voice breaking ever so slightly, showing that grizzly anger that can only be birthed by concern underneath. Swivel glances behind her, wary that Vortex may take a swipe at her while hanging behind her.

Vortex has posed:
Vortex looks to Swivel. "Come on, we're gonna get enough of that when we get back to Ons." he says, protecting his brother even now. "Look, I know you guys are friends and all. Just turn the other optic and we were never here." he says from the vent. He winces as Blast Off tries to push him back up "Hold on hold on. Gotta dislocate my hip if Im going in that way." something pops and he giggles. "Like that." he wiggles back into his position, popping the joint back in place again.

Blast Off has posed:
Blast Off freezes once he's realized he wasn't fast enough and now SWIVEL is blocking him from helping his teammate. And then she says THAT, which absolutely strikes at the guilt and shame the sniper's been carrying since he got himself- and worse, Vortex- captured because of HIS own foolish ...well, shame and guilt. So great, there's a cycle of guilt and dhame that doesn't seem about to end anytime soon.

He winces at that, gaze dropping down, cheeks suddenly feeling flushed as his fists ball up tight. He's silent as Vortex speaks up next, fighting the urge to crawl under a rock and never come out. But finally, he has to say something. "...Don't... you think I *know* that?" He hisses at them both. "It IS my fault. I acted.... " He hesitates, not even sure what to say, how to admit it. "I was... rash." His gaze finally lifts up towards where Tex is, then drops back to Swivel standing in his way. "I *know* Onslaught is going to demand answers. I..." He's quiet as Tex says they're friends, looking away.

Swivel has posed:
Swivel glances over at Vortex as he mentioned Blast Off and Swivel being friends. She then gives Blast Off a questioning look. Swivel's hand hoverws over her whip and she steps slightly to the side, but looks ready to get in the way again if any further sudden moves are made. She turns sideways to make it easier to split her attention between the two mechs. "You assume you will get out. While I can put friendship above duty, I cannot put it above justice. And you..." Swivel turns back to Vortex, "...your crimes are more than I can count. And you..." Swivel turns to Blast Off, frowning deeply. This is not a look of condmenation, but of sorrow. "...are an accomplice to them. I can no more simply let you go, as you could not simply let me go." Swivel's hand goes for her whip again, but she hesitates.

Vortex has posed:
Vortex pauses. "Look. Swivel." he says from down there. "I know you and Blast Off are close, no biggie. But you can at least get him out. Me? I dont expect the same treatement. My crimes are..pretty insane, yeah." He sayas. "But if you want. I can help you help him get out. And You can keep me. So it at least looks like you tried to stop us." he offers.

Blast Off has posed:
Blast Off grits his dentae as the other two speak, venting in a bit of air and lifting a finger in preparation of protesting 'crimes'... and then he stops, hovering on the edge of that protest but never quite... starting it. The execution of Streetsweeper flashes across his memory... that and other deaths he's caused. The shuttleformer's frame sinks down and his gaze drops to his feet.

Then Vortex tries to get him free while condemning himself and- "No." He looks up at Swivel, bracing himself. His own expression is hard to read behind that mask, but there's regret singed by a growing resignation. "*I* led this fight, and I will not leave YOU behind, Vortex. Don't ask me to again. I'm a shuttle, if nothing else." His hands ball into fists. He's not even sure *what* all he is anymore but the one thing that still makes perfect sense is *shuttle*- and shuttles make sure everyone in their team gets home.

He stands up straight, facing Swivel. "I understand. You have your duty, as I have mine." Which is getting himself- and Tex- home. The shuttleformer suddenly lunges forward, swinging the sharp metal piece towards Swivel's feet, trying to knock her down so he can barrel past and reach Vortex.

Swivel has posed:
Swivel looks at Vortex, arching an optic ridge as he offers himself. Her hand doesn't move from its perch by the hilt of her whip. Before she can say anything, Blast Off refuses the offer. And without Blast Off's participation, it would never work. Things are decided, and Swivel tries to find her resolve. While struggling with her own inner confict, Blast Off lashes out at her. Swivel is sturdy, and Blast Off manages to knock one foot, causing her to drop to one knee. But she's not out. Swivel lashes out at Blast Off with her whip. It's clear that she could easily spring up and chase after them, but instead she gets out her whip, fiddling with it. She bangs it a few times against the wall, constantly watching Blast Off and Vortex carefully, letting them get a head start.

