Profile[edit source]Being an aerial cadet these cycles was troublesome at best. Windcry considers it a mark in her favor that she managed to finish her training with her wings intact. The world had crumbled into war, which made the combat trained cadets potential resources. Competition was brutal since the stakes were so high. But Windcry was more interested in learning what she could rather than proving herself. Although she was a good student, a good flier, and an excellent marksman, she learned the trick of downplaying these things. Instead of aiming for the top three, which were coveted positions, she carefully maintained a standing that was good, but unremarkable. Now that she’s graduated from the Academy, she’s sure it’s only a matter of time before she figures out where she belongs in the war torn world that is Cybertron.
Windcry came into being when functionism was still running strong. As such she was shuttled off to the Academy at Vos where her lot in life was to be an aerial combatant. She didn’t complain about this; it was a better opportunity than many had. While she wasn’t violent in nature, she also didn’t have a keen aversion to it, and it was better to have the freedom of the skies and an education than to be shoved down a hole as a miner, or clean up grime for the rest of her life. Windcry learned quickly that if she was going to survive, she had to play their game. Fighting the system while surrounded by a bunch of impulsive, young mechs trying to prove their superiority didn’t seem like a wise strategy. By carefully watching how everyone interacted, she tried to pick where the best place was for her own survival, both socially and academically. Those at the bottom of the ladder were picked on, sometimes until they were little more than a wreck. Those at the top constantly needed to fight to keep their place, again sometimes until they were little more than a wreck. The upper middle seemed perfect to Windcry. So she carefully constructed a mental checklist of when, and where, she would succeed or fail. She took care to notice who to listen to, and who to brush off. But she was also very careful to verbally lie as little as possible, hoping that her actions would speak louder than words. This was a lonely time for her since it was too risky to get close to anyone. However, she resisted the notion that it was the only way to be. Rather she was biding her time until she was free from the academy and free to make her own choices. But then the world went to hell in a hand basket, so to speak. Everything became even more dangerous as the angry low caste masses rose up, became a rebellion, and eventually took out the Senate. Chaos claimed Cybertron, and some people even left the Academy, believing that such a place was for fools who wanted to learn instead of act. Most of the instructors tried to keep things as ordered as possible, to stand for structure amidst all the ruin. They were mostly successful, but as so many of their past graduates became Decepticons, the place became tainted by association.The Seekers themselves, all colored with Seeker pride and clannishness began to own that association, and whispers about how they would join with the Decepticons upon graduation became common when the officials weren’t watching. Windcry herself was hesitant to commit one way or another. Propaganda was one thing, but actually jumping headfirst into the war was not on her mind. No, she was determined that anyone who wanted her would have to ‘convince’ her.
Skills & Abilities[edit source]
- Emotional Subterfuge: Windcry is very good at convincing people she’s feeling something other than what she is. While she’s not necessarily good at pretending to be someone else, she’s very good at fooling people into believing the real her is something else.
- Motion Prediction: She might not be the heaviest hitter out there, but she has a pretty good optic for the way people move, something she can use to her advantage in combat. But this can also be good in social situations as the movements of others often indicate mood or intention. Granted, some people are harder to gauge than others. Plus there are many experiences she hasn’t had and so she doesn’t have the ability to anticipate them based on motion.
- False Pride: Windcry has been playing the game so long that she almost believes her own gimmick. Thus, if someone challenges her competency or throws mud on her pride, she feels obligated to retaliate, even if it goes against her best judgement. This can lead to some dangerous situations, especially if she feels that Seekers in general have been denigrated.
- Textbook Bound: While she scored well in the Academy, her ‘real’ combat experience is next to none. This means she really only has her training exercises to fall back on. In reality war is usually far more chaotic, and she’ll either learn to think better on her feet (or on the wing) or die trying. Hopefully it will be the former.
- Hypochondriac: What started as a general need to be in her best shape became a core-deep aversion to anything that might wear away at her health. Injuries were ‘clean’ and external and even expected for someone in her line of work. But anything that would make her a target of ridicule, general aversion, or unfitness to work terrifies her at a primal level. She had invested so much in her perfect mask that such a sign of falling apart is completely anathema to her. She will go to great lengths to avoid anything that will make her more than superficially dirty.
Your Custom Heading[edit source]
You may add any number of custom fields with extra information to your character's page if you wish. If not, just delete this section from your page by removing the Datasheet template.
Logs[edit | edit source]
|Seeker Roll Call||October 30th, 2016||Thundercracker gathers together the Seekers for a roll call and situation update.|
|Thrust goes home||October 30th, 2016||The Decepticons stage a daring raid on a jail in Tarn.|
|My Brother's Keeper 3||May 11th, 2016||Phantom rescues Quantum from a secret lab on Luna-2.|
|Graduation and Murder||April 21st, 2016||What initially began as a graduation ceremony at the Vosian Flight Academy suddenly turns vendetta-esque when Starscream shows up to murder the school's headmaster.|