|Alt Mode||Hauler Truck|
Adagio is an MTO brought online towards the very end of the Simanzi conflict. He’s slow and gigantic, with an altmode large enough to transport smaller mechs or heavy materials on the battlefield and immense strength in root mode. But whether due to his traumatic early life or just his nature, he’s fearful in a fight, shy and gentle out of battle and would much rather spend time listening to music or learning about the world. His naivete makes him easy to influence, for better or worse. It’s his loyalty to his friends and his cause that keeps him fighting.
Adagio was brought online as an 8 step MTO alongside a lot of mostly smaller “siblings” and a few of his own bulky frame. He was engineered specifically to bring supplies and transport small troops, and then to transform and wreck anyone in his way. He did this just fine, thanks to his training and strength, though he didn’t much like it.
He was lucky enough to hear a Cybertronian classical suite as one of his training “steps,” maybe because his trainer was just fond of it and thought the newsparks-slash-fodder deserved to hear it before the hell of the battlefield. That not only hooked in his spark a love for music and singing, but gave him a longing for beauty and serenity that existed outside of the war. Maybe that’s what gave him the determination to slog through the final days of the Simanzi conflict despite having to fight Decepticons, often bare-handed, to brutal ends he Just Doesn’t Want to Think About Right Now. But survive he did, a full-fledged Autobot soldier, and now everything’s going to be better. Right?
Skills & Abilities[edit source]
- Adagio is a very large heavy-hitter, trained primarily in hand-to-hand combat that takes advantage of his size, strength and weight. Not quick, not always graceful, but effective. He relies heavily on his large fists and feet, though he’s not above transforming and making a battering ram of himself if the situation calls for it.
- Likewise, he can take a good amount of damage, being a heavily armored truck built to withstand enemy fire, bombs and an increasingly hot and dangerous battlefield.
- His hauler truck alt mode can transport heavy materials and small-to medium mechs should they need it. It’s not fast transportation by any means, but he will get you there.
- He has a very nice singing voice.
- Adagio is slow. Slow. Slllooooow. Even his regular movements and speech are slow, which means on the battlefield he’s basically as agile as none-too-aggressive glacier. Speedsters can literally run loops around him. It doesn’t help that being sped around too easily tends to confuse and upset him.
*He is, as previously stated, fearful and thus none too aggressive. He often lacks initiative in battle and holds back more than he should; he’ll still fight, but not as well as he could if he was maybe a little happier to be in a fight. He’ll miss because he’s nervous, or give his opponent too many opportunities because he hesitates at the wrong time.
*Not that eight steps isn’t quite enough to learn everything one needs to know about the world, of course, but Adagio’s education thus far has been...let’s say, limited. His passivity and naivete combine to make the sort who is probably pretty easy to manipulate, mislead, use or just confuse. He isn’t stupid by any means; it just takes him a little longer to catch up, that’s all.
Logs[edit | edit source]
|Training Simulator Talk||November 1st, 2018||Exactly what it sounds like.|
|Four At The Academy||October 31st, 2018||Hyperdrive is trying to leave, Adagio, Siegebreaker and Starlock are trying to join.|
|Party Gone Wrong||October 23rd, 2018||Adagio accidentally knocks Blurr out with a baton. Swivel takes care of the situation.|
|You Too||October 22nd, 2018||Rotorstorm encounters a naive young MTO and gives some advice to the little (big) guy.|
|Rose Tinted Crystals||October 16th, 2018||Adagio encounters two reminiscers who also happen to be Decepticons.|