Swivel then, without much urgency, places a hand on the side of her helmet, speaking out loud as she broadcasts the following to other Autobots. <<"The prisoners Vortex and Blast Off are escaping through the underground maintenance maze of Garrus-1. I located and engaged them in B4, but they have given me the slip.">> Again, she could have done that discretely. <<"Backup requested immediately as I am outnumbered.">>

Vortex has posed:
Vortex throws a hand down to Blast Off. "Get up here, or iI can get down there. Either way, we gotta run and we gotta run now. She won't be down long and has sent for backup!" He says, tensing as hes ready to bolt with his brother. "Together then. Together we'll get out of this."

Blast Off has posed:
Blast Off cannot leave his brother behind, even if he can understand that Vortex has committed even more crimes than he has. But he's not squeaky clean innocent, either, and that burden has been bearing down on him more and more lately. He succeeds in getting past the smaller femme, despite a crack of her whip- and reaches Vortex, stretching his arm up. "Let's get up there and go..." he says as he tries to climb up into the ventilation systems with his teammate and start heading off into the next chamber of... whatever. "Yes, together." He pauses, looking down as Swivel finishes her radio broadcast- out loud for their benefit. The sniper gives her a small nod, head slightly tilted, in a sort of acknowledgement of the courtesy. Then, after the tiniest sad, somber pause, he turns to try escaping.

Swivel has posed:
Swivel gives her whip one more bang against the wall, and it comes alive again with electricity. She nods to herself, having watched as the two Combaticons made their way into the ventilation shafts above. <<"Acknowledged.">> Swivel stands up, shaking out her legs and looks up. <<"They've entered the vents.">> Swivel adds. Rather than climb up after them, Swivel listens to the clamour of their movements to determined which direction they are going. Then she begins heading int he direction, seeking to get position herselve at a junction ahead of them.

Vortex has posed:
Vortex moves quickly through the vents. This isn't the first time hes been in prison and probably not his first escape attempt either. He helps his brother into the vents and then throws one of his scalpels down a fork in the vents, trying to make it clatter and make a lot of noise. He turns down the other one. "Move slow and to the ground. Try not to fall through lose paneling." He says lowly. "If you get stuck I'll help you wiggle through. Might have to move joints about." he says. "They wouldnt do much to you you know." he whispers.

Nightlash has posed:
Someone called for help! Nightlash had nothing better to do, and...well, no one screamed objections about her coming to help, so...there she is, making her way down into the depths of...whatever this place is. Though...not too far in, she pauses, shudders, and hesitates.... <<I...why is this place so closed in?>> She grumbles.

Well, there's...oh, noise over there? Right...hrm, and vents...ugh. That's even /more/ claustrophobia-inducing, and she looks upwards towards one... <<Do you know where-abouts they are? I...I uh, don't...know if I'll fit up in those things right or...whatever...>> She checks the charge on her blaster. <<Oh, hey, I actually charged this worthless piece of junk this time... go me.>>

Blast Off has posed:
This whole situation makes Blast Off feel particularly somber... but no time to dwell on it. Wallowing in his shame is what got Vortex and him captured in the first place, he MUST stop doing it. He moves after Vortex, also all too familiar with prison escapes and navigating hostile mazes. Though Tex's comment on getting stuck elicits a soft huff from the shuttleformer and he reaches a hand up to shove at the rotary. "I am not THAT much bigger than you!" Are you saying he's FAT, Vortex?

He then quiets as Tex throws the object to try and obscure their true path. "...Good idea." He starts crawling through the other way, looking for an exit to another tunnel somewhere. "It's rather... tight in here," he mutters, feeling a bit claustrophobic. "But look, there's a latch, I think?" He starts making his way towards it. "Whatever they do to me," he mutters in the meantime, "I doubt it will be pleasant. You forget I've done nearly as much as you have. Remember that Streetsweeper? He's hardly the first, really, is he? But I'm more concerned what they'd do to you. Let's... not find out."

Hyperdrive has posed:
Hyperdrive is speeding around the tunnels, thoroughly glad he's a hovercar at this point. He radios to his drone partner. <<Any sign of anyone yet? I'm checkin as quick as I can but I'm gettin some reverb in my sensors from my hoversystems in this closed environment....Tryin ta stay outta the goo and not scrape my spoiler off>> He acks as the bottom drops out from below him and he continues to speed about, checking as much ground as possible. <<We can't let them get away!>>

Swivel has posed:
Swivel is rushing ahead, but what is that. Swivel hears a clanging in two different directions, causing her to pause. <<"They are in B4, just a little south from the B4 W-junction. And they may be splitting up, one heading north, the other west.">> Swivel relays. One of those sounds definitely is more... scratchy. Rotors maybe? Swivel assumes that where the scalpel is rattling is where Vortex is headed, and the direction both COmbaticons are headed is only where Blast Off is going. Until it stops making noise, coming to a stop. Swivel walks right under where the scalpel stops, and uses her whip to latch on to an access panel, pulling it open. Seeing the scalpel drop down, she realizes she'd been tricked. <<"Scrap that! They are both - possibly - heading north.">>

Vortex has posed:
Vortex doesn't have his rotors right now. Which is good becuase it makes it easy to shimmy along. "Well Im not saying you're fat. I've got stuck a few times. Just saying it might.." He pauses, brushing some grime out of their way. "Ew. Happen." He says, shuffling along. "Theres a latch, lets get to it." He says, moving closer. "No he's not. And if I weren't there, you'd have never done it. Don't worry about me. This isnt the first prison I've bene in or broken out. I can take it." he says. "Walk in the park for me."

Nightlash has posed:
Nightlash starts to follow Swivel's directions until she hears the rattle of something being thrown and just...sort of pauses to listen. Then she giggles...and then laughs. "HA! I know that trick," she looks over at...wait, was there someone by her side? She doesn't seem to know, or even realize that...no, there isn't. "I do it all the time when I hear Prowl coming," she half-whispers to the air beside her, then she just takes aim and starts shooting through the vent at where the thing was thrown. Or...likely thrown. <<North! Right! I hear a thing! I'm ... well, I'll let you know if I break anything! Or...better yet, kill one of them!>>

Hyperdrive has posed:
Hyperdrive is confused by the maze and assorted sounds coming from the background and from his own repulsar systems keeping him safely in the middle of the tubes. He frowns, <<I'm still not seein anyone....Nightlash which direction are you? Is everyone okay?>> He rumbles annoyedly to himself and adds, <<Can't believe they got loose>>

Blast Off has posed:
Blast Off huffs, though as he then suddenly get a bit stuck as his broad, sweeping shoulders catch in a narrow spot, the huff dies down into a chuffaw and he has to wriggle a bit to get loose again. ANYWAY. He frowns under his faceplate as Tex keeps talking. There's a pause before he mumbles, "...Maybe. I made my choices long ago, Vortex. I knew what I was signing up for. Mercenaries don't get to have free consciences." He moves towards the latch, adding. "Well I've done a few of these things, too, don't forget. Just... haven't quite gotten used to- ah!"

He jerks back as a weapon of some sort strikes the vent near them. There's more and... "Frag!" Vortex has been struck! "You alright?!" That's it, he needs to get OUT of this cramped space! The Combaticon sniper tries pulling his teammate to the latch and through it. This just isn;t safe here, they're sitting turboducks. "We gotta get out of here NOW!" Look, he's not pronouncing every single word seperately and properly, he's flustered!

Swivel has posed:
<<"I can't believe they got loose either. Not without help from the inside. But I've never even been up to the cell blocks. I was here expecting to intercept a rescue party, not to find them loose.">> Swivel explains. Swivel picks up the scalpel and stows it away for later use. Never know when these things will come in handy. Now to mentally follow the sounds of the real escapees. Swivel picks up her pace. She was conflicted earlier, but having others around to hold her accountable has strengthened her resolve. <<"Hyperdrive, I'm pinging you my coordinates.">> Swivel adds, trying to guide Hyperdrive to their location while she tries to figure out where the two mechs will come out, and rushes to that location. Luckily, she had studied the plans down here, and just has a 'sense' about tunnels. By the time Swivel reaches the closest latch north from where she'd encountered them before, they were already out.

There was no point in further words. Especially with added listeners. Swivel immediately attempts to strike Blast Off with her whip - as its her own reliable weapon. While Vortex would be her preferred target, Blast Off was the logical choice. Damn logic.

Vortex has posed:
Vortex takes a shot in the chest, and hisses in pain, trying to hold it back so he doesn't reveal their location. "Slag." His hand moves to his chest. "Blast Off, Whip to your right!" well if he wasn't giving away his position before, he is now. He holds his scalpel close to him. "We continue to run, or do we stay and fight? Im all for running." He says, turning to look at Blast Off. "Don't let them scare you. The walls are just stars, mech. Stay with me now. You're flying through the stars until we find the launchpad." strange tactic but he hopes it works for calming down his brother.

Nightlash has posed:
Nightlash hit something! She looks at the hole in the vent that drew the noise from Vortex and just...sort of stares. It's one of those moments where everything just seems to have disconnected... if no one knew any better, it'd be kind of like she just went into a stasis-lock as she watches expectantly...her blaster-wielding hand dropping to her side before the clatter of it hitting the ground follows.

The optics are still glowing, but...she's just gone quiet. It's truly a case of the lights being on but nobody home.

Hyperdrive has posed:
Hyperdrive is following the coordinates that Swivel sent him. He speeds up and around and makes a face when he finally transforms to robot mode, dropping down from the next offshoot down. He glares as he spies Vortex and Blast off, "W-what? Don't like our accomidations?" He glares, "How's it feel? Enjoyin runnin fer yer life?" He raises his weapon, "Give up now!" He aims it at Blast off a moment before turning toward Vortex. There's a slight grin on his face as he contemplates shooting Vortex before Blast off has a chance to answer. But for the moment he's got the techvolt firmly trained on Vortex.

Blast Off has posed:
Blast Off is definitely at a disadvantage down in these tunnels, one that Swivel most certainly is not. And it shows as she senses where to head them off as they pop out of the ventilation shaft. Blast Off holds onto Tex as they fall through the ventilation shaft, finding a hard landing below, but manages to get on his feet. Then- woah. Tex warns him in time and Blast Off turns to see Swivel and- frag, there's the whip. He jumps back and starts backing away, looking for an opening out, feeling trapped and claustrophobic. Vents heaving, he turns to face Vortex. "Stars." Pause. He just stares at his bro, trying to calm himself. "Maze of... stars." He seems to snap out of it for a moment, looking at Swivel, back ...was that Nightlash who just shot at them? And why is she.... oof, no time to wonder. He darts towards a tunnel ringed by thick cables on either side, leading into a labyrinth of wires, tunnels, and who knows what. "Running, I'm all for running, we have no real weapons..." He bumps into a cable in his disorientation, then proceeds more confidently ahead. "Flying, flying is good!"

Suddenly there's a flash of blue and for a second Blast off's spark sinks as he thinks- wait no, it's the OTHER blue Autobot....and at Hyperdrive's comments, the sniper winces anyway. How the tables have turned, indeed. He glares at the 'Bot, muttering, "Not particularly, no." He tenses as the gun points at him, then turns to his bro... He grabs at his teammate. "Let's GO!" Whirling around, he tries pulling the rotary with him as he makes a mad dash for cover- and possibly sharp objects to strike with.

Swivel has posed:
WOOSH! CRACK. Swivel misses. She coils up her whip, looking to see where Blast Off is headed. Swivel transforms and turns down another tunnel. <<"Hyperdrive, you keep on them. I'll cut them off. Nightlash. Report.">> Nightlash had gone eerily quiet, and she was usually quite chatty. Which concerns Swivel. In fact, a lot of things are concerning Swivel. Hyperdrive, Nightlash, Blast Off... her own constant moral dilemma. But she has her duty to perform.

Swivel sppeds ahead to the next juntion, turns, and zooms right ahead of Blast Off and Vortex. And now, here comes the flashers! <<"Watch yer Optics, Hyperdrive!">>

Vortex has posed:
Vortex just so happens to be carrying sharp objects with him! He did empty that scalpel drawer in medical and take it with him. He holds one in each hand and has subspaced more on his body. He shouts. "Slag off, Autobot!" at Hyperdrive and hisses as the whip strikes, blinding him! He brandishes the blade, trying to figure out where the Autobots are. "I'll rip out your optics." he hisses.

Nightlash has posed:
Nightlash doesn't quite respond to everything...there's shots fired around her, Hyperdrive is doing a thing, and...she just slowly turns to sort of look at Vortex and Blast Off as though...what /are/ they doing here. There's just confusion there, moreso when she turns to look at Swivel.

And then, it's all gone. Clarity is back again and she turns to shoot at the Combaticons...with a blaster that she's dropped. Huh...wait, no, pointing a finger does not make something die, no matter how loud you yell 'pewpew!'...

So, instead, she just jumps in to tackle the shuttle since...well, he's closer. And...eww, who wants to touch Vortex?

Hyperdrive has posed:
Hyperdrive is very capable of dealing with bright flashes of light. He does ALMOST feel bad for Blast off And Vortex....and apparently Nightlash who suddenly dives and well...sure doesn't hit either of the combaticons. <<Maybe ya shoulda warned Nightlash too?>> ANd it's probably a good thing that she misses cause now he's got a clear shot at Blast off and vortex. Unfortunately of the two, Blast off is the more troublesome. And even if he knocks vortex out, Blast off will try carrying him. So....he fires his techvolt at Blast off.

Blast Off has posed:
Blast Off thinks maybe he will have a shot here, leading Vortex towards the maze. Stars, right, he's got to think of stars and NOT let his own personal issues get him... or, well, he'll be SEEING stars pretty soon as Swivel is suddenly zooming in front of them and before he can turn his head he's been FLASHED. The light is blinding. "Arrgh!" The sniper comes to a halt, holding his hands over his optics and rubbing them. There's a low, hissy huff as he can hear Vortex thrashing about near him. He turns, desperate to hear what's going on as he strains to see again, then the sound of running feet catches his attention.

Blast Off is at a severe disadvantage here, but he *is* a trained Combaticon, and that training instinct kicks in as he calculates the form's trajectory and then whirls around to avoid it at the last second. Also, #Notouchy. Speaking of that, he hears someone else approach- and recognizes the sounds of the technovolt immediately. Again, #Nope. The shuttle uses his training to expertly dodge ...well, ok, it's a combination of training and sheer luck, given that he can't see well. But they're going nowhere right now if they're surrounded, which is seems that they are. The worst threat right now seems the ever-hated stun gun, so Blast Off focuses his attention there- and charges for where he thinks his attacker is, trying to bowl them over and clear a path.

Swivel has posed:
Swivel had only briefly caught the blank look before Nightlash seemed to snap to. Sort of. She tried shooting with a finger, and that causes some concern. But Swivel can't address those concerns right now. She also can't address Hyperdrive's either. She just to act now, and sort out the rest when there is a moment to properly think! Swivel transforms and springs into action.

Before, Blast Off was the logical target. However, considering a few things, suddenly, Swivel finds her optics turning towards Vortex. Both have been blinded, but Blast Off seems to be maneuvering quite well despite it. Vortex seems more than a little off balance. Perhaps due to the lack of rotors. Not that he is any less vicious, armed with scalpels. Pressing her advantage, and also know that slowing down Vortex, or making him dead weight, will slow down Blast Off, Swivel once again attempts to stun the rotory mech with her numb setting.

Vortex has posed:
Vortex 's optics flicker as he pauses in his attacks. His body trembles a bit and he vents loudly. "Not now..not now." he whispers to himself. He seems to be freaking out a little. "Bl..blast Off? Keep running. If I stop, if I falter. I want you to keep running. Dont stop. Dont look back." his voice, normally manic and giggly is very serious, his optics darkening, then brightening quickly. "Go! Run! I'll cover you! Get through the stars. Remember, its still stars. Dont hit the asteroids! " he starts to throw a scalpel as hard as he can at Hyperdrive's optics, as he hears his own fuel pump in his audials. "Get away from my brother, you glitches!" those optics flash bright, murderous crimson.

Hyperdrive has posed:
Hyperdrive gets slammed by Blast off and he tries to hold on but can't help but scream in pain as he's struck by Vortex's scalpel. One optic is completely dimmed with the scalpul still hanging out of it, the other is flickering but he's trying to fight past it the pain and keep helping Swivel. <<I-I'm fine goin fer the cuffs!>> He tries to memorize his target as he struggles because there's a good chance he'll be fighting blind if this drags out farther. So using the fact that Blast off closed the gap between them, he grabs the cuffs and attempts to attach them to the shuttleformer. "D-didn't want...ta hurt you..." His voice is soft as he wrestles with the big mech. of course, Blast off isn't the one that just got rammed or has a scalpel sticking out of his face.

Blast Off has posed:
Blast Off is starting to see again after ramming into Hyperdrive, clearing a path, but then... Vortex isn't coming with him. The shuttleformer stops, turning to look. "Vortex?" Then his bro seems ot freak out...and what he says that's supposed to be reassuring *isn't*. "What is it? What's wrong? I'm NOT leaving without you." He hesitates, looking back towards the maze that is oh so close, beckoning... "Stars..." The shuttleformer curls slightly inward and steps back, back towards the rotary. Then suddenly there's Hyperdrive again, in his face, going to... FRAG those are stasis cuffs and that's so much #NOPE. The sniper again reacts instinctively, just managing to wrest his heatshield covered arms away from the devices. "No! Get off me!"

He pauses one moment, violet optics flashing, looking like a cornered turbofox. "You should worry about what we'll do to YOU!" He suddenly stops short, wincing as he notices the scalpel sticking out the 'Bot's optic... "Ew. Like...um, that." He sounds less tough now and more... ick this is so /uncivilized/. Then, he shakes his head and runs back to Vortex, bracing himself for a fight. He whirls, and with Vortex now tackling Hyperdrive that leaves...

Blast Off stands there a moment just staring at Swivel, caught in a moment of time he'd rather have not come to. But no time for regrets. His face hardens and he lunges at her, trying to knock cuffs or whips away. "Let us *through*!" He's hoping to knock her down again and clear a path for their escape. He's desperate.

Swivel has posed:
"Hyperdrive!" Swivel exclaims as Vortex pulls a dirty trick. Of course, Swivel expected that from Vortex. His reputation isn't exactly pristine. Swivel lowers her head, looking towards Vortex. Calm. Her objective is unchanged. This isn't revenge, she was already trying to prevent the prisoners from escaping. Nonetheless, the cuffs come out. She observe Vortex, again, trying to encourage Blast Off to leave him behind. And then, she becomes suddenly aware that Nightlash seems to have zoned out again. <<"Nightla-oof!">> Swivel's smaller frame gets bowled over by Blast Off. But not for nothing, Swivel latches on to him when they make contact with all the reflexes of a baby koala, and attempts to slap those cuffs on Blast Off before he shakes her off.

Vortex has posed:
Vortex curls into a ball right there, brandishing more of those scalpels. "Hud warnings, system crashes...probably due to not having any slaggin speeders." he throws his next scalpel towards Swivel. "Get away from him! Get away!" he snalrs liek a drapped animal, optics brighter then they should be. His shaking gets worse. "Ignore. Ignore. Slaggit, remove warnings." he moves to try to get between Blast Off and Swivel, his empty rotor assembly trying to flare out rotors that arent there. "Get away..from him." he sounds like hes coming unhinged.

Hyperdrive has posed:
Hyperdrive tries to wipe at his optics and yelps as he accidently hits the scalpel. Unfortunately he's got no time to deal. Swivel is still fighting Blast off and he sort of catches sight of her getting the cuffs on him but then there's vortex. Now...That one...that one he'll gladly go a few more rounds with. The pain he feels reminds him of what it was like. And so the mech throws everything he's got into trying to cuff Vortex.Especially after he sees him hit Swivel!

Blast Off has posed:
Blast Off succeeds in ramming into the smaller femme. Someone he'd much rather *hug* than hurt most times... but now is not most times. He's desperate to escape. And yet, frag, even as he strikes into her and he can feel their forms crunching she's wriggling around to... what the frag- "Ahhh!" She won't let go, and in other circumstances he'd like that... but he certainly doesn't like *this*.

Statis locks slap onto his arms and he feels the jolt telling him his transformation cog is offlined. "No!" His own erratic motions increase in response, his own form twisting and writhing as he tries frantically to squirm out of the cuffs somehow. He staggers back, kicking at Swivel, trying to get her away from him, grunting as he fights the cuffs ...to no avail. He starts venting heavily again, trying to ward off panic, and looks to Vortex. "Vortex, RUN! That's an ORDER!"

Swivel has posed:
Swivel holds on tight until Blast Off. She's got the cuffs on, whew! "I never wanted... this..." Swivel whispers, but doesn't even dare finish. She is alert to the sounds of security, plus the reinforcement Hound sent, arriving. At last. Swivel radios their location and an update to them. In the middle of that, Blast Off gets very desperate. And VOrtex is coming undone. Swivel gets hit in the back with one of those scalpels, and just as Swivel is about toreact she gets hit square in her middle with a solid kick from Blsat Off. Swivel is sent tumbling to the ground, rolling a bit before she comes to a stop.

However, the femme is not out, as she quickly gets her feet beneath her. "He's not going anywhere." From her low, crouched position, she springs towards Vortex despite his seemingly endless supply of sharp things. THe mech needs controlled, for his own good, and everyone else's. Perferably, to keep Hyperdrive from going to town on Vortex as well.

Vortex has posed:
Vortex Gets the cuffs on him and screams out in an almost Brawl-like /rage/. He turns to snarl at Swive and then laughs. He laughs a sinister, unhinged laugh looking at Hyperdrive. "Let. Me. Help you with that." he then SLAMS his own head into Hyperdrive's optic, tyring to push that scalpel in farther, probably smashing his own mask and visor in the process. They don't call him crazy chopper for nothing.

Nightlash has posed:
Nightlash blinks...that confused look is back and she takes a moment or two to simply figure out...where the scrap she is. And then things seem to register, and she jumps up and points accusingly at the vents. "They're throwing things to di...str...act..." She pauses, then looks back at the pile of Swivel and Blast Off and...then there's Vortex and Hyperdrive... She looks at her hand, still absent a blaster, then spots the blaster on the floor...

"I..." She goes to pick her blaster up as Vortex hits Hyperdrive and just aims at the mech's head, pulling the trigger without a second thought. Mostly because she still looks like she's trying to figure out how everything around her changed so abruptly...

Hyperdrive has posed:
Hyperdrive is hurting and the slagger drives the scalpel further into his head. The pain is...well more than hyperdrive can handle and it becomes a bit of a life and death struggle to get Vortex off of him. And if he hits him more than necessary, well...who's fault was that?

Swivel has posed:
Swivel tries, to no avail, to hold Vortex back once he's cuffed, from attacking Hyperdrive. Swivel barely stops herself from calling out in concern for Hyperdrive, knowing it would only please Vortex and encourage him. However, Hyperdrive is riled up and Swivel pulls Vortex away from Hyperdrive, effectively protecting the mech from further damage. "Enough of th..." BLAM! Swivel intakes sharply as Nightlash shoots Vortex right in the head. Swivel stands there somewhat stunned as energon splatters across her face.

Meanwhile, the guards have arrived. They see the two mechs in cuffs and rush to attempt to detain them further...

Blast Off has posed:
Blast Off's face whips around to stare at hers as Swivel tells him she never wanted all this. There's a wild panic in his optics, but other emotions flicker through, from reproach to sullen acceptence. It may be a bit of time before he can react to something like that with a clear head. Right now- he's trapped, he's going to a cell... if not a box. The shuttleformer stands there, heaving as he wrestles with claustrophobic panic. "The walls..." He mutters to himself, looking up warily.

Then Vortex is still fighting, and Blast Off takes a step towards his brother. "Vortex, RUN! I said RUN!" But no, he attacks Hyperdrive- and then there's a shot. Vortex falls as Blast off stares at him, and it seems to take a moment for him to register who and what happened. At that point, all the fight seems to leave the shuttle and he slowly sinks to his knees, just staring numbly ahead into the distance. He doesn't even seem to notice the guards.

Vortex has posed:
Vortex struggles like a mad thing posessed-- until that shot is fired and rips off most of the left side of his head. He pauses for a moment, blinking his remaining right optic from behind his cracked visor. "Huh.." he states in confusion, trying to lift his restrained arms to his head and then falls over on his face, a pool of pink energon around him, and circuits taht are not supposed to be exposed to the air fritzing.

Hyperdrive has posed:
Hyperdrive falls to the side when he misses Vortex. THe wall is given a hit or two in frustrations before Hyperdrive curls up. His hands covering hsi face but not quite touching the scalpel. WHimpering in pain he focuses on tryin to quell the panic that is trying to overtake him.

Nightlash has posed:
Nightlash just...keeps on walking, tossing the blaster aside now that it's done it's job in quieting the noise around her. Or, most of it, at least...and just...yep. That's it. She's just walking right back out the exit and muttering to herself, optics darting about as she replays the whole scene that played out...and still confused each time that little...gap appears.

Swivel has posed:
When Swivel manages to regain her bearings, she looks around as the mechs arrive. She doesn't let go of Vortex very easily for some reason when a guard comes to assist her. Her optics turn to Blast Off, seeing him just, give in. And it horrifies her. At the moment, she can't even bring herself to hide the expression, which is amplified by the pinkish energon streaked across it. But then her expression hardens.

"Hyperdrive, Nightlash, thank you for your help, but Garrus guards will take it from here. You are relieved. Mission success." Swivel looks at Hyperdrive, not wanting to get too close in case, while blinded, he mistakes her for an enemy. <<"We need medical at Garrus-1. Hyperdrive has taken a head wound, and so has one of the captives.">> All the while, Swivel is putting herself between the other two Autobots and the captives.

Once the guards have removed VOrtex and Blast Off, it is only then that Swivel carefully approaches Hyperdrive. "Hyperdrive. Hyperdrive. It's me approaching. We're going to get you patched up. You did good." Swivel looks up searching for Nightlash, who has laready walked away. She then goes back to trying to soothe Hyperdrive, giving on last look in the direction that the guards are taking Blast Off. If looks could convey a message, this would be one of sadness and regret, but not shame.

Swivel is going to have one heck of a report to write, now.

Hyperdrive has posed:
Hyperdrive is shaking badly and would probably have attacked except for Swivel's careful approach. He gives a violent shudder before surrendering consciousness, trusting Swivel to make sure they get back safely.

Blast Off has posed:
The shuttleformer is meek and mild now, mostly staring blankly ahead, or in Vortex's direction, frame sagging in defeat. The only time Blast Off seems to come out of his intense withdrawal is when the guards go to move Vortex, and he looks at Swivel one time, almost pleading.... but then he hears her call for medical for his teammate and his head drops down again to just stare into space as he's carted off by two hefty guards.

Vortex has posed:
Vortex gives the guards absolutely no trouble. His body is limp, that head wound bleeding badly. If hes conscious hes not making any sign of it, just simply a gray ragdoll restrained and ready to go who knows where.

Swivel has posed:
Swivel catches Hyperdrive, and gently sets him down. She has one last thing to do. She catches up with the guard carrying Blast Off away. She looks at the stasis cuffs, seeming to check them to make sure she got them on right. "I've already confiscated Blast Off's things," She says, keeping step with the larger guard. "But Vortex still needs to be thoroughly searched. For his own good and everyone else's. I won't tolerate further brutality now that they are complying. Understood?" Subtly, Swivel's hand slips something into one of Blast Off's compartments. She smiles, and salutes the guard. "Thank you."

The guard shrugs, just doing his job, and seeming somewhat annoyed by her checking up on things, but doesn't say anything.

Swivel then returns, unsure if moving Hyperdrive would damage him further. Thus she instead stays beside him, tending only the things she knows won't cause furhter damage and sustain him until a medic arrives.


Sometime much later, when Blast Off is in his cell, he'll find a datapad hidden on his person with some novels loaded onto it